Cut Bait Fast

Adoni Beast

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m all for firing Gase if this sh*tfest doesn’t get fixed. Yesterday was all I needed to see to do a 180. His offense looked just like it did in Miami. No Tannehill so what’s the excuse now? 

Obviously Sam is holding Gase back just like Tannehill did 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Have to be honest, the news Saturday about AB going to the dynasty ruined this season for me before it started, I mean what's the point anymore? Anytime they start to decay in the slightest, BB Will make a nefarious move to improve and strengthen that team to become as unbeatable as they always are, I don't care if the QB is 50 years old. Edelman, Gordon, AB, White, Michel and of course #12. You are going to go up against that with our defense LOL? We might see them score 70 points on us. If they lose 1 game this season it will be a surprise to me. I have decided to boycott anything and everything Patriot, and NFL from now on. I did not watch 1 second of last nights joke of a game, nor will I anymore. I mean for what? To get aggravated? Depending on Monday's game which on paper, we should lose easily, I may, for health reasons, pack it in altogether for the season and not watch another snap until such time as this team is competitive. 

That f*****g g*d damned situation with AB has totally alienated me against the NFL and what was once my favorite game to watch has now become something I loathe and will make a concentrated effort to avoid.

So tired of NE and losing.

Honestly I was pretty deflated about the ab news.  Feels rigged. 

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Question...if Darnold hits on all three of the deep balls he missed on with Anderson...are we talking about having a "conservative" offense?

Yes. Because  we’ve all been around the block long enough to know that you can’t count on that to win every Sunday. There was a lack of execution, a lack of adjustment, a lack of game planning, and a lack of imagination - it was deep rooted in everything that happened yesterday. Just because Robbie bails us out with a couple of long bombs isn’t going to make that concern go away 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

No but winning at hime against Buffalo was more than realistic.

Also, fielding an offense that was practiced and sold as uptempo and aggressive would have been encouraging. In fact, the lack of originality was worse than the loss.

Coaching scared is the tip of the ice berg. 

The Bills faced the Pats in Week 16 last year and held Brady to 13/24, 126 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs. The lone TD was a 32 yard Edelman screen pass. The Bills just turned Darnold inside-out the same way. It happens.

• Upvote 2

This isn’t a FIRE GASE thread...yet...but

Gase’s leash should be extremely short. He isn’t a 1st time HC, and knows the division. He was brought here equally to win and develop Darnold.

We can’t waste time bringing Gase back next year “they need more time to gel and understand the offense.”

Sometimes you know enough quickly.

Bowles in Buffalo in 2015, we knew. We wasted 3 more years for no reason.

Rex in 2011 even after those AFC championship games, most of us knew. He wasn’t ever going to be a winner.

I’m all for firing Gase if this sh*tfest doesn’t get fixed. Yesterday was all I needed to see to do a 180. His offense looked just like it did in Miami. No Tannehill so what’s the excuse now? 

Todd Monken, the guy we shoukd have hired will be a HC candidate for next year. He’s withering away, wasting time in Cleveland. They won’t even let him call the plays. But that guy is an offensive innovator. He made the mistake passing up on him for Gase. Don’t do it again, unless Gase wakes up and changes up the offense.

The offensive line of the Jets got totally manhandled by the Bills as did our WR's as did everything offense. Not sure how its the coaches fault when players get dominated physically like that but yesterday was certainly not Gases Fault. Could he have done anything differently ? Sure . But in any case our line was going to get dominated no matter how you slice it. The Bills are built to dominate on defense and thats just what they did.

If Mosley (you know the guy that calls the defense) does not get hurt Im not sure Buffalo scores more than 3 points that and the kicker lost us the game. Buffalo will be giving a lot of temas hell with that defense you can count on that. That may be the toughest unit we face all year

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Bills faced the Pats in Week 16 last year and held Brady to 13/24, 126 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs. The lone TD was a 32 yard Edelman screen pass. The Bills just turned Darnold inside-out the same way. It happens.

I’ll agree with you there. sh*t happens, bad games, etc. but beyond the stats and scoreboard. I just hated the conservative approach, the scared play-not-to-lose mindset.

Let’s see, I hope he proves me wrong, but this has been his trend.

• Upvote 1

Way to early for this discussion. Let Douglas get the players he feels he can win with and let Gase coach em up. I am unapologetically old school when it comes to football. Dominating running game ( but not one dimensional) and stout defense normally wins as you are in control of game. When Douglas gets these players in and Gase can put some innovative offensive wrinkles in I don’t think we will be having this conversation as they can and will be a consistent championship football team 

Gase’s leash should be extremely short. He isn’t a 1st time HC, and knows the division. He was brought here equally to win and develop Darnold.

We can’t waste time bringing Gase back next year “they need more time to gel and understand the offense.”

Rex in 2011 even after those AFC championship games, most of us knew. He wasn’t ever going to be a winner.

Todd Monken, the guy we shoukd have hired will be a HC candidate for next year. He’s withering away, wasting time in Cleveland. They won’t even let him call the plays. But that guy is an offensive innovator. He made the mistake passing up on him for Gase. Don’t do it again, unless Gase wakes up and changes up the offense.

that's just a silly position to have.  gase needs two maybe three seasons to get the mac and idzik stink out of this team.  for comparison's sake, look at the rams.  fisher had goff doing nothing.  mcavay did nothing in year one and by year 2 they're contenders.  it's going to be the same way with the jets.  it takes time.  if anything fans thought the team was in better shape than it actually is.  it's better than last year's but that just shows how bad last year's team truly was.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

No offense but everything you say is negative.

A claim that only shows you hear what you want.....or don't know how to read/selectively read. 

I've said a myriad of very positive things this off-season.

So to say you werent happy with the gase hiring and now give the old “ told ya so” line means nothing because when it comes to the jets, making negative claims almost always comes to fruition. Sorry Nostradamus...

No offense, but I hear there are schools that can help with this kind of cognitive disability.  In all seriousness, I would strongly suggest you read what people write, not what you think they write.  

but my original point was AFTER gase got hired, for the most part, things went well. He turned a lot of people around. The vast majority were on board. There was little to no anti-gase chatter post july

Interesting what a pathetic 8-point Offensive performance by a supposed Offensive genius new Head Coach leading a 16 point blown 4th quarter lead will do to an already eternally frustrated fanbase, eh?

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

gase needs two maybe three seasons to get the mac and idzik stink out of this team.

Why not five?  Hell, maybe it'll take 10.

Same Old Jets (fans), playing for years in the future and excuse-making the now before the season has barely started.

Just once I'd love to be playing for now.....not some make-believe future.

I take no joy in saying this but let’s couple the lose with he knows more then anyone else...look at his answer as to why he only played Montgomery 5 snaps. He was a tool in Miami’s and he is a tool in NY. If he wins it is one thing but when he loses and acts like a dick the media will turn very quickly. 

I was against hiring Gase and still against him I want the Jets to win but he does not give me any confidence he can coach. I was called a hater bring up stats and reason and low an behold the first game he did the same. Let’s see how they play next week but put me down if they don’t win or show very well Gase should be on the hot seat and media will call for his head

here is the coach

#Jets HC Adam Gase asked why Ty Montgomery (five snaps) wasn’t more involved. “That’s my decision.” Pressed on if he’ll be more involved later, he says it depends how he feels. “That’s the beautiful part about being the head coach, I can basically do what I want”
3:32 PM · Sep 9, 2019·TweetDeck

the best reply is yes except win....

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What coach could the Jets have possibly hired that might have delivered that right away?

Obviously not Gase, it seems.

No worries, in five or six years, man, he'll have all those weaponz, and be great......right?

Well, maybe seven years.  We wouldn't want to rush it, would we.

sh*t, why even watch the rest of 2019 if this is the prevailing attitude?  Playing for draft picks already?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Obviously not Gase, it seems.

No worries, in five or six years, man, he'll have all those weaponz, and be great......right?

Well, maybe seven years.  We wouldn't want to rush it, would we.

sh*t, why even watch the rest of 2019 if this is the prevailing attitude?  Playing for draft picks already?

I ASK AGAIN GOOD SIR,

Who was the coach the Jets were going to hire who would make them competitive right away?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why not five?  Hell, maybe it'll take 10.

Same Old Jets (fans), playing for years in the future and excuse-making the now before the season has barely started.

Just once I'd love to be playing for now.....not some make-believe future.

i hope woody and co don't plan on a 5 year plan.  we all want some success now.  at this point all we can say is there are 15 more games and winning the next two before the break will do wonders.

Just now, rangerous said:

i hope woody and co don't plan on a 5 year plan.  we all want some success now.  at this point all we can say is there are 15 more games and winning the next two before the break will do wonders.

More likely to start 1-5, then go on a winning streak to get to 6-10, after which Gase and Douglas flush half the roster and attempt to rebuild.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I ASK AGAIN GOOD SIR,

Who was the coach the Jets were going to hire who would make them competitive right away?

I'm not playing the woulda coulda shoulda game with you Tom.

Shine yesterday's turd to a gleaming brown glow and dream about six seasons from now if it pleases you.

I want to play for today, I'm tired of playing for a half decade from now.

We'll see if any of our Coaches or players feel that way vs. the Browns on Monday night.

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Well.....on the bright side, the Browns completely brown'd the bed in Week 1.

I wonder how motivated to win they'll be on Monday night?

How will we all feel if Baker and Co. just crush Gase and Darnold?  

I am hoping beyond all hope that doesn't happen.  We need something positive.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm not playing the woulda coulda shoulda game with you Tom.

Shine yesterday's turd to a gleaming brown glow and dream about six seasons from now if it pleases you.

I want to play for today, I'm tired of playing for a half decade from now.

We'll see if any of our Coaches or players feel that way vs. the Browns on Monday night.

This is not pragmatic nor is it healthy, friend. Bill Parcells ain’t walking through that door.

Too early for this type of post. Cleveland, a team bathed in talent got their asses kicked by an average team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app