Jonah Williams wingspan measurement and what it means

Patriot Killa

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

But I’m not....we can go this all night you want..back and forth.

I'm just kidding around, friend. Its not worth going back and forth about, but if you want to... Lets just say there was an LT who gave his QB 1 or 2 seconds extra every play. That guy would be the greatest pick ever. Maybe the greatest player ever. Would he ever be a FA? Imagine the money he'd make?

So yeah, you kinda sorta are exaggerating. 

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm just kidding around, friend. Its not worth going back and forth about, but if you want to... Lets just say there was an LT who gave his QB 1 or 2 seconds extra every play. That guy would be the greatest pick ever. Maybe the greatest player ever. Would he ever be a FA? Imagine the money he'd make?

So yeah, you kinda sorta are exaggerating. 

I was only playing.

But I’m very sure Sam Darnold will be a Top 3 QB within a few years, again...no exaggeration...and that would be with 1/2 a second longer to throw.

I said Mahomes would totally torch the league this year a la Dan Marino, in basically his rookie year.  That was posted on this site BEFORE the 2018 season kicked off and I caught lots of flak from other posters, maybe just a lucky guess but I see attributes in Darnold that make me think he will be practically as special as Mahomes.

His “spacial recognition”?  Off the Charts. Most QB’s in the league 10 years don’t have what he has.

15 hours ago, nico002 said:

Mayfield is not "so much better" than Darnold. 

He is right now....doesn’t mean it will stay that way.

NFL QB history is filled with rookie wonders that end up fizzling out.  Who knows which QB(s) will be the true franchise guy.

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You mean, like, that one time? LOL

Quick, what was Clellin Ferrells stat line from the National Champiinship Game?

2 Solo tackles, 2 assists, 0 sacks....

"Owned his ass"...

Moron

One time is enough. Remember Jadeveon Clowney against Michigan. Same thing. One major play sticks in the head

16 hours ago, David Harris said:

His arms are a 1/4" shorter than ideal as is his height, his weight is a bit low too and he put up one bad rep playing Clelin Ferrell that one time that lazy and unobservant people keep pointing to like it means something. 

Hmmm? 

*Fixed for accuracy purposes.

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Fine now that’s it’s accurate - I suppose your point is that you want to take him at 3 overall, right? Otherwise you’re just nitpicking.

I.wouldn't sh*t my pants and cry about it for 6 months if they did, and also wouldn't be surprised to see him go at 15. But saying he can't be a tackle because his arms are .33 inches too short, or because of ONE PLAY against another high firat rounder is just...dumb. Thats all. 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:08 AM, Creepy Lurker said:

We need Oline and to support Sam. Trade down is ideal but if not, no more defense. Just help the goddam kid who is our only hope.

We’ve neglected offense drafting for 8 years before Sam and have literally NOTHING to show for it on defense besides Jamal Adams. That is a pathetic use of premium picks between Tannenbaum, Idzik and Mac.

I say we solidify the O-line at all costs and see if coaching will help this defense that had a ton invested in it already. 

Well if you address pass rusher and CB (Callahan) during FA, I would say almost all of our draft picks shoudl be on O, with multiple OL, WR, and RB if we don't get one in FA.

6 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well if you address pass rusher and CB (Callahan) during FA, I would say almost all of our draft picks shoudl be on O, with multiple OL, WR, and RB if we don't get one in FA.

That’s why all this speculation is pointless. It all depends on FA and value trades of late round picks for players. I would even trade some late round 2020 draft capital after the draft for final pieces.

You can get some pretty good value for players that have upside still and their current team has no desire to resign. They would rather get something rather than nothing which is why it may only cost a 4th or 5th round pick to snag proven starters.

One step at a time but offense needs to be priority for Sam regardless of when it happens. He has the potential and Gase seems to be really smart so the coaching should be there. Just need the players. 

On 3/2/2019 at 5:56 AM, Patriot Killa said:

Same arm length as future HOFer Joe Thomas btw.

That's fine.  But just because it's the same doesn't mean he can be as good (or nearly as good) as Joe Thomas.  It's like saying just because a QB is 5'10" he should get to two Super Bowls just like Russell Wilson did.

38 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's fine.  But just because it's the same doesn't mean he can be as good (or nearly as good) as Joe Thomas.  It's like saying just because a QB is 5'10" he should get to two Super Bowls just like Russell Wilson did.

Not saying it means that he’ll be as good but that’s not like the Russell Wilson/Murray comparison. Our very own current starting LT has shorter arms and many other as well. Russell Wilson is the only other to succeed at 5’10. Very different.

42 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Not saying it means that he’ll be as good but that’s not like the Russell Wilson/Murray comparison. Our very own current starting LT has shorter arms and many other as well. Russell Wilson is the only other to succeed at 5’10. Very different.

Fair point, but I also think it's not only his arm length that has some people thinking he'd be better inside than outside at LT.  Arm length is a small factor that's low on the list of things to be looked at....but it needs to be looked at and it's a slight negative on him.  I like the guy, I just don't like him in the Top 5-10.

33 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Fair point, but I also think it's not only his arm length that has some people thinking he'd be better inside than outside at LT.  Arm length is a small factor that's low on the list of things to be looked at....but it needs to be looked at and it's a slight negative on him.  I like the guy, I just don't like him in the Top 5-10.

I get what you mean. Honestly love a lot of players at 3. I really just want to hit on some of these mid round picks too.those nearly mean more to me that the #3 pick.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I get what you mean. Honestly love a lot of players at 3. I really just want to hit on some of these mid round picks too.those nearly mean more to me that the #3 pick.

We need to get two full-time starters out of rounds 3, 4, 5.  I'd sign up right now for a starting OG and WR and one bust out of those 3 rounds.

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We need to get two full-time starters out of rounds 3, 4, 5.  I'd sign up right now for a starting OG and WR and one bust out of those 3 rounds.

If we secure a top center in free agency, we may go Center again in round 4 or 5 but I expect the first OL we pick to be a guard for Winters eventual departure. I’m sure we’ll let him walk at the end of his contract if we can draft someone worth a damn. Tackle should be on that list too depending on if they like someone enough. Macc will undoubtedly go BPA in round 1, he’ll hope for an offensive piece’s stock to rise and provoke him at #3 but if the gap between that and defensive player is too far apart, he’ll go defense again.

40 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

If we secure a top center in free agency, we may go Center again in round 4 or 5 but I expect the first OL we pick to be a guard for Winters eventual departure. I’m sure we’ll let him walk at the end of his contract if we can draft someone worth a damn. Tackle should be on that list too depending on if they like someone enough. Macc will undoubtedly go BPA in round 1, he’ll hope for an offensive piece’s stock to rise and provoke him at #3 but if the gap between that and defensive player is too far apart, he’ll go defense again.

It's either Defense or Trade Down from #3.  I don't see any offensive player worth a top 5 pick in this Draft....and that's largely because the defensive talent is just so good at the top.

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Maybe Isabella falls to us in rd 3 I doubt it tho

If we can't trade down you take Bosa or J Allen,.   Elite pass rushers. No offensive player is worth top 5 pick in this draft.   2 things that the Jets  have not had for years a Qb and pass rusher.    Elite passer rusher is much harder to find then a tackle.  If Jonathan Ogden or joe Thomas were sitting their that's a different story but their not.  

Archived