Anderson Smokes Kamara - 40 yards of gold

7 hours ago, flgreen said:

Sprints in camp are glorified jogs.  Hammy strains are very common after timed 40's and can nag on all season.  One of the reasons players seldom run them ever again after the combine, and Pro day's.  In a contract year a hammy can cost a player BIG  money

Robby has always been an idiot.

• Thumb Down 1

Can't believe this many guys who participated don't have clauses in their deals saying this is banned. Maybe they do and they're ok risking it, I don't know.

Yankees ended up getting Arod because Aaron Boone wanted to play some pick up B-ball. Can't help but also think of Jay Williams who violated his deal when he rode the motorcycle that he also crashed. Guy was the #2 overall pick and played ONE SEASON in the NBA. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket or say these guys need to live in plastic bubbles, but come on, this sh*t is dumb for every player involved. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

The source speculated that Anderson possibly heard Jets coach Adam Gase in the back of Anderson’s head, vowing to kill Anderson if he got injured during the event.

This is so great. The team sorely needs this type of hard ass running things after years of Rex trying to be everyone's friend and Bowles being a pushover.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rsherman28 said:

He also did this at his annually children's event in his local community.

Seem's like a guy who comes from a troubled up coming trying to make something of him self. 

Yes, he has idiot moves. 

• Getting kicked out of Temple for academic eligibility issues 
  • His arrest and his dumb comments 
  • Run a 40 yard dash for one of his mentors growing up in Chad Ochocinco 

But returning to Temple for his final year after completing a year at a community college in FL and being undrafted and a walk-on for the Jets shows incredible hard work and determination.

Nice video. I’m starting to like Robby, the person.

Always like the player. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Everybody wants to take a shot at this kid. To me? Seems like he's doing his best to improve who he is. Personally I'm rooting for him. 

Yeah his best by the cop incident, not running a whole wr tree, cmon this kid is a punk. He rich and bought his mom a car, this is not unique nor makes him some sort of good person. He is was he is. Punk from FL

• Thumb Down 8

37 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yeah his best by the cop incident, not running a whole wr tree, cmon this kid is a punk. He rich and bought his mom a car, this is not unique nor makes him some sort of good person. He is was he is. Punk from FL

The cop incident was obviously a mistake. I’ve made them, if you haven’t then color me impressed. He seems to be trying to improve himself, I give points for that. If you don’t, that’s cool. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Everybody wants to take a shot at this kid. To me? Seems like he's doing his best to improve who he is. Personally I'm rooting for him. 

As usual, only idiot jet fans do this.  He has issues.  Big deal, who doesnt.  Robby Anderson is our best offensive weapon and joe douglas will lock him up long term.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The cop incident was obviously a mistake. I’ve made them, if you haven’t then color me impressed. He seems to be trying to improve himself, I give points for that. If you don’t, that’s cool. 

Exactly, we’ve all messed up. Like that time I nutted in a cop’s wife’s mouth when I was aiming for her eye like any other young gentleman. Then we grow up and learn from our mistakes. I’m rooting for him, too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

As usual, only idiot jet fans do this.  He has issues.  Big deal, who doesnt.  Robby Anderson is our best offensive weapon and joe douglas will lock him up long term.

He might be our fastest weapon, but definitely not the best.

On 7/1/2019 at 5:03 PM, The Crusher said:

You are acting like he cussed in front of some kids at a friend's house and going to try to do better.

No I have never did anything close to what he did with that traffic stop, are you really making the case that you have done something similar or that people in general have done similar? Get out of here lol.

I'm all for him doing better but let's be honest about it.

• Thumb Down 1

On 7/1/2019 at 5:33 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Idiot jet fans really? Cmon how bout hsee the kid for what he is. BTW he is not best off weapon...Darnold bell are ahead of him and we haven't had 1 snap yet. Enuwa could be better too. Herdon etc..too early but I don't think being honest about him is idiot jet fans I think it's jet fans who realize we need better and/or that his behavior isn't just a normal thing, 

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You are acting like he cussed in front of some kids at a friend's house and going to try to do better.

No I have never did anything close to what he did with that traffic stop, are you really making the case that you have done something similar or that people in general have done similar? Get out of here lol.

You must be a pillar of self control and surrounded by similar types. I’m very happy for you. 

Not going to get into my personal struggles but if mouthing off to a cop is the worse thing he does and uses that as his low point to go up from there? He’s in good shape. 

Not saying he won’t slip, I’m just saying I hope he doesn’t and will respect his efforts to be better Not going to bash him for what he did, rather appreciate his efforts to be better. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/1/2019 at 7:23 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

List all the reasons hes a punk, all the violations youve imagined hes been a part of as a Jet.

One incident with a cop who has a worse rep that Anderson and who seems to be the one at fault in their incident?  

Then....?

Oh, the manly way to go.  Cant come up with an answer that makes sense to anyone so......BUTTFUMBLE.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The cop is a known racist and its his second incident with that cop... That cop has been cited many times for his in ability to control himself. Your bias is showing, are you a cop?

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You must be a pillar of self control and surrounded by similar types. I’m very happy for you. 

Not going to get into my personal struggles but if mouthing off to a cop is the worse thing he does and uses that as his low point to go up from there? He’s in good shape. 

Not saying he won’t slip, I’m just saying I hope he doesn’t and will respect his efforts to be better Not going to bash him for what he did, rather appreciate his efforts to be better. 

I wish. I was...

You don't need to go into your personal struggles, but I stand my opinion that what he did is not the norm for decent people. And that some rich punk buying him a car is some sort of miraculous sign that all of a sudden he is a shiny new bold light of goodness.

Your position is you hope he doesn't do it again. great me too, but also that we should get rid of people like him on the team. I don't have some make believe idea about him being so good on the field that we need him. It would be one thing if he was the star player of the team and not just mr dropsies when we need him to win games. Its about winning games, and at the end of the day I rather have a player with the same or better talent with out being a POS on the team.

But you know what, your right why hold anyone accountable, lets extend him and his marginal talent. To hell with have good people on the team, I'm sure it will work out. 

And keep in mind this is not some personal mocking of your position. Its just me pointing out that as a team, and as fans we should ask for better.

Its kind of a theme of thought for me personally. As fans we should ask for better in general. No need to keep scrub guys on the team that have hit ceiling as back up, lets sign a back up that has a chance at upside, lets get players that are not one incident away from suspension or anything else that can put the team in a bad light.

Honestly you and @Jet Nut position seems ridiculous to me. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

List all the reasons hes a punk, all the violations youve imagined hes been a part of as a Jet.

One incident with a cop who has a worse rep that Anderson and who seems to be the one at fault in their incident?  

Then....?

what does this even mean, did you read my comments, its pretty clear. 

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The cop is a known racist and its his second incident with that cop... That cop has been cited many times for his in ability to control himself. Your bias is showing, are you a cop?

um I'm not a cop but yeah my bias is pretty clear, not with the Marginally talented NFL WR who was going over 100 in a 45 and told the cop he was going to **** his wife and nut in her eye. I'm going to be against every time and by the way I am also going to be all for getting that guy off the team as soon as possible - especially when said marginally talented NFL player is replaceable. I am also for getting rid of RB that are anti cop, othe rplayers that can't stay our of trouble off the field.

Jsut saying.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I wish. I was...

You don't need to go into your personal struggles, but I stand my opinion that what he did is not the norm for decent people. And that some rich punk buying him a car is some sort of miraculous sign that all of a sudden he is a shiny new bold light of goodness.

Your position is you hope he doesn't do it again. great me too, but also that we should get rid of people like him on the team. I don't have some make believe idea about him being so good on the field that we need him. It would be one thing if he was the star player of the team and not just mr dropsies when we need him to win games. Its about winning games, and at the end of the day I rather have a player with the same or better talent with out being a POS on the team.

But you know what, your right why hold anyone accountable, lets extend him and his marginal talent. To hell with have good people on the team, I'm sure it will work out. 

And keep in mind this is not some personal mocking of your position. Its just me pointing out that as a team, and as fans we should ask for better.

Its kind of a theme of thought for me personally. As fans we should ask for better in general. No need to keep scrub guys on the team that have hit ceiling as back up, lets sign a back up that has a chance at upside, lets get players that are not one incident away from suspension or anything else that can put the team in a bad light.

My position is I hope none of the jet players do anything dumb and get in trouble. I think Robbie has upside in both his playing and him as a person.  I agree him buying his mom a car doesn't prove he's a better person but it proves to me he appreciates what she has done. He even admits it wasn't always good. I'm a sucker for a good reclamation project. As Jet fans we may deserve better but I have no idea what that looks like, so for now I'm ok hoping what we have improves with the changes they made. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2019 at 7:23 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I am confused.  He is a punk because he can't run the whole route tree?  We shouldn't sign him because he is from Florida? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I wish. I was...

He got heated at a cop that has been known to cause trouble. This is a regular occurrence for this cop... look up his history, its remarkable he still has a job. In the end, it was his word against RA's word and the case got dismissed.  The fact that you hold this against him shows that you don't believe that there is two sides to every story.

Did the cop antagonize Robby? Did Robby just have a bad day?

The fact that you don't see past this is sad. He has not caused any further trouble other then trying to figure out what the hell he is saying on social media. And then to top it, you dog him because he bought his mother a car? Seriously, what is wrong with you, how many times have you bought your mother something of value like that for her.  

Give credit where credit is due. He didn't have to do sh*t for his mother... its his cash. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

um I'm not a cop but yeah my bias is pretty clear, not with the Marginally talented NFL WR who was going over 100 in a 45 and told the cop he was going to **** his wife and nut in her eye. I'm going to be against every time and by the way I am also going to be all for getting that guy off the team as soon as possible - especially when said marginally talented NFL player is replaceable. I am also for getting rid of RB that are anti cop, othe rplayers that can't stay our of trouble off the field.

Jsut saying.

How do you know he even said it... That is the point... It's the cops word versus his....You or I have no idea what really happened. And you hold this against him, off the cops word, one that has been cited several times causing trouble... Seriously WTF... And yelling at a cop is barely an offense.. So should speeders be kicked off the team? How about parking violations? Shooting fireworks off? is any violation in your mind the same?