I am in a good mood about 2019 GamePlans and Ingame adjustments

SouthernJet

I think our coaching staff will put us in some favorable gamescript situations by aggression and innovation. . Last few years, Bowles style shifted ebb of game that turned gamescript to opponent.

I cant wait to see 1st Jet who screws up ON FIELD, walk off field at 10 yd line cause he is afraid Gase or Gregg Williams will rip him a new one on National TV (what Simms and LT said about Parcells, knowing coaches cant go beyond 30 yd line), LOL)

I think stupidity (aka Dumb ThugTurd-like penalties) will be coached, run, benched or fined out in practice.

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I think our coaching staff will put us in some favorable gamescript situations by aggression and innovation. . Last few years, Bowles style shifted ebb of game that turned gamescript to opponent.

I cant wait to see 1st Jet who screws up ON FIELD, walk off field at 10 yd line cause he is afraid Gase or Gregg Williams will rip him a new one on National TV (what Simms and LT said about Parcells, knowing coaches cant go beyond 30 yd line), LOL)

I think stupidity (aka Dumb ThugTurd-like penalties) will be coached, run, benched or fined out in practice.

Gameplan! Adjustments! Aggression! Innovation! WORD SALAD IS TOTALLY A GOOD REASON TO THINK THE JETS WILL SUDDENLY BE GOOD AT FOOTBALL YOU GUYS

5 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I cant wait to see 1st Jet who screws up ON FIELD, walk off field at 10 yd line cause he is afraid Gase or Gregg Williams will rip him a new one on National TV (what Simms and LT said about Parcells, knowing coaches cant go beyond 30 yd line), LOL)

oh hell yah

6 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Gameplan! Adjustments! Aggression! Innovation! WORD SALAD IS TOTALLY A GOOD REASON TO THINK THE JETS WILL SUDDENLY BE GOOD AT FOOTBALL YOU GUYS

maybe yes maybe know.  talk is cheap.  but i am pretty certain the current players are going to sit up and pay attention for at least the first half of the season.  if they are winning then they'll start to believe and continue to do so.  in any case these coaches are a better combos than bowles/rogers.

50 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Was tryna get in ytouch with a bud last night... my feeling is that...   I think we are not AUTOMATICALLY at a coaching disadvantge anymore. That these guys are actually decent/solid.

7 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Blaming penalties on coaches is the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Certain penalties, such as pre-snap are definitely indicative of coaching. Coaching should reinforce discipline and attention to detail. 

Also, if there are consequences for flags such as unsportsmanlike conduct, I believe they can be controlled. 

A mantra of "don't be the guy that is responsible for your team losing" tend to stick.

9 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Blaming penalties on coaches is the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Yes I blame Bowles for penalties. No consequences! Period. It’s like little Jonny who keeps taking his sisters candy. Mom can tell him don’t do it but when he keeps doing it because there are no consequences except Mom telling him don’t do it - he won’t stop. Moms basically enabling him. Bowles enabled his players.  

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Certain penalties, such as pre-snap are definitely indicative of coaching. Coaching should reinforce discipline and attention to detail. 

Also, if there are consequences for flags such as unsportsmanlike conduct, I believe they can be controlled. 

A mantra of "don't be the guy that is responsible for your team losing" tend to stick.

So when Brandon Shell false starts it’s not because he ****ed up. It’s because it was not sufficiently reinforced that he is not supposed to do that. I’m sorry but I think it’s not unreasonable to assume that players are adults.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Agreed. Bowles' mantra of "everyone be the guy that's responsible for the team losing" wasn't a smart approach.

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Yes I blame Bowles for penalties. No consequences! Period. It’s like little Jonny who keeps taking his sisters candy. Mom can tell him don’t do it but when he keeps doing it because there are no consequences except Mom telling him don’t do it - he won’t stop. Moms basically enabling him. Bowles enabled his players.  

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

So when Brandon Shell false starts it’s not because he ****ed up. It’s because it was not sufficiently reinforced that he is not supposed to do that. I’m sorry but I think it’s not unreasonable to assume that players are adults.

And apparently I am alone on this.

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I managed people. Adults. When you enforce what to do, and what not to do, better habits set in.

Certainly there are mistakes players make, but players that are coached well, should make less mistakes. It is not coincidental the same teams are often lead the league in fewest penalties.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I managed people. Adults. When you enforce what to do, and what not to do, better habits set in.

Certainly there are mistakes players make, but players that are coached well, should make less mistakes. It is not coincidental the same teams are often lead the league in fewest penalties.

So when the Jets were among the least penalized teams in the NFL in 2015 and 2016 it was also coaching?

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

So when the Jets were among the least penalized teams in the NFL in 2015 and 2016 it was also coaching?

the players makes the mistake it is on them.  The players keep making the mistake it is on him.  He is the "Actions Have Consequences" Man.

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Interestingly, the Jets has 2 more penalties than the Browns all year.  So, I guess the speech did matter!

They should also put an IQ value next to the penalty.  Hets wouuld  crape the bottom of the barrel on that score

I didn’t think the coaching staff put us in a good position to win last season especially on defense. Bates did open it up more for Darnold later in the season and it worked. Look, maybe earlier in the season Sam wasn’t ready for a fuller playbook and the team did suffer injuries to its two top running backs. So in 2019 we know Gase can go pretty full throttle with Darnold. One big signing and decision they will have to make is on a backup QB. It’s pretty easy to get injuries at that position, Sam missed 3 games and if the team is going to be a playoff contender they will need a backup who can play. Gase knows a lot about QB injuries. Yeah, I’m enthused about this coaching staff. We’ve got the 3 top guys with more to come aboard.

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Bowles may have made some in-game adjustments along the way but I never saw any evidence of it.

I’ll never forget during the 2015 season, as we getting ready for the Buffalo game, and a presumed playoff birth...Jet Nation was feeling really good about themselves.

Mike Weathoff was on SNY. They asked him his thoughts on Todd Bowles, COY canidate, etc. And I hear, “I’m not impressed at all. I never see halftime adjustments in any phase of the game. That will hurt any team.”

I remember thinking “wow what a hater. Making up nonsense. Bowles is about to take a team to the playoffs that went 4-12 last year.”

Mike Westhoff: Legend

Me: Typing this 

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Exactly. Some people (many) will always run along path of least resistance/bare minimum. You can’t just fire everyone, have to change habits.

5 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Oh man you’d be such a pushover as a boss lol

7 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

you seem to be upset that there are people enjoying the change and upbeat atitude.  I'm sorry for you.

Now back to regular programing.

12 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yes, to certain degrees. And coaching and attention to detail is a constant thing. It is not done once and expected to just always be there. And good leaders (coaches) sometimes lapse and and regress at times. 

And yes, certain players have the ability to be disciplined better than others, of course.

18 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Pre snap penalties more than any others are on the players.  

19 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

2019....Week 1....play 1.....Play-action fake handoff to Leveon Bell, Darnold hits Robby Anderson on a post for a 75 yard TD.  When told of this later in the day in Tampa, Todd Bowles responded, “They threw it on 1st down?”

Archived