Gase Fired

Vudu

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gase went what 5-1 against the Jets? I dont know enough about him, but alienating people and making some of these guys uncomfortable wouldnt necessarily be a bad thing. I mean the Jets got the living crap kicked out of them yesterday.

So did the Dolphins.

There’s a medium between being a huggy pussy and a tyrannical a$$hole that we should look into.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Dolphins fans are thrilled he is gone.  They think he was terrible.  His nickname among Dolphin fans is "weasel-face"

Maybe a decent OC, but he was a HC failure in Miami.

IMHO a good OC who was in the playoffs last years as HC with the QB talent he had to work with deserves serious consideration here. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

He is despised by all Dolphin fans.  That much is fairly and rarely unanimous.  Says alot if you are listening.  Pass.  He sucks.

Dolphin fans might be the dumbest fanbase there is in the NFL.  They for sure are the most overly optimistic group, think theyre a playoff team every single year.

I live down here, never hear any fish fan complain about Gase.

30 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We’re either getting Defilippo or some unknown from the Texans staff.

If Mac uses the third pick overall on a Right Tackle and strikes out again in free agency enjoy 1-15 next season and the year after and year after

Yeah you’re right about the coach being someone no other NFL team would hire at that level.  Options are severely limited for the Jets as long as you have this current set up where Maccagnan is employed.  Do you actually think they we, who post on this message board, are the only people who are are incredulous and totally bewildered by the fact that Maccagnan still has a job that is so incredibly above what any slight skill level he possesses?

No, we are not the only people.  His abysmal record in drafting, in FA, is known.

So if you’re a hot coaching prospect do you risk uprooting your family, and even if you do a very good job there is a good chance you’ll be bounced because the idiot who hired you is finally getting replaced next year?

Yeah unfortunately the next HC will probably be another mumbling dunce, not as bad as the last one, that’s virtally impossible, but not much better.

They won’t be 1-15 next year.  That’ll never happen with Sammy.  He virtually beat a smoking hot Houston team and Aaron Rodgers in consecutive weeks all by himself...1 against 22.

Shame his first contract will most likely be wasted being forced to play for this terrible organization.

Don’t the Johnsons realize that if they pay top dollar for a real GM, a real HC and nurture Darnold they’ll be a Super Bowl threat for a long time? It’s just good business sense.  They’ll make the money invested a thousand fold.

But unfortunately the team appreciates in value no matter what, just like the NY Knicks, they still split billions of dollars in tv money win or lose, so winning does not matter.  And that is the only reason Mike Maccagnan could have this job.

Hell be happy the so called “coach’s” defense cratered for the 1,001 time and Darnold wasn’t able to beat Houston and Green Bay.  Good chance Bowles would have been back with Maccagnan hahaha.

3 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I just can’t believe this dunce, who can’t even pick his nose, is going to pick the next HC.  I can’t believe he gets another draft.  I can’t believe he gets a 5th YEAR when the roster is in worse shape than it was on his first day.

What’s the worse that can happen. Mac picks the wrong coach that he and the Johnsons are tied to for the next 2-3 years, Mac whiffs on draft picks yet again, and whiffs again on FA signings. By the time the Johnsons finally cut ties with this albatross, Darnold is fed up with this lame azz organization and bolts to the west coas when his contract expires. We are back at square one with no coach, no GM and no FQB.  Don’t mean to be so dark but I’m watching the Twilight Zone marathon on New Year’s Eve. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Dolphin fans might be the dumbest fanbase there is in the NFL.  They for sure are the most overly optimistic group, think theyre a playoff team every single year.

I live down here, never hear any fish fan complain about Gase.

Fins were 7-9 this year and they fired their HC. If we got to 7-9, there’d be a ticker tape parade down Wall St and Macc and Bowles would get extensions to their already extended contracts. And they’d be on every late night show in NY.  ??‍♂️??‍♂️

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Gase went what 5-1 against the Jets? I dont know enough about him, but alienating people and making some of these guys uncomfortable wouldnt necessarily be a bad thing. I mean the Jets got the living crap kicked out of them yesterday.

Only in jet poster world do people care if Leonard Williams’ feelings get hurt

3 hours ago, Icer said:

He gets a decent amount out of weak talent on offense, but his biggest problem seems to be the way he alienates people. Not sure if hes the right fit but this team does need discipline

It's probably because you have to deal with players in all sports in a very soft way.  He seems like an intense guy, an these millennial players aren't used to being yelled at our coddled.  As a Mets fan, Callaway said in his introduction that these players will be loved....huh, thats all well and good, but we need some toughness.  We need to get back to that tough, in your face attitude, and a little less of the safe space locker room environment that seems to be the new norm. 

3 minutes ago, BigO said:

Fins were 7-9 this year and they fired their HC. If we got to 7-9, there’d be a parade down Wall St and Macc and Bowles would get extensions to their already extended contracts. And they’d be on every late night show in NY.  ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Gase sucks he didn’t win a super bowl with Ryan Tannehill only made the playoffs with him

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yeah you’re right about the coach being someone no other NFL team would hire at that level.  Options are severely limited for the Jets as long as you have this current set up where Maccagnan is employed.  Do you actually think they we, who post on this message board, are the only people who are are incredulous and totally bewildered by the fact that Maccagnan still has a job that is so incredibly above what any slight skill level he possesses?

No, we are not the only people.  His abysmal record in drafting, in FA, is known.

So if you’re a hot coaching prospect do you risk uprooting your family, and even if you do a very good job there is a good chance you’ll be bounced because the idiot who hired you is finally getting replaced next year?

Yeah unfortunately the next HC will probably be another mumbling dunce, not as bad as the last one, that’s virtally impossible, but not much better.

They won’t be 1-15 next year.  That’ll never happen with Sammy.  He virtually beat a smoking hot Houston team and Aaron Rodgers in consecutive weeks all by himself...1 against 22.

Shame his first contract will most likely be wasted being forced to play for this terrible organization.

Don’t the Johnsons realize that if they pay top dollar for a real GM, a real HC and nurture Darnold they’ll be a Super Bowl threat for a long time? It’s just good business sense.  They’ll make the money invested a thousand fold.

But unfortunately the team appreciates in value no matter what, just like the NY Knicks, they still split billions of dollars in tv money win or lose, so winning does not matter.  And that is the only reason Mike Maccagnan could have this job.

Hell be happy the so called “coach’s” defense cratered for the 1,001 time and Darnold wasn’t able to beat Houston and Green Bay.  Good chance Bowles would have been back with Maccagnan hahaha.

The Knicks and Jets will never even make a playoff again until their owners die or sell

33 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wait, people here seriously want the Jets to hire Adam Gase??? Wow. 

We are usually in agreement on most things... so I am going to tread real light.   Gase is not a perfect candidate.   The Jets aren't going to get one because of organizational flaws.   Ownership.  New York market.   Possible lame duck GM.  And on and on it goes...

The Dolphin fans' biggest complaint about Gase is that he is arrogant.  That he "alienated" players.  It isn't about clock management, or being too conservative, or his system is outdated, etc...

Adam Gase has fielded a competitive team in Miami with very middling talent, and anywhere from sub-par to mediocre QB play.  He has shown the ability to manufacture a win or two per season with special teams and gadget plays.  He is creative.  I like that.  He knows the division.  He is not afraid of Belichick.

Lots of positives, my man.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

We are usually in agreement on most things... so I am going to tread real light.   Gase is not a perfect candidate.   The Jets aren't going to get one because of organizational flaws.   Ownership.  New York market.   Possible lame duck GM.  And on and on it goes...

The Dolphin fans' biggest complaint about Gase is that he is arrogant.  That he "alienated" players.  It isn't about clock management, or being too conservative, or his system is outdated, etc...

Adam Gase has fielded a competitive team in Miami with very middling talent, and anywhere from sub-par to mediocre QB play.  He has shown the ability to manufacture a win or two per season with special teams and gadget plays.  He is creative.  I like that.  He knows the division.  He is not afraid of Belichick.

We need meanness and we need arrogance on top of someone who is actually an offensive coach who can make a playoff with sh-t at the qb position which Gase did

Todd Monken OMFG

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

gase vs kacy...

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Don’t forget dealing with Tanny and his need for splash free agent signings that drastically over pay . Shou as an example.

4 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Don’t forget dealing with Tanny and his need for splash free agent signings that drastically over pay . Shou as an example.

The more I think about it... the more I like the idea of Gase being the next head coach of the New York Jets. 

Funny, the thought didn't even occur to me until 3 days ago.

I still prefer John Harbaugh... but that ain't happenin'.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The team always talked highly of him, they were totally behind him. 

http://dailysnark.com/report-dolphins-players-said-they-wanted-to-be-traded-if-coach-adam-gase-wasnt-fired/

So what do I hear? I heard a surprising number of veterans, including SURPRISING ones like Frank Gore, Kenny Stills, and especially Cameron Wake, all rose up and disavowed Gase privately. Wake and Stills directly to Steve Ross. Kenyan Drake wanted a trade if Gase remained.

— Chris Kouffman (@ckparrot) December 31, 2018

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

http://dailysnark.com/report-dolphins-players-said-they-wanted-to-be-traded-if-coach-adam-gase-wasnt-fired/

So what do I hear? I heard a surprising number of veterans, including SURPRISING ones like Frank Gore, Kenny Stills, and especially Cameron Wake, all rose up and disavowed Gase privately. Wake and Stills directly to Steve Ross. Kenyan Drake wanted a trade if Gase remained.

— Chris Kouffman (@ckparrot) December 31, 2018

Some of those players have now come out denying those reports.  Stills pretty strongly called it nonsense

If the stuff about players is true that's concerning. On the other hand if that's what got him fired maybe he learns from it. Sometimes guys need to get knocked down a peg and learn from mistakes and they'll come back better for it. Definitely some coaches who have it click the second go around.

Checks a lot of boxes otherwise though. Young, good offensive mind, team outperformed talent, already has been a HC. It's an interesting one.

Archived