Training Camp Tweets (8/3)

edit: The schedule changed

Not sure what the updated schedule is but they didn't originally have practice today. There's an updated one that shows they do have practice today, but it also doesn't show a practice yesterday on it, so I don't know what to believe. If they do practice today it looks like an 11AM start.

Schedule
Date Location Time Event/Access
Saturday, July 27, 2019 AHJTC 8:25 A.M. Public Practice (No Tickets Remaining)
Sunday, July 28, 2019 AHJTC 8:25 A.M. Public Practice (No Tickets Remaining)
Thursday, August 1, 2019 AHJTC 8:25 A.M. Summer Camp Day
Saturday, August 3, 2019 AHJTC 11:00 A.M. Public Practice (Tickets Available) *
Thursday, August 8, 2019 MetLife Stadium 7:00 P.M. New York Jets at New York Giants
Sunday, August 11, 2019 AHJTC 8:25 A.M. Public Practice (No Tickets Remaining)
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 AHJTC 8:25 A.M. Summer Camp Day
Thursday, August 15, 2019 Mercedes-Benz Stadium 7:30 P.M. New York Jets at Atlanta Falcons
Sunday, August 18, 2019 MetLife Stadium 7:00 P.M. Green & White Practice (Tickets Available) **

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

edit: The schedule changed

Not sure what the updated schedule is but they didn't originally have practice today. There's an updated one that shows they do have practice today, but it also doesn't show a practice yesterday on it, so I don't know what to believe. If they do practice today it looks like an 11AM start.

Schedule
Date Location Time Event/Access
Saturday, July 27, 2019 AHJTC 8:25 A.M. Public Practice (No Tickets Remaining)
Sunday, July 28, 2019 AHJTC 8:25 A.M. Public Practice (No Tickets Remaining)
Thursday, August 1, 2019 AHJTC 8:25 A.M. Summer Camp Day
Saturday, August 3, 2019 AHJTC 11:00 A.M. Public Practice (Tickets Available) *
Thursday, August 8, 2019 MetLife Stadium 7:00 P.M. New York Jets at New York Giants
Sunday, August 11, 2019 AHJTC 8:25 A.M. Public Practice (No Tickets Remaining)
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 AHJTC 8:25 A.M. Summer Camp Day
Thursday, August 15, 2019 Mercedes-Benz Stadium 7:30 P.M. New York Jets at Atlanta Falcons
Sunday, August 18, 2019 MetLife Stadium 7:00 P.M. Green & White Practice (Tickets Available) **

That's a schedule of only the practices that are open to the public. So I expect it will be at 11 a.m. today.

• Upvote 2

Some pre-practice thoughts

1) Fans in attendance usually hype up the defense, let’s see if they put pressure on the offense 

2) Rookies as starters - Chuma Edoga, Trevon Wesco and Blake Cashman will see starting reps today, I hope they all show out

3) Is Jachai Polite a bust?

4) Is the secondary better without Trumaine Johnson?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

This really is the big question. I would say his career is more than likely going to be defined by this practice. If he doesn't show something the team may look to cut him and move on. I mean how long are we supposed to wait for this guy to show something. 

3 sacks in an unpadded practice or bust

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This really is the big question. I would say his career is more than likely going to be defined by this practice. If he doesn't show something the team may look to cut him and move on. I mean how long are we supposed to wait for this guy to show something. 

PS candidate.  That’s very disappointing for a 3rd round pick but if that’s where he is then that’s where he is.  Can’t see the Jets cutting him this early.  The potential is still there but I don’t think they’ll eat up a spot on the 53 if he can’t contribute even as a 2nd team guy right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Are there seriously going to be people on this board beating the Polite is a bust drum after 10 practices and a dumb thread declaring him a bust? Seriously? I don't expect much from humanity but if ya'll could just try to get those brain cells working for a few moments while you're posting that would be great.

Point to the evidence that he might not be a bust. But also lighten up

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

Courtney and Alex Varallo are both at camp today. Alex is going to tweet football observations from his personal account if someone can check them and post them in the thread with the others that would be great, thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Point to the evidence that he might not be a bust. But also lighten up

From the past few days.

He has struggled at times (shocker for a rookie in his first camp) but it seems like everybody is only emphasizing the negative. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Are there seriously going to be people on this board beating the Polite is a bust drum after 10 practices and a dumb thread declaring him a bust? Seriously? I don't expect much from humanity but if ya'll could just try to get those brain cells working for a few moments while you're posting that would be great.

More than just a drum.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

PS candidate.  That’s very disappointing for a 3rd round pick but if that’s where he is then that’s where he is.  Can’t see the Jets cutting him this early.  The potential is still there but I don’t think they’ll eat up a spot on the 53 if he can’t contribute even as a 2nd team guy right now.

They'd have to expose him to waivers before he could be signed to the PS though.

I think he makes the 53, or comes down with a mysterious injury that moves him to IR. He wouldn't make it to the PS.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

No, you point to the evidence that he might be / is a bust after 5 practices or take a freakin chill pill. FFS, not one of us has seen this man take a snap yet and already he's guilty until proven innocent. Freakin JN (Just Negative)

1) I was just playing around.

2) there’s a good debate to be had about Polite’s bust potential. It’s really high.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1