They should fire Gase and Williams next

If keeping Mac this long was a mistake and it was wrong to clean house inba half ass fashion they did by just getting rid of Bowles, Gase should be the next head to roll. If Mac was such a disaster, why keep the HC he picked. Do it right and start with a clean slate. None of this crap we had with Rex where the New GM has to accept his HC was chosen by somebody else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 9
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If keeping Mac this long was a mistake and it was wrong to clean house inba half ass fashion they did by just getting rid of Bowles, Gase should be the next head to roll. If Mac was such a disaster, why keep the HC he picked. Do it right and start with a clean slate. None of this crap we had with Rex where the New GM has to accept his HC was chosen by somebody else. 

Why fire Williams as your title suggests ?

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Williams will be gone shortly.  He probably would have been gone by now but Johnson is holding him back.  We can only hope that Emperor Gase has a dream about himself gets upset with himself and then fires himself the next day.

Wiiliams is not getting fired.

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

Correct . Gase wanted this, let's see how he does with it.

Gase is off to an interesting start, I'll grant him that lol.

The premise of this thread is as unhinged as @slats is mocking it to be. Teams have fired GMs after the draft before. Nobody has fired the GM and HC and the whole coaching staff. It transparently comes across, as "I didn't get my way so no one else should either." 

Kudos on your comparatively healthier outlook ;).  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Gase is off to an interesting start, I'll grant him that lol.

The premise of this thread is as unhinged as @slats is mocking it to be. Teams have fired GMs after the draft before. Nobody has fired the GM and HC and the whole coaching staff. It transparently comes across, as "I didn't get my way so no one else should either." 

Kudos on your comparatively healthier outlook ;).  

I think you should have added "New" before "HC and the whole coaching staff".....before ever coaching a game.

I can't even begin to fathom what it would be like if that happened.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Williams will be gone shortly.  He probably would have been gone by now but Johnson is holding him back.  We can only hope that Emperor Gase has a dream about himself gets upset with himself and then fires himself the next day.

They are already paying Bowles for not being here. They are now paying Macc for not being here. 

I am sure that their RPE (Revenue per Employee) quotient has been exceeded and they cannot add any new salary until others clear. It is a basic premise they seem to be working under

• Haha 1

See, I buy the explanation I am hearing that Chris thought that Macc was slow to move, and generally indecisive.  I heard Cowherd comment yesterday that Macc, even after 4 years as a GM, has not made a whole lot of contacts around the league.  He has no personality to speak of.  I also get Chris's indecision about giving him a little more time. Dont agree with it but I get it, knowing how the Johnsons are. I believe he favored Bowles in this relationship and hung most of the failure on him. Of course, that does not mean Macc was a good GM.  He should have fired him as well in January.  The fact that he is Chris Johnson and did not does not surprise me.  Chris is also indecisive. There is also a report that something happened with Macc and Heimerdinger that led to both of them being fired.  But I have not read any more detail on that.  And people on the radio who are screaming and yelling that the Jets did not bare all to the media--that they were not totally "truthful"---- when there were reports of dissension need to take their thumbs out of their mouths and stick them in their asses  That ain't how things work with NFL teams.  Truth does not enter into it here and it never does anywhere

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, slats said:

The should fire everyone, cut all the players, disband the organization, and reform in Jefferson City as a roller derby team with really pretty green helmets. 

I can see it now opening day as they roll out in lime colored uni’s and they play the anthem

I can't see them doing that.. they couldn't... I mean.. the backlash from the media and.. well who knows but I don't see that.  Sounds like the new GM is already filling out the paperwork to join very soon so Gase's GM run might be coming to and end soon.

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

5681D1FB-C256-4B81-A859-DC8CB28EAB6E.jpeg.1941f484198c9d5f48df69bf6235af9e.jpeg

11 hours ago, Snell41 said:

So Gase seems to be the only guy in the building demanding standards and decisiveness and you want him fired hahaha. This is gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gase is just a better version of Mangini

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

He really might be!  God willing!

Mangini didn’t get along with Woody and likely no one else.  The players hated him.  But he was a pompous ass and not a good coach. I think Gase can coach