New York Jets' Jamal Adams is the perfect new face of Big Apple football

Gas2No99

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Saquon Barkley is one billion times more impactful to an NFL outcome and is infinitely more articulate and intelligent than our straight-up meathead showboat strong safety so I’m gonna say this article is as valuable as the toilet paper i just used to clean the vomit off the toilet seat at this bar I’m at. 

Surely you mean box ? safety

5 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I like Jamal Adams a lot.  As a player. As an example of how to play the game and treat the fan base.  He's definitely a leader on this team.  But as the "Face of the Franchise"?  I'll take Sam Darnold, thank you very much.

I used to like your posts- alot. Until now!  ?

5 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Barkley is a great player there is no denying that but he is not ours. Jamal is, why let his showboating bother you the kid is trying to have fun while playing his heart out for us. I get that you were not happy with the pick but that is in the past and this is our guy why not just make an attempt to enjoy it?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Learn to cover a TE, and I buy the play his heart out shtick.

Just 2 chime in... I can see where the kid is coming from but I think he's now constantly over doing the clown show. I just think Hey kid..your team sucks and you haven't won anything yet!? What's with all celebrating and look at me I'm a superstar? I prefer he get down to business and be a good football player and accomplish something.  I'd like to hear his jokes and see the lighter side of his personality and his opinion on things after he's actually done something in the league. It's a little too much Neon Deion, Meshawn Johnson, OBJ ect.  I just think it kind of makes you look stupid when you keep jumping up and down saying look at me look at me and you're on a miserable losing team.

32 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Learn to cover a TE, and I buy the play his heart out shtick.

I’d settle for him learning to dance. He’d get laughed at and mocked if he tried that lame nonsense on Soul Train. 

33 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just 2 chime in... I can see where the kid is coming from but I think he's now constantly over doing the clown show. I just think Hey kid..your team sucks and you haven't won anything yet!? What's with all celebrating and look at me I'm a superstar? I prefer he get down to business and be a good football player and accomplish something.  I'd like to hear his jokes and see the lighter side of his personality and his opinion on things after he's actually done something in the league. It's a little too much Neon Deion, Meshawn Johnson, OBJ ect.  I just think it kind of makes you look stupid when you keep jumping up and down saying look at me look at me and you're on a miserable losing team.

But he’s had 2 int’s In two years! ?

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is all going to end so badly. And looking back at threads like this 5 years from now is going to be both hilarious and terrible all at the same time.

5 years? More like 5 games. What are you from Jersey?

3 hours ago, LES said:

I’d settle for him learning to dance. He’d get laughed at and mocked if he tried that lame nonsense on Soul Train. 

Soul train?!?!  Showing ur age old man . These kids in his generation dance exactly like Jamal do .  Ur takes remind me of Big0 are you his replacement in Jamal Adams hater cult? 

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

He is being himself he doesn’t have to act like what you think he should act like. Especially when being himself has got him this far in life . 

I can't wait to here the criticism of how Jamal handled the Lombardi trophy after we win a Super Bowl in the next 4 years. 

Tom Shane; "did you see the ridiculous dance he did while running around with the trophy in his hands".

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I can't wait to here the criticism of how Jamal handled the Lombardi trophy after we win a Super Bowl in the next 4 years. 

Tom Shane; "did you see the ridiculous dance he did while running around with the trophy in his hands".

Jets fans will call for him to be traded long before that because near the end of his rookie deal "the greedy hog" will be looking to be paid as a top 5 safety.

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets fans will call for him to be traded long before that because near the end of his rookie deal "the greedy hog" will be looking to be paid as a top 5 safety.

So he's a bit clownish. The guy plays with passion & inspires his teammates to play with passion too. He's part of a transition for this team to guys that give a sh*t and like representing the Jets & wearing the Green & White. 

Teams need a mix of quiet & bold, almost every successful team has players with those traits. Gronks a goof ball & everybody loves his shtick. Edelman is like that gnat bugging you, I can't stand that little sh*t with his we're classy stance & then he's staring down defenders & doing his exaggerated 1st down point. 

Jamal is use to winning & wants to win again. As long as he lines up on Sunday & plays at 100% he's alright by me. 

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is all going to end so badly. And looking back at threads like this 5 years from now is going to be both hilarious and terrible all at the same time.

I think he will hold out for way more money than his ability to impact a game dictates. He leaves the Jets and half the board criticized the move to not pay him. We pick up a safety in the fourth round that has 4 interceptions and a pick 6 his rookie year. TOmshane  leaves the board for another six month hiatus while his middle finger locks into the upward position preventing him to type for a bit. Me thinks so

12 hours ago, genot said:

He's far more than a strong safety Tom. As good as Barkley is, he only managed to elevate the giants to a 5 win season. A running back who is the focal point of the offense. A million times more impactful than Adams. Please

Honestly, what are you trying to accomplish. I haven't  been here long but I know internet personalities well enough to know this guy is never going to say anything nice about any Jet player and if and when we win a SB, he will be the first one to complain about Jamal Adams not getting an interception in the game, or Sam Darnold missing an open WR. 

15 hours ago, genot said:

Your a moron. Or a troll. Or a combination of both. One of the reasons why i rarely post here. Let's call ourselves Jet fans and trash our best players. Makes alot of sense. doesn't it

Here's the thing.  If you're going to call someone a moron, you really should use the right form of you're.  Its not your

Right because when Revis wanted to be the top paid CB in the league, that was so well-received around here.

Doesn’t matter. if your a top player at your position then you want to be paid like that. Do you know any top players in the league not on a rookie contract that tell their agent “give me less money so we can sign others”. This is not the NBA.

Also it’s a double standard. Our players are villains when they want more yet we want to pounce and pay other players who are in the same situation with their teams.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Doesn’t matter if your a top player at your position then you want to be paid like that. Do you know any top players in the league not on a rookie contract that tell their agent “give me less money so we can sign others”. This is not the NBA.

Also it’s a double standard. Our players are villains when they want more yet we want to ounce and pay other players who are in the same situation with their teams.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agree!

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

Right because when Revis wanted to be the top paid CB in the league, that was so well-received around here.

Doesn't matter if it's well received, every player should get every dime they can.  They can't worry about whiny fans complaining about stuff they don't understand.

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Here's the thing.  If you're going to call someone a moron, you really should use the right form of you're.  Its not your

I didn't mean moron in the literal sense, anyway. I"m just frustrated about people making ridiculous statements about players because of their personal distaste of them.

Archived