How does the NFL deal with that no call?

Prestige Worldwide

34 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Every ref on the crew needs to be fired or fined. It was so obvious, the damage control will be interesting. 

what? cna't decide a game on a PI call like that. Ppl bitch about reffing and then bitch about non reffing.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Payton screwed up they should have ran the ball at least twice to end that last drive in regulation 

Correct.  Payton has no one to blame but himself.

McVay handed them the game by showing no balls on the 4th and inches and then payton handed it right back by not running it 3 straight times and kicking a fg.

I don't understand why the refs didn't huddle up after seeing the replay on the scoreboard and just make the call. It happens all the time. They don't have to admit they used the replay. Just say one of them had a better view of the play. 

What a travesty! If this happened to the Jets, I don't know how I would get through the off season.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  Payton has no one to blame but himself.

McVay handed them the game by showing no balls on the 4th and inches and then payton handed it right back by not running it 3 straight times and kicking a fg.

If the saints run the ball 3x that last regulation drive they are up 3 with about a minute left and no timeouts for the rams

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

There is no factual explanation so they will more than likely issue a formal apology 

Knowing the NFL there will be a rule change 

Honestly, they should just be able to challenge anything that happened during a play. They only get 2 challenges per game anyway. If it was a penalty and it's indisputable evidence why can't they challenge it??

The idea is to get it right.

56 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Every ref on the crew needs to be fired or fined. It was so obvious, the damage control will be interesting. 

If these games aren't fixed they ought to be!

That was the WORST Non Call I have ever seen in a championship game and literally cost the Saints a chance at a SB!

Just now, Prestige Worldwide said:

I agree with you on a ticky tack call. But the rams defender blasted the receiver at least 5 yards before the ball got there. 

Except that in real time it was a bang bang play, and it happened where the DB had the right to be. The ball was underthrown, and while it should’ve been called in a perfect world because he didn’t turn his head around and he made contact but, the receiver had to come back into the area where the DB had a right to be which is why they didn’t call it. Not great, but I don’t want to decide at a tire NFC championship game on that play which is what it would have done 

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Except that in real time it was a bang bang play, and it happened where the DB had the right to be. The ball was underthrown, and while it should’ve been called in a perfect world because he didn’t turn his head around and he made contact but, the receiver had to come back into the area where the DB had a right to be which is why they didn’t call it. Not great, but I don’t want to decide at a tire NFC championship game on that play which is what it would have done 

We can agree to disagree... that was not a bang bang play, IMO. 

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Honestly, they should just be able to challenge anything that happened during a play. They only get 2 challenges per game anyway. If it was a penalty and it's indisputable evidence why can't they challenge it??

I think it's the old judgment call thing where the NFL doesn't want replay to see if a penalty should have been called 

Payton said after the game they said that the ball and the defender got there at the same time lol

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I think it's the old judgment call thing where the NFL doesn't want replay to see if a penalty should have been called 

Payton said after the game they said that the ball and the defender got there at the same time lol

It's dumb though. If they can make a judgement call in real time they can do it from replay.

41 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Can they challenge in the last 2 minutes?

I think EVERY play should be reviewable for ANY call by the guy in the booth during the last 2 minutes 

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I may be wrong on this one.  Saints board is saying the league already called Payton and admitted they blew not one but two calls.  PI and helmet-to-helmet on that play.  I'm sure that makes them all feel so much better.

Just on this, I was surprised that that Rams LB Littleton went under the radar for two helmet-to-helmet hits in the first three quarters (I left for work towards the end of the third quarter). He had a helmet-to-helmet hit on the Saints TE that forced him out with concussion, and then he hit (I think) Kamara in his helmet. Not once was it mentioned on the coverage and obviously there was no flag on either play. Might have been incidental, but they were definitely there.

22 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Yes i know. God, i'm not saying it was a good no call or that it wasn't a PI... LIVE when it happened, it didn't look as gratuitous as the replay showed -- but more importantly the DB had right to be where he was, the receiver would needed to fight through the defender, AND calling that would have decided the game. Brees need to throw that higher and on the back shoulder

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Yes i know. God, i'm not saying it was a good no call or that it wasn't a PI... LIVE when it happened, it didn't look as gratuitous as the replay showed -- but more importantly the DB had right to be where he was, the receiver would needed to fight through the defender, AND calling that would have decided the game. Brees need to throw that higher and on the back shoulder

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It’s simple to fix. The coach should be able to challenge any play no matter what’s the outcome is to see if there is something blatantly wrong with a call or non called and the referee upstairs should be able to stop the game and have the head guy review any play to make sure the same thing. It’s not rocket science. 

You can’t review penalties. If that were the case there would be a review every play. It’s just part of the game.... and it’s sucks.

25 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

You can’t review penalties. If that were the case there would be a review every play. It’s just part of the game.... and it’s sucks.

There’s zero reason why a TV official can’t stop the game to review an obvious mistake especially one that changes the game. They already review every score. 

Archived