Crowder MRI - Foot Injury - Cleared! will practice Wed.

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I wonder what people said when 5th round pick Antonio Brown had only 16 catches as a rookie?

Its almost as if players can improve.....

For every Brown, there are dozens of Stephen Hill's.

It's almost as if most players are not that great, and only a rare few are.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

Except this was somewhat predictable with Crowder -- and it was LOADED slot receiver FA class. 

There was better ways to go skinning this cat, over paying the easiest position to draft/sign. 

Somewhat predictable?  You act like he has some long history of injury that has repeatedly kept him out of games.  That's just a false narrative.

He's been in the league for 4 years in those seasons he's played in:

2015 - 16 games

2016 - 16 games

2017 - 15 games

2018 - 9 games

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Burnett is a never was

That doent seem very fair.  Looks like the kid can play by every measure I've seen.  Quick, separates and catches the ball.  Clearly Sam trusts him.

I can say this; if the 76 targets that went to Jermaine Kearse last season went to Burnett, he would have a lot more than 37 catches (Jermaine Kearse his rookie season caught 3 passes, Burnett caught 10).

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I hate that nothing's been reported on Crowders injury, that's not good, usually you want to quiet the speculation quickly in this media market. Unless he just shows up Wednesday but doesn't practice.

It seems historically, that no news usually means the injury isn't serious. If it's serious, there's usually a leak.

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Has he had one before? It's not easy to break the center of your foot. 

History lesson: Jaques Lisfranc was a surgeon who made his diagnosis (and had the Lisfranc joint and injury named for him) while treating French Cavalry officers who suffered a fractured or displaced mid foot (arch) from falling from or thrown from a horse but the foot remained stuck in the stirrups.  It's not turf toe, it's a specific and difficult injury to sustain and would be amazing bad luck and statistically unlikely for him to have suffered. 

I'm thinking ankle sprain, foot sprain, or toe injury.  

No - his most significant injury was a high right ankle sprain last year which is impossible to predict, pretty much everyone is at risk for a high ankle sprain anytime they step on the field, it's just a natural risk in the game.  He missed 7 games with that injury last year.

Most of his other injury history is related to minor muscle tweaks etc....again, nothing any other player doesn't go through.  He missed one game in 2017 when he tweaked his hammy.  Other than that, any time he's missed due to injuries has been camp or practice time.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Anderson, enunwa, herdon and bell are better options in the passing game then a 5’7 guy whos hurt all the time.  So yes, he is the 5th best option we have in the passing game.

And burnett or dortch will fill that role just fine.

He's the slot receiver.  Do you know that there's a difference? And that he's not the 5th option?  

Wow

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It seems historically, that no news usually means the injury isn't serious. If it's serious, there's usually a leak.

No practice today...so there may not be any media availability at all.  Unless Gase is speaking to the media today, we probably won't hear anything until tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

I'm not worried.  Look at what Sam had to work with the last 4 weeks of last season.  And he's a got year under his belt.

this right here.  I don't think enough people give him credit for that.  My God!!  who were his RBs?  receivers?  60% of his O-line was either injured or not playing their position....and yet he was ranked #1 of all QBs.  crazy.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

this right here.  I don't think enough people give him credit for that.  My God!!  who were his RBs?  receivers?  60% of his O-line was either injured or not playing their position....and yet he was ranked #1 of all QBs.  crazy.

For 3 weeks. Just sayin... ?

They were 3 good weeks though, so that’s something to hang our hats on.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

4 weeks - including the Pats game.  and he didn't play great in that game, yet he STILL was highest rated over that 4 week period.  wonder what his rating was over weeks 14-16?  again with your #1 and #2 RBs out, wr issues, OLine issues, Bowles as your HC, etc.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

lol you're still on the anti Darnol schitck? I'd recommend jumping out before the seasons starts to avoid looking like an idiot- though that ship may have already sailed. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, nico002 said:

lol you're still on the anti Darnol schitck? I'd recommend jumping out before the seasons starts to avoid looking like an idiot- though that ship may have already sailed. 

Slurp slurp goes the slurper.

Show me what I said here that was a knock on Darnold, you ball washer. He said the guy was ranked #1 last year. I said it was only 3 weeks, but 3 very good ones, and that was encouraging.

Go start another “why —— loves Darnold “ thread. It’s been almost two days since your last one. You’re like a little girl who has a crush on the boy sitting next to her in 3rd grade.

Act like a man.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, peebag said:

I'm not worried.  Look at what Sam had to work with the last 4 weeks of last season.  And he's a got year under his belt.

Correct.  With bell, herndon, robby and enunwa: thats 4 guys id rather have the ball in there hands before crowder.  Whether he injured or not makes no difference.  We will be just fine.

wow, surprised to see so many fans undervalue what the slot receiver is to gase's offense...  add to that some of you don't think that crowder is a legit slot receiver...

Hoping for good news or we will see many 2 RB sets with bell motioning out to the slot or maybe Montgomery?

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, jeTMAC said:

Top three in receptions for the Jets this year will be Bell , Enunwa, and Crowder. The next three Anderson Herndon Montgomery

As much as I like them as Players Enunwa and Crowder are consistent at one thing and that's getting hurt. Both players have something to prove when it comes to staying healthy and Crowder is already dealing with an Injury and the season did not even start yet.

While it's certainly possible they can both remain healthy and be high on the teams stats in receptions I would not be betting on that .

If Crowder is hurt, Montgomery will be filling the slot position and guess what Montgomery is also known for.... getting nagging injuries that cause him to miss games during the season.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

You’re insufferable.

I could give a toss what you think of me. 

Burrnett has incredible chemistry with Darnold in college.

Titans fans hated letting go of Burnett.

Every time he’s gotten on the field the chemistry with Darnold is obvious and he makes incredible plays.

Burnett is 21 years old.

There are many many reasons to be optimistic about this kid. 

Burnett wasn't drafted.  Burnett got 10 catches his rookie year.  Burnett was then let go by the Titans.  He was not brought in here as a starter, but as a camp woobie for Darnold and a camp body.

He is a prototypical "Jets Preseason Hype Obsession", like literally dozens before him.  It's one of many defining characteristics of Preseaons here, the "OMG this WR no one else liked is going to be an all-pro here with us" thing.  Call it Wayne Chrebet Syndrome. 

Crowder is a legit stud slot WR, a huge potential weapon fror Darnold in the Gase system, with a proven track record of quality play.  Worth every penny we paid to get him (and we paid plenty). 

Him being hurt is not a good thing, and Burnett is not considered by anyone as a legit replacement for Crowder at this point.

Now, if Crowder IS out for a while, and Burnett gets a real shot and rises to the challenge, great.  But that has not happened yet, and a few plays in early camp doesn't make Crowder surplus or unneeded.  Plan and simple, Crowder being hurt is bad, and Burnett is an unknown with a longshot chance of being anything but that in the future.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Smashmouth said:

As much as I like them as Players Enunwa and Crowder are consistent at one thing and that's getting hurt. Both players have something to prove when it comes to staying healthy and Crowder is already dealing with an Injury and the season did not even start yet.

While it's certainly possible they can both remain healthy and be high on the teams stats in receptions I would not be betting on that .

If Crowder is hurt, Montgomery will be filling the slot position and guess what Montgomery is also known for.... getting nagging injuries that cause him to miss games during the season.

Uh, in his first three seasons, Crowder missed one game. He was consistent for a nine week period last season though, with a high ankle sprain. He missed every one of those nine games.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

You’re insufferable.

Burrnett has incredible chemistry with Darnold in college.

Titans fans hated letting go of Burnett.

Every time he’s gotten on the field the chemistry with Darnold is obvious and he makes incredible plays.

Burnett is 21 years old.

There are many many reasons to be optimistic about this kid. 

Ahh those Titan fans ... That changes everything

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Him being hurt is not a good thing, and Burnett is not considered by anyone as a legit replacement for Crowder at this point

This is the problem.  Who on this board said crowder being hurt is good?  

Nobody.

What some of us more knowledgeable posters are saying is its not a big deal.  We have 4 guys who can catch the ball that are better then him and burnett or dortch will do just fine filing in.

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  With bell, herndon, robby and enunwa: thats 4 guys id rather have the ball in there hands before crowder.  Whether he injured or not makes no difference.  We will be just fine.

Crowder has better hands than Robby or Enunwa along with big play ability that I wouldn't be ready to attribute to Burnett or Dortch just yet. If he misses time, I'd hope that Burnett could step in and be a decent possession guy. Crowder's a take it to the house kinda guy. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Nobody.

What some of us more knowlegable posters are saying is its not a big deal.  We have 4 guys who can catch the ball that are better then him and burnett or dortch will do just fine filing in.

Then we agree to disagree. 

Enunwa is not better than Crowder, and is himself a walking injury waiting to happen.  Anderson is a literal  one trick pony one arrest away from a multi-game suspension.  Herndon is already out four games.  And Bell is a stud, admittedly, but is one guy every Defense will be spending 99% of their effort to stop.

Crowder was a key acquisition, especially for the Gase system, and no Burnett and Dortch (wtf is this guy all of a sudden) are not plug-and-fill equivalents for Crowder.

If he is hurt long, our Offense took a big hit.  Will we get past it?  Who knows.  I'd rather not have to, I'd rather Crowder be ok, and Burnett and Dortch not be player's we are replying on for legit production going into this season.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiF said:

That doent seem very fair.  Looks like the kid can play by every measure I've seen.  Quick, separates and catches the ball.  Clearly Sam trusts him.

I can say this; if the 76 targets that went to Jermaine Kearse last season went to Burnett, he would have a lot more than 37 catches (Jermaine Kearse his rookie season caught 3 passes, Burnett caught 10).

You think? My read on him is that he's a smart kid, runs good routes, has good hands, has good chemistry with Sam... But ultimately lacks the athleticism to separate at the NFL level.

Hope he continues to improve but he felt like a borderline/JAG who got thrown in because we were decimated by injuries last year.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Nobody.

What some of us more knowledgeable posters are saying is its not a big deal.  We have 4 guys who can catch the ball that are better then him and burnett or dortch will do just fine filing in.

LOL Knowledgeable. You wouldn't know Jamison Crowder if @T0mShane came up and gave you a nuru massage.

Am I doing this right?

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I could give a toss what you think of me. 

Burnett wasn't drafted.  Burnett got 10 catches his rookie year.  Burnett was then let go by the Titans.  He was not brought in here as a starter, but as a camp woobie for Darnold and a camp body.

He is a prototypical "Jets Preseason Hype Obsession", like literally dozens before him.  It's one of many defining characteristics of Preseaons here, the "OMG this WR no one else liked is going to be an all-pro here with us" thing.  Call it Wayne Chrebet Syndrome. 

Crowder is a legit stud slot WR, a huge potential weapon fror Darnold in the Gase system, with a proven track record of quality play.  Worth every penny we paid to get him (and we paid plenty). 

Him being hurt is not a good thing, and Burnett is not considered by anyone as a legit replacement for Crowder at this point.

Now, if Crowder IS out for a while, and Burnett gets a real shot and rises to the challenge, great.  But that has not happened yet, and a few plays in early camp doesn't make Crowder surplus or unneeded.  Plan and simple, Crowder being hurt is bad, and Burnett is an unknown with a longshot chance of being anything but that in the future.

That's lazy "analysis". Burnett is nothing like other camp bodies at WR. He has a history with our young franchise QB. He's consistently made plays in real games. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Slurp slurp goes the slurper.

Show me what I said here that was a knock on Darnold, you ball washer. He said the guy was ranked #1 last year. I said it was only 3 weeks, but 3 very good ones, and that was encouraging.

Go start another “why —— loves Darnold “ thread. It’s been almost two days since your last one. You’re like a little girl who has a crush on the boy sitting next to her in 3rd grade.

Act like a man.

Slurp? My view on Darnold is justified and shared by most knowledgeable football observers. Every single post you make about Darnold has a negative or skeptical tone. I get it, you're a troll. It's your gimick. Enjoy it while it lasts, you've got about a month old man.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Slurp? My view on Darnold is justified and shared by most knowledgeable football observers. Every single post you make about Darnold has a negative or skeptical tone. I get it, you're a troll. It's your gimick. Enjoy it while it lasts, you've got about a month old man.

Slurp slurp slurp.

You know what’s really going to annoy you? When Sam does well I’m going to post how happy I am, and people will give my opinion a lot more credence then yours when I do.

Because you’re a slurper!

In the meanwhile, go rub one out in front of the Sam fathead on your bedroom wall. Again.

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Nobody.

Dont crack a vertebrae patting yourself on the back there shmoopie

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You think? My read on him is that he's a smart kid, runs good routes, has good hands, has good chemistry with Sam... But ultimately lacks the athleticism to separate at the NFL level.

Hope he continues to improve but he felt like a borderline/JAG who got thrown in because we were decimated by injuries last year.

I think he's the quintessential slot receiver.  Quick, not fast.  Good route runner, able to create seperation with short area quickness.  Great hands.  etc.   This was his pre-draft analysis.  I think it was a surprise he went undrafted.

• Athletic with plus foot quickness
  • Has some workable acceleration from breaks that opens throwing windows
  • Nifty toe drop talent near sideline to ring up the catch
  • Good twitch in hands
  • Can pluck it and tuck it near traffic
  • Tougher than expected for his size
  • Faces down punishment inside the numbers and comes away with the catch despite the hits
  • Recognizes when he can cheat upfield before the catch gets to him against underneath zone
  • Nifty open field operator after the catch
  • Active scrambler who works well with Darnold to uncover in improv situations
  • Tracks it over his shoulder on corner routes
  • Good work ethic to improve
Weaknesses
  • Improved his routes, but they still need some work
  • Plays at angles that allow defenders ball opportunities
  • Rail-thin frame has limited potential to add mass
  • Will have to learn to play around contact more frequently
  • Quicker than fast
  • Coverage stays connected to him on the third level
  • Gets bodied into incompletions on 50-50 balls
  • Pushes off at the top of his route rather than attempting to influence coverage through route fake