Another day, another Grievance: Antonio Brown files 2nd grievance over helmet

30 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The NFL is fixed!  They will put the Raiders in the Super Bowl because nothing creates money and drama like holding funeral parlor staff hostage while you threaten to saw your deceased father's head off!  Goodell is on it!

Rog will burn the corpse . 

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

I think you are misrepresenting the situation.  Last year he was told he had a year to switch to an approved helmet, just like everyone else.  He didn't bother trying, somehow assuming he would diva his way through it this year.  Now when the calendar caught up to him and he finally figured out he wasn't going to be granted a special snowflake exemption, he is scrambling to try to find another loophole.  He could have had the newer version of his helmet tested any time in the last year.  He didn't.  Now he's finding out he's just another player in a league with 1,700 of them.  Sympathy is going to very hard to come by.  It's pretty much him, his agent, and Raideraholic who are clutching their pearls.  Everyone else pretty much doesn't give a sh-t, including his HC and GM.

I am not misrepresenting anything I just posted the article  I read. IDK either way if he plays or not. the issue here is that the new helmet he has is less then 10 yrs now and he wants a yr grace period. Was he told last yr his helmet was 10 yrs old and not good to wear yes. He is looking for a loophole and found a newer helmet of the same model. I have no sympathy for him at all he is a moron who who brings this onto himself

After losing the previous grievance, Brown and his representatives located a helmet of Brown’s preferred model, the Schutt AiR Advantage, made fewer than 10 years ago, believing that would allow Brown to wear it this season. The league then put that helmet model through testing and determined it is not approved for use. Brown’s grievance contends he should be permitted to wear the newer version of the Schutt AiR Advantage because he has not been given the one-year grace period for wearing his non-approved helmet that other players were given last season.

The only reason I even remotely care about the Antonio Brown saga is that I hope the negative press is enough for him to remain low enough for me to pick him with one of my snake picks (20-21) in the 1st-2nd round in my fantasy draft.  He"s currently 25th according to Yahoo FF.    

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Nothing. You'll believe what ever storyline you're fed. It's  a stone cold guarantee that the Raiders will be  winners in a short time. Just like the Rams. Ritchie might be too old in a year or two. Who goes to super bowls? Guys with extreme legal ,personal or post health issues. Always a dramatic story. Favre, Lewis, Patriots every year, some new drama = winning.  Jets are too squeeky clean to produce  a winner :)

My mind is absolutely boggled at someone trying to convince me that the Jets don't win because they've been too clean, classy and respectable over the past 30 years.

Am I in Bizarro world?

200.gif

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

My mind is absolutely boggled at someone trying to convince me that the Jets don't win because they've been too clean, classy and respectable over the past 30 years.

Am I in Bizarro world?

200.gif

Classy? No. 

They've had small time drama. Not big time drama thst leads to winning seasons.  

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

:)  I  do what I can. Youre welcome.

Bro,  you make me think like I've never thought before.

At first, I was like, why is the Raiders moving particularly dramatic?  I thought, maybe he means Vegas and the legal gambling is some deep conspiracy because many teams have moved but havent had success...but then I thought, wait when teams move....they make the playoffs or even the Super Bowl!  He's right.

Rams - SB

Chargers - Playoffs

Titans - 3 8-8 years, Super Bowl

Rams to St. Louis - 4 meh years epic run including 2 SB's, 1 victory

All the Raiders moves have eventually resulted in SB's historically.

Browns to Balt. - SB

The only 2 that it doesnt apply are when Phoenix became Arizona...which wasnt technically a move.  And when Balt. went to Indy, but who gives a **** about Indianapolis? but guess what, eventually, they all went to the Super Bowl at some point.

You're a genius. 

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

I think you are misrepresenting the situation.  Last year he was told he had a year to switch to an approved helmet, just like everyone else.  He didn't bother trying, somehow assuming he would diva his way through it this year.  Now when the calendar caught up to him and he finally figured out he wasn't going to be granted a special snowflake exemption, he is scrambling to try to find another loophole.  He could have had the newer version of his helmet tested any time in the last year.  He didn't.  Now he's finding out he's just another player in a league with 1,700 of them.  Sympathy is going to very hard to come by.  It's pretty much him, his agent, and Raideraholic who are clutching their pearls.  Everyone else pretty much doesn't give a sh-t, including his HC and GM.

Like someone said, there are 2,800 players in the NFL AND 2,799 have approved helmets on their heads.

Best part is it's for their own good.  Then again, 2,799 aren't screaming look at me.  

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

At first, I was like, why is the Raiders moving particularly dramatic?  I thought, maybe he means Vegas and the legal gambling is some deep conspiracy because many teams have moved but havent had success...but then I thought, wait when teams move....they make the playoffs or even the Super Bowl!  He's right.

Rams - SB

Chargers - Playoffs

Browns to Balt. - SB

The only 2 that it doesnt apply are when Phoenix became Arizona...which wasnt technically a move.  And when Balt. went to Indy, but who gives a **** about Indianapolis? but guess what, eventually, they all went to the Super Bowl at some point.

You're a genius. 

Cards went when building  a new stadium, just like Niners, ny Giants. GS warriors have been building a stadium during their championship run.Google - Rams seasons. Look at the wiki. Look at when they moved each time and then went to SBs. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Los_Angeles_Rams_seasons

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

The only reason I even remotely care about the Antonio Brown saga is that I hope the negative press is enough for him to remain low enough for me to pick him with one of my snake picks (20-21) in the 1st-2nd round in my fantasy draft.  He"s currently 25th according to Yahoo FF.    

I’m hoping AB and Luck both fall like asteroids in my next draft

On August 20, 2019 at 3:51 PM, TNJet said:

Can I file a grievance against AB for being a complete crybaby, distractive diva, POS not worth the drama player??

Maybe you  should wait till November,  and put a grievance against 

A Brown , and the Raiders.    Picking on a Jet team that doesn't have any cb's.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:03 PM, JiF said:

Rams - SB

Chargers - Playoffs

Browns to Balt. - SB

You're a genius. 

Please stop encouraging him.  

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Antonio Brown lost his grievance with NFL, but won , as he signed a exclusive helmet deal for new custom built Helmet.  Lmao 

Everyone that posted that nonsense that he was going to retire if he couldn't wear his old helmet, just were played.     

You sure showed them!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001047257/article/antonio-brown-upset-by-raiders-fines-over-absences

Antonio Brown upset by Raiders fines over absences

• By Grant Gordon NFL.com
  • Published: Sept. 4, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
  • Updated: Sept. 4, 2019 at 11:20 a.m.

Just when you thought the Antonio Brown dramatics had subsided, he pulls you back in.

Brown, the star receiver who is set to make his Oakland Raiders debut on Monday against the Broncos, missed his share of practices this offseason and appeared to voice his displeasure via social media in reply to his team fining him.

Brown shared a screen shot of a letter from Raiders general manager Mike Mayock that informed Brown he would be fined $13,950 due to an "unexcused" absence from a walk-through on Aug. 22. It went on to outline that Brown was "previously fined $40,000 for missing Raiders' preseason training camp" on Aug. 18 and if he continued to miss mandatory team activities he would be subject to "additional fines and discipline."

In large white lettering over the letter displayed in Brown's Instagram story, A.B. wrote, "When your own team want to hate, but there's no stopping me now devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear."

While Brown's retort was somewhat unclear, one can read into it what they want, but it would seem Brown is frustrated again despite Mayock's letter being clear to show these are fines pursuant to the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement and the team's "club discipline schedule."

The Raiders traded the Steelers for Brown in the offseason and took on a ticket to what has been a roller coaster, thus far.

Brown previously missed multiple training camp practices due to frostbitten feet and his problems with having to wear a new NFL-mandated helmet -- for which he filed two grievances and lost both.

It remains to be seen if this is simply Brown venting his frustrations or if it will carry on and become the latest bigger problem for the Silver and Black.

Brown, who usually stretches on his own during the team stretch period, was not on the field during stretching on Wednesday. He appeared during individual drills and after catching a pass from Carr, ran to the end zone and fired the football into the fence.