NFL Weekend Playoff Game Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Refs screwed that up badly.

Been happening all weekend.  Its just that none of the games have been close enough that any of the bad calls have been controversial.  At least replay fixed that one, but anyone watching live could have seen there was no possession.

18 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i was shaking my head... punt on 4th n inches down 14-0 at home with 1q already gone? 

2nd quarter, I probably would have punted.  Major respect to Payton and our old friend Mike Westhoff for having the cojones to go for it there.  May have completely changed this game.

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

all these examples... Bowles wouldnt have gone for a single one...  god bless him on his new path and thayt he is not our HC. it was sickening

Didn’t Bowles go for a fake punt in one of the last games? (Once it didn’t matter) 

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

all these catches by jefferies are giving me ptsd. we could of had him but we took hill. living in charleston at the time i watched a lot of gamecock games and he was clearly the real deal. wish he didnt get out of shape before the draft

we were on teh same page, for me, specifically... Sam threw alot of very similar passes this year and a very low % were caught.

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You have one of the most experienced QB's in football,  you don't take  a shot there with 11seconds left?  I don't know about that.

That's bordering on Hail Mary territory and they have no timeouts. FG was the right call.

21 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

all these catches by jefferies are giving me ptsd. we could of had him but we took hill. living in charleston at the time i watched a lot of gamecock games and he was clearly the real deal. wish he didnt get out of shape before the draft

Absolutely....  same with Russel Wilson.  The kid can flat out play.  but these GMs draft based on criteria that I can’t figure out.   You pass on Wilson with Geno as  QB?  Pass on Mahommes with Fitzpatrick?   Hill???  A developmental player at best. 

Archived