Boomer and Gio on Manish's Negativity and the Gase Press Conference

Since this whole Macc firing last week Boomer's been the only one (that I have seen anyway) who has consistently taken the "wait and see" approach and backed the Jets/Gase.  you can tell who is the athlete and who is the media (cough Manish cough).  

watching this though, one thing springs to mind:  damn that helmet looks sexy!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I know this has been some kind of mantra with you, but it's truly stupid. You're essentially condemning an entire profession. Very Trumpian, and also very childish. Tell me, what profession do you consider lacking in corrupt or untruthful people? This should be interesting.

Elementary school nurses

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 2

You obviously didn't attend my elementary school. And besides, you can't pick professions that don't do anything all day. But your effort was certainly worthy. 

Awww man. I didn’t get the rule book fir this game. lol

Truth is there really aren’t many school nurses left. It’s a volunteer mom position now due the current state of the educational system in our country. That’s a different story though.

Can I change my answer to the lunch lady?

• Haha 1

stud D line? smh

Q has a chance to be a stud.

We have an underachieving #6 pick and a hard workin somewhat overachiever in Andrson.

the rest is JAGs or worse....

Are you really shaking your head? Smh.

So we have a very solid Anderson coupled with a disappointing yet very solid Leo. Add the #3 overall pick and potential of Jachai Polite (lb edge) and its stout in there.

Would it have stopped your spindle like skull if I would have said potentially? Wound that have made it better?

I’ll add that I happen to like Sheppard a lot more than many here do but they are wrong. That will be seen this year. People just love to throw wood onto the ‘ol fire.

McClendon is about as good of depth as you want too. You’re a grumpkin man.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be negative on the Jets yet.  

Let's see how everything turns out.  I can see Gase getting at least three years unless he completely implodes and embarrasses himself and the team.

The flaws in the roster will be blamed on Mac.  He and new GM will get 3 years to fix it, unless they just completely stink the place up.

But for now, we should give them a chance.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Let's see how everything turns out.  I can see Gase getting at least three years unless he completely implodes and embarrasses himself and the team.

The flaws in the roster will be blamed on Mac.  He and new GM will get 3 years to fix it, unless they just completely stink the place up.

On the field yes,  but it is certainly possible not to like the guy or how he's operating thus far. I know because I personally don't like it. lol 

Like I said a little bit above this post, I am starting to shed some of my personally feelings to support going full steam ahead with Gase as the conductor. Screw it. We've tried so many things and failed so many ways. Why not put our faith in a Football dictator and see if he can end up like a Belichick or Reid or whoever. 

That said, I would love to have a real VP of football and Legit forward thinking tactician for the GM position as well, but they have to be on board with Gase. That's actually what I would love for Peyton Manning to be. Not the GM, but a VP of football.  Get him in here to over see the whole operation and be the Liaison to CJ or Woody. Then Get Joe Douglas and make it Team Gase. 

2 hours ago, varjet said:

How level headed

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

It's nice to see someone of Boomer's stature calling Manish out for what he is.  Good insight on Gase as well. Like him or not, it cannot be argued that Gase is the unquestioned leader of the NY Jets right now. 

Boomer is by far the best on wfan. He knows a lot more about football than that blowhard fat mike. And he is a jet guy, unlike mike who is almost as Anti jet as he is Anti Mets 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Boomer is by far the best on wfan. He knows a lot more about football than that blowhard fat mike. And he is a jet guy, unlike mike who is almost as Anti jet as he is Anti Mets 

And Gio is way better than that scam artist hack Carton

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I know this has been some kind of mantra with you, but it's truly stupid. You're essentially condemning an entire profession. Very Trumpian, and also very childish. Tell me, what profession do you consider lacking in corrupt or untruthful people? This should be interesting.

Hmmmmm. Any profession that has "if it bleeds it leads" as it's rallying cry or "headlines sell newspapers" as another can hardly be considered  worthy of merit. In fact how many times have members of that profession reported on the screen and in print something that ruined someone's life and turned out to be wrong? Too many to count.

Now especially with the rush to beat out the competition in getting it out there first there is very little worry about the facts. Now it seems it's report it first and worry about truth later or we'll tell you what the truth is regardless if it is or not. Very dangerous to give that responsibility to people with so little scruples.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jack48 said:

Everything is corrupt, but you prefer to believe reporters.  Okay. I got it.

Healthy skepticism is appropriate. There are many well intentioned and honest journalists out there, as there are professional standards of practice.  Do they sometimes get the story wrong -- is there room for alternate views? Of course. But that's qualitatively different than condemning all journalists as liars and cheats. I think the major problem with today's journalism is that reporting has been taken over by opinion writers who pretend to be journalists. And why you have reached the conclusion that nothing can be trusted

17 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Awww man. I didn’t get the rule book fir this game. lol

Truth is there really aren’t many school nurses left. It’s a volunteer mom position now due the current state of the educational system in our country. That’s a different story though.

Can I change my answer to the lunch lady?

This is funny and I dont want to add to the side track but I work in the educational system and this couldn't be further from the truth.

19 hours ago, jack48 said:

I dont identify with the media, but it seems like a lot of fans (and citizens) do.  Personally I find it appalling.  These are not good people.  They want headlines not truths.

Does Manish have an alibi for February 15, 1898?

4 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Healthy skepticism is appropriate. There are many well intentioned and honest journalists out there, as there are professional standards of practice.  Do they sometimes get the story wrong -- is there room for alternate views? Of course. But that's qualitatively different than condemning all journalists as liars and cheats. I think the major problem with today's journalism is that reporting has been taken over by opinion writers who pretend to be journalists. And why you have reached the conclusion that nothing can be trusted

The problem with overall journalism today is its completely driven by political party lines. The problem with sports journalism is its inundated with click bait trolls who's sole objective is to be first to a story regardless if its factual or not. Sure there may be a few quality journalists out there who don't fall in line with the above - but in today's world they are usually short lived in that business.