Josh McCown Retires

4 hours ago, slats said:

I don't watch the games, but I read the box scores and only take w-l records into account when I'm crapping on someone who, by all accounts, was a fine Jet teammate. 

Tannehill and Cousins and their numbers. 

Heaven forbid a Jets Fan wants to have a QB who can win games, throw for yards, complete passes, and score at least twice as many TD's and he throws INT's.  

That's just crazy talk!  We definitely should love journeymen temps who cant do any of that silly production stuff, but who melt our cold NY hearts with their aw shucks' good nature'd ways!

Dude deserves some accolades from Jet fans, not derision. 

"Dude" got $16 million to play in 17 games, and win 5 of them.  9-23 record in his time here.  And he deserves "accolades" for that?  

He's not my friend, so his wonderful personal characteristics don't do much for me.  He was my team's QB for a very brief stretch, that's it. 

All I wanted from him, and any Jets Player, is production and wins and at some point a title in my lifetime.

Just business. 

Just now, Losmeister said:

world class athlete my ass.

the guy who finished 40th every year for 15 yrs?

Do you understand what "world class" means?

If you are ever, at anytime, in the history of your life, a starting QB in the NFL, even a sh*tty one, you are a world class athlete.

There are only 40-50 of these guys every year and a large portion are the same guys.

That's in the world.

Nathan Peterman is a world class athlete.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If you need to explain this to someone, its on them and its also safe to assume theyll never get it

Thank you.  

People are odd in that they will knock people who are doing good no matter what.  They can have no Joy for others only a kind of myopic bitterness.  

It is a little embarrassing.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you.  

People are odd in that they will knock people who are doing good no matter what.  They can have no Joy for others only a kind of myopic bitterness.  

It is a little embarrassing.  

Or trash the guy because he wasn't a super bowl winning QB or even a winning QB.  

Not many are.  

It's pathetic.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Some miserable dudes here.

It's not like we're holding this guy up as an outstanding QB, an all time great QB, even a good QB.

The guy didn't get punched in the f*cking face for embarrassing his teammate and skimping out on $600.

Geezuz.  

What ARE we doing exactly?

A journeyman QB who was here for only two of his many, many years, and led an era of Jets football that finished 9-23 over that time has retired.

By all accounts he was a very nice human being, and played Daddy for Darnold.

He got $16 million dollars for it.

I wish him and his family well as a human being, and I am sure he'll make millions more as a Coach or broadcaster or the like,  but what else do people think he is owed by Jets Fans?  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Heaven forbid a Jets Fan wants to have a QB who can win games, throw for yards, complete passes, and score at least twice as many TD's and he throws INT's.  

The guys you're defending lose more games than they win, while you're crediting @13 losses to a QB who didn't get off the bench those @13 games. But yeah, carry on. Stay classy! I know that's important to you. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Some miserable dudes here.

It's not like we're holding this guy up as an outstanding QB, an all time great QB, even a good QB.

The guy didn't get punched in the f*cking face for embarrassing his teammate and skimping out on $600.

Geezuz.  

True but every damn QB that has played for this organization or walked through through door isn't a feel good story we seem to embrace all the bad QB's like they did something special for us besides lose. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

A journeyman QB who was here for only two of his many, many years, and led an era of Jets football that finished 9-23 over that time has retired.

I wish him and his family well as a human being, and I am sure he'll make millions more as a Coach or broadcaster or the like,  but what else do people think he is owed by Jets Fans?  

Jet fans don’t “owe” him anything. What are we paying him? Deeding him? Giving him? 

Nobody has said we owe him a damn thing.

What he isn’t “owed” is being sh*t upon.

What the hell is wrong with you? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It's flat out bizarre.

No one is comparing me to a professional athlete.

He's a pro. Congrats. World CLass means you are among the BEST of the BEST.

Go buy yourself a particpation trophy, ffs.

You can make a shrine for medocirity or worse. Not my cuppa.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

True but every damn QB that has played for this organization or walked through through door isn't a feel good story we seem to embrace all the bad QB's like they did something special for us besides lose. 

We disagree a whole helluva lot, Lord knows. I am truly befuddled at how people wanna prop this guy up

simon cowell no GIF by Got Talent Global

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

It's flat out bizarre.

No one is comparing me to a professional athlete.

He's a pro. Congrats. World CLass means you are among the BEST of the BEST.

Go buy yourself a particpation trophy, ffs.

You can make a shrine for medocirity or worse. Not my cuppa.

Again, you don’t know what world class means. 

The guy that comes in last in the Olympics 100 meter dash is a world class athlete. 

Being an NFL starting QB qualifies you for world class. 

Not the best of the best. 

But world class. 

It isn’t whiffle ball. 

47 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

We disagree a whole helluva lot, Lord knows. I am truly befuddled at how people wanna prop this guy up

simon cowell no GIF by Got Talent Global

Point out who is “propping him up”?

He was a stand up guy that didn’t embarrass the franchise. 

That’s it. 

No need to sh*t on him. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slats said:

The guys you're defending lose more games than they win, while you're crediting @13 losses to a QB who didn't get off the bench those @13 games. But yeah, carry on. Stay classy! I know that's important to you. 

Just like stalking me in a constant effort to tell me what I should think is important to you.  

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Jet fans don’t “owe” him anything. What are we paying him? Deeding him? Giving him? 

Nobody has said we owe him a damn thing.

What he isn’t “owed” is being sh*t upon.

What the hell is wrong with you? 

Is describing his career accurately now "sh*tting on" him? 

In this era of crazies decrying facts as "fake news" it's so hard to tell....

In any event, you seem to be taking all this personally Ms. McCown, sorry about that.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Is describing his career accurately now "sh*tting on" him? 

In this era of crazies decrying facts as "fake news" it's so hard to tell....

In any event, you seem to be taking all this personally Ms. McCown, sorry about that.  

Wow, that is so cutting. It really hurts me, you, a miserable stranger on the internet calling me Ms. 

Well done. 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

What you and the others are not getting is that there is a difference between a man and an athlete. 

And that money has nothing to do with it.  Its actually pretty simple.

17 hours ago, Losmeister said:

i just dont get why you all love this absolute dosser...   mind boggling.

He’s a good cat but a very average QB. Nothing to write home about. Fitz outshines him easily. This mentor stuff is ridiculous. Macc overpaid for Fitz and turned around and did the same thing with McCown which inevitably cost us the chance to get the #1 pick (and cost us having to move up by trading 3 # twos. Can’t make this sheet up. Thx for nothing Macc.  

On 6/17/2019 at 3:04 PM, joewilly12 said:

Rich Cimini

I've been covering the #Jets for a long, long time, and I'd put Josh McCown on my all-class team. A good guy who always understood the role of the media, who always made time for reporters, who handled the Sam Darnold situation with total professionalism. #Jets

Handled the Sam Darnold situation?  He was paid 10M to be a backup....  how else was he supposed to act

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

You don't bring in Josh McCown to win football games.  You bring in Josh McCown when you suck at the QB position and you want to stabilize the position so you don't destroy the rest of your team.  Josh McCown met or even exceeded what should and could have reasonably expected of him. 

So the Jets' fan base is now reduced to looking back fondly at players who couldn't be expected to actually win, just lose in a routine, unremarkable  manner?  Is there no hope for us?

• Upvote 1