C.J. Mosley says NFL will regret 'sleeping' on Jets

Watching some of the practices and having some of these new players around with the new coaching staff kind of reminds me of the first 2 years with bringing Rex in. A new coaching staff who instills confidence in there players. One of Rex's first move was bringing his QB of his defense with in in Bart Scott. We have a way better version in Mosley. 

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/02/cj-mosley-nfl-sleeping-on-jets/ 

“Now that we’ve got a new little mix-up, got some new people around and some new faces, we’re all eager and we’re all ready,” Mosley toldthe team’s website recently. “We know the whole NFL is sleeping on the Jets, so we’re ready to prove them wrong.

“I think we’re eager,” Mosley said. “Definitely young, and we know that. But as a group and collectively, we already know the people that have been here, the coaches that have been here and all they’ve heard since they’ve been here is we’ll lose.”

Mosley will play a major role in driving that ideology this season. A five-year veteran of the Baltimore Ravens — one of the more well-run organizations in football — Mosley should bring his leadership experience on and off the field to a young defensive core featuring Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, Leonard Williams and 2019 first-round pick Quinnen Williams.

Having come from a team like the Ravens, Mosley should also inspire confidence for the Jets. If he truly believes the Jets will be better than expected, there likely is a reason for that. There remains a lot of unknowns as the team marches toward training camp, but Mosley’s confident any questions surrounding the ability of this Jets team will be answered quickly.

• Upvote 2

Just now, faba said:

Talk is cheap show me on the field

I think that is what made me have a second look on what he says. Rarely do you hear Mosley talking sh*t or talking cheap. I think it shows you how that locker room and the guys in that locker room feel. 

I think every player feels this way, but for Mosley to come out and show it other than Adams just makes it feel a little different

I dunno. 

I can also just be bored at work most of these days lol.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Other teams never sleep on the Jets.They beat the Jets consistently,. The problem is the Jets sleeping on the league.

Yes, teams that pick in the top 3 consistently typically sleep on other teams because they're that good. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, faba said:

Talk is cheap show me on the field

1. Judy Sheindlin. “Judge Judy” star, 76, $147 million.
  2. Ellen DeGeneres. “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” host, 60, $87.5 million.
  3. Dr. Phil McGraw. “Dr. ... $79 million
  4. Ryan Seacrest. “Live With Kelly and Ryan” and “American Idol” host, 43, $74 million.
  5. Steve Harvey. “Family Feud,” “Steve,” “Miss Universe” and “Little Big Shots” host, 61, $44 million.
  • Haha 3

I get and on some level appreciate the sentiment. But at the same time, this stuff is inevitably going to be met with eye rolls and "LOL Jets" stuff. Again, love the attitude, but I'd much rather they just do the talking on the field. They sleeping on us? Great. Just bring it and wake them up to it. 

11 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I get and on some level appreciate the sentiment. But at the same time, this stuff is inevitably going to be met with eye rolls and "LOL Jets" stuff. Again, love the attitude, but I'd much rather they just do the talking on the field. They sleeping on us? Great. Just bring it and wake them up to it. 

I agree, 

I am also sure the question was most likely a set up question knowing our media. Maybe something like this...

"So CJ, Do you think that people all around the league are sleeping on the Jets? "

"Cj, talk around the league is the Jets are going to be the laughing stock of the NFL, what do you say to those comments?"

"After how this team has played over the last couple of years, is it safe to say same old Jets?"

Probably all in that order before he said what he said. Either way I am all for talk, just has to be from players who make the pro bowl every year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Mac put together a very talented squad for the 2019 season. 

He also produced 3 years of one of the worst teams in the league.  The Jets hired two coaches that had greater input to make sure Mac didn't screw this up.

2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I've never seen a more appropriate name for a poster. You are indeed the Hackenberg of JN. Clumsy, overconfident, and incredibly inaccurate almost all the time. But then you're a Giants fan, so what more could we expect.

Lol ok. Incredibly  inaccurate?  Where? How?  Calling yourself patriot killa, while the team never beats Pats, is about as inaccurate as it gets. (That's called a joke, nothing that needs to be taken personal )

No, I'm not a Giants fan. I'm an nfl fan.

Pointing out statistics of how one team succeeds is just simply expressing data.

overconfidence?. Im just an adult who isn't  pc/apologetic about his knowledge of a entertainment  business. Patriot killa? That's an  overconfident name. Especially  when it never happens. (Oh  look, it's another joke)

You have a 20 character  name..that's  impressive .

Have a nice day  :)

• Thumb Down 2

31 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol ok. Incredibly  inaccurate?  Where? How?  Calling yourself patriot killa, while the team never beats Pats, is about as inaccurate as it gets. (That's called a joke, nothing that needs to be taken personal )

Pointing out statistics of how one team succeeds is just simply expressing data.

overconfidence?. Im just an adult who isn't  pc/apologetic about his knowledge of a entertainment  business. Patriot killa? That's an  overconfident name. Especially  when it never happens. (Oh  look, it's another joke)

Hackenberg is an accurate name for you? 

Not a fan of any team because all your teams left you ignorant Californians? Is that right? 

59 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

You really just went into a in-depth rant about someone’s username on the interwebz.

yep. okay. Keep adult-ing, NFL fan.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Mac put together a very talented squad for the 2019 season. 

100% true.  Got us a qb for the future, got us a hall of fame rb etc.  Mac did a phenominal job of putting together this yesrs roster.

There was zero input from johnson or gase which is why he was canned.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I feel like we get this article every offseason and it’s just a different dude saying the same thing. 

We didn't see this the last 2 years but we have in the past for sure. If Sam Darnold is what we think he is this team is going to kick ass in a big way IMO .

What this team has been missing more than anything is the QB so now that we have one why shouldn't this fan base be excited ? I mean everyone on this forum has been preaching "Its all about the QB" for years and now that we finally have one and a possible elite one at that, we still see a lot of  negativity. 

Maybe it's time this entire fan base, along with the team, shows some damn optimism like coming out and supporting the team the they do in Seattle and in KC lets break some decibel levels at Metlife for once. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

100% true.  Got us a qb for the future, got us a hall of fame rb etc.  Mac did a phenominal job of putting together this yesrs roster.

There was zero input from johnson or gase which is why he was canned.

No there was input ... Im going to say that its very possible Chris Johnson fired Mac when he did by design knowing there would be no competition for a new GM which made our chances much better at landing the guy we wanted rather than battle it out between 4 or 5 other teams next January

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You really just went into a in-depth rant about someone’s username on the interwebz.

yep. okay. Keep adult-ing, NFL fan.

You might also want want to consider a new forum logo without stars  in it. It's  bad juju because there's a star in the Pats logo. 

• Thumb Down 2

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im sure kyler murray beieves teams are sleeping on the cardinals.

Is their any team out there who wasnt good last year that doesnt think the league is sleeping on them?

Theres a reason why some teams are being slept on.  The Cardinals will suck, teams should sleep on them.  

THERE are teams that can be slept on because they suck.  The Jets arent one of them is what hes saying.  I agree, theyre not going to be an easy out

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Theres a reason why some teams are being slept on.  The Cardinals will suck, teams should sleep on them.  

THERE are teams that can be slept on because they suck.  The Jets arent one of them is what hes saying.  I agree, theyre not going to be an easy out

The same was said of the bears last year and the rams the year before.

Cards could revolution offense for all you know.