How does the NFL deal with that no call?

Prestige Worldwide

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way for the NFL to correct it is show them that their product is not worth watching anymore and their viewership #s plummet to the point that sponsors won't pony up as much $$$ to advertise.

But good luck convincing people to not watch Pro football in the US of Eh!

2 minutes ago, Jets86 said:

That was inexcusable. And I have a feeling these refs are fired tomorrow.

No chance.  NFL won't embarrass themselves or the Rams that way.  They will quietly issue a release mid-week saying the call was improper and they will look at how to make the game EVEN better for fans next year.  No apology.  No firings.

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

The only way for the NFL to correct it is show them that their product is not worth watching anymore and their viewership #s plummet to the point that sponsors won't pony up as much $$$ to advertise.

Ratings are up to 10% for nfl while nba is down 26%

It’s simple to fix. The coach should be able to challenge any play no matter what’s the outcome is to see if there is something blatantly wrong with a call or non call and the referee upstairs should be able to stop the game and have the head guy review any play to make sure the same thing. It’s not rocket science. 

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

No chance.  NFL won't embarrass themselves or the Rams that way.  They will quietly issue a release mid-week saying the call was improper and they will look at how to make the game EVEN better for fans next year.  No apology.  No firings.

I may be wrong on this one.  Saints board is saying the league already called Payton and admitted they blew not one but two calls.  PI and helmet-to-helmet on that play.  I'm sure that makes them all feel so much better.

Just now, nycdan said:

I may be wrong on this one.  Saints board is saying the league already called Payton and admitted they blew not one but two calls.  PI and helmet-to-helmet on that play.  I'm sure that makes them all feel so much better.

I'm with you. Good grief ! Especially in a game of this magnitude.

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Are you Canadian ?   lol

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Oh they'll be either suspended or fired. An absolute joke call. That was so blatant man.

They called for the saints most of the game. No penalties for them first half. They allowed them to exceed the 30 second clock several times.

This was a makeup non call. A flag there ends the game. The refs would have won the game for the saints with that flag, even though it was a clear penalty

I also thought in OT the Saint TE pushed off but another make up call went the saints way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived