Would the Jets need to give up a 2019 pick for OBJ or AB?

CTJetsFan

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

I could see some possible swaps with a player thrown in.

CIN has some good young offensive players (Boyd and Mixon).  Is there a swap (3 for 11) that includes one of them plus some additional draft capital that could make sense?  That's a big drop and those aren't big enough names alone but they could be part of a package.

JAX needs to lower it's cap badly.  Does a 7 + Jalen Ramsey for our 3 seem like a starting point?

Just some thoughts.  I think these trades are rare and hard to work out, thus very unlikely, but if you are speculating about ideas, I'd start with those two teams.  DEN would have been a good one too but...Flacco? 

Yes, it does.

Agree...the Flacco deal cost us a potential trading partner.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

You are (and I say this with love) nuts.  If you trade for Beckham, you're getting him in the prime of his career at a relative discount (72.25M/5 years, or 14M per year - otherwise known as "less than Sammy Watkins money".  And you're getting him with essentially 1 guaranteed year left on his deal (from 2020 forward, he has 2.75M left in guarantees).

Yeah, he's crazy off the field, and demanding on it.  But he's an elite game-breaker who would make our WR corps dominant by sliding everybody down a spot.  Darnold's not so fragile that he couldn't handle a diva WR.  If you could get Beckham for moving from 3 to 6, you do that in a heartbeat

well said ... Also I don't think people give Darnold enough credit when it comes to dealing with Situations that may arise from a "diva" WR. Darnold seems to not let things bother him at all and that is what eventually will make him a great QB 

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I tend to agree, but if you pass on Brown and OBJ for being high-priced headcases, you probably have to pass on Leveon Bell after he just bailed on his team for an entire year and is going to demand a ton of money. 

Separate topic, but I dont think Bell quit on his team at all. In fact, I think he did more for current and future players than Kaep could ever dream of, despite any narratives to the contrary. 

14 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Separate topic, but I dont think Bell quit on his team at all. In fact, I think he did more for current and future players than Kaep could ever dream of, despite any narratives to the contrary. 

You went from what he did/didn't do for his team to what he did for future players. Completely separate topics. If I am Steeler fan/player I don't give a crap what he did for future players. The Steelers had a chance for a SB run and he hurt their chances by sitting out the year. 

If we had Bell and were in Super Bowl contention heading into a year and he bailed on us despite the Jets using their franchise tag on him, you, me and every other Steeler fan would be furious. And by all accounts his teammates aren't big fans. 

What happens if we give him a 3 year deal and after 2 years he wants a new contract? Will he sit out again. I am  not anti-bell, but these are real questions for anyone thinking about going after him. 

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You went from what he did/didn't do for his team to what he did for future players. Completely separate topics. If I am Steeler fan/player I don't give a crap what he did for future players. The Steelers had a chance for a SB run and he hurt their chances by sitting out the year. 

If we had Bell and were in Super Bowl contention heading into a year and he bailed on us despite the Jets using their franchise tag on him, you, me and every other Steeler fan would be furious. And by all accounts his teammates aren't big fans. 

What happens if we give him a 3 year deal and after 2 years he wants a new contract? Will he sit out again. I am  not anti-bell, but these are real questions for anyone thinking about going after him. 

The issue was the Franchise Tag and there's nothing cool, ok, fair, or free market about it. They should have paid him. They didn't. He made a choice. They missed the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

The issue was the Franchise Tag and there's nothing cool, ok, fair, or free market about it. They should have paid him. They didn't. He made a choice. They missed the playoffs. 

His Union signed the deal, it's on him for not following the rules that allowed him to get paid a ridiculous another of money.  I could care less s about an allowed move vs what he wanted

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

You realize there are a ton of teams that won SB's with Diva WR's 

teams win SB's...teams with guys like Dez, AB, and OBJ don't. They are ME first players, they make other players make plays that are best for them, and not plays that are conducive to winning.

to answer your question, are arent a ton of teams that have won SB's with Diva, me first WR's.

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

Yes, it does.

Agree...the Flacco deal cost us a potential trading partner.

The odds of the Jets finding a trade partner is about 30% at best in my opinion. With a week QB class and Flacco being moved, Foles and even Tannehill as options for others why trade up?

Btw anyone who wants AB is insane. All the stories about him coming and going to practice whenever he wants. Leaving practice because he is asked to re-run a route, etc... no better way to make a crappy team crappier then bringing in dudes with bad habits to spread around.

40 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

teams win SB's...teams with guys like Dez, AB, and OBJ don't. They are ME first players, they make other players make plays that are best for them, and not plays that are conducive to winning.

to answer your question, are arent a ton of teams that have won SB's with Diva, me first WR's.

Didn’t Keyshawn Johnson win one with the Tampa ?

3 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

Didn’t Keyshawn Johnson win one with the Tampa ?

so first of all i think it was about 17 years ago which should tell you something.

secondly, and i really mean it and not just saying to support the argument....Keyshawn was an afterthought on that team, in no way was he a focal point of that team in any measurable way. maybe my memory sucks...

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

name the last team to win a SB with a diva WR...

55 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I've said this everytime someone proposes that we trade for it sign one. 

47 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

No team has won a Super bowl with a QB named “Sam.” Ergo, quarterbacks named Sam are not very good. Q.E.D.

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

Sorry, stopped reading when you mentioned two divas that i don't want anywhere near Sam right now.

This is his team, and those two self-involved pricks will make the entire show about them.

hell no

I hate to use 'the' term but i do not think obj is a bad team mate nor a really bad character he is strange and 'misunderstood'.  Brown is a full on diva.

I would easily trade for OBJ if the price was right.

We will be happily talking about our next high character 'chad hansen' trying to catch passes for us next year.

16 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

so first of all i think it was about 17 years ago which should tell you something.

secondly, and i really mean it and not just saying to support the argument....Keyshawn was an afterthought on that team, in no way was he a focal point of that team in any measurable way. maybe my memory sucks...

he wasnt a top guy on that team, it was their d, but i think he had like 6 or 7 catches in the super bowl. my memory sucks tho to,o so i could be wrong. i wouldnt trade for either of them. they are extremely talented but i just wish for once we could draft a #1 wr.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I hate to use 'the' term but i do not think obj is a bad team mate nor a really bad character he is strange and 'misunderstood'.  Brown is a full on diva.

I would easily trade for OBJ if the price was right.

We will be happily talking about our next high character 'chad hansen' trying to catch passes for us next year.

Lol we wouldn’t have to talk about the Chad Hansen’s, if this goddamn regime would grow a set and pull the trigger on the top five wide receiver in the draft. 

Odell is 100% a diva. But… You’re right, he might not be that TO variety that AB looks to be morphing into... HOWEVER I still don’t think that’s what Sam needs right now. To be asked 700 times a day about Odell, and every game to be cross examined in his relationship with Odell. And how the game was for him and Odell etc. Are they on the same page blah blah blah. 

You know that’s exactly how it will go too. 

No thanks. 

1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

The odds of the Jets finding a trade partner is about 30% at best in my opinion. With a week QB class and Flacco being moved, Foles and even Tannehill as options for others why trade up?

Flacco and tannehil? No team is investing their future for those guys. They're going to be signed as backups. Foles is a guy that a team like the giants/Broncos/jaguars might sign but could still draft a QB to study under him for a year or 2

Darnold having to throw to Odell/Brown when they arent open to get them their targets would be a disaster. 

Defenses end up doubling these guys, QB ends up throwing to the guy who's open, Brown/Beckham melt down because they want the ball when they arent open. It's why the Patriots shy away from guys who demand the ball. Brady isnt throwing to anyone who's double covered.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

No team has won a Super bowl with a QB named “Sam.” Ergo, quarterbacks named Sam are not very good. Q.E.D.

So you equate a self centered diva with someone's first name?

This made any sense on an level?  How does a first name change things, to you? 

Before they won, how many Brett's, Aaron's, Peyton's etc, etc won a SB?

Lol, this is actually ridiculously funny

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So yomany equate a self centered diva with someone's first name?

whooooosh

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So you equate a self centered diva with someone's first name?

He's debunking the post asking "When was the last time a team won the Supper Bowl with a diva WR."

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He's debunking the post asking "When was the last time a team won the Supper Bowl with a diva WR."

I know what he thought he was doing.  But a players first name has nothing in common with being a diva not winning.  It's actually pretty strange and an useless anology.  As I said, Brett, Peyton, on and on we can go.

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

Sorry, stopped reading when you mentioned two divas that i don't want anywhere near Sam right now.

This is his team, and those two self-involved pricks will make the entire show about them.

hell no

This guy gets it.

Ya’ll ever notice that these lunatic diva WRs never actually win anything? 

42 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Darnold having to throw to Odell/Brown when they arent open to get them their targets would be a disaster. 

Defenses end up doubling these guys, QB ends up throwing to the guy who's open, Brown/Beckham melt down because they want the ball when they arent open. It's why the Patriots shy away from guys who demand the ball. Brady isnt throwing to anyone who's double covered.

come now these guys both produce even when double teamed and they make a lot of plays that make their QBs look a lot better than they perhaps are.

I can understand the concerns but if we draft a Wr high guess what will happen if he is good for a few years?  Diva city.

Also I am not so afraid that our QB is going to be mentally fragile and not be able to handle guys with some attitude.

You simply never get a shot at super talented players unless they have issues. 

If the price is right...

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I know what he thought he was doing.  But a players first name has nothing in common with being a diva not winning.  It's actually pretty strange and an useless anology.  As I said, Brett, Peyton, on and on we can go.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The problem is that he didn’t actually debunk anything

I should've read all of the prior page of this thread before I attempted to "explain" anything.  LOL. 

Mea Culpa, guys.

Archived