Cut Bait Fast

Adoni Beast

27 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

How about.... And hear me out on this one.... we wait and watch a few more games first. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to work the kinks out. Frank Reich started out 1-5  with the colts last year. Then they lost 1 Game the rest of the year. A little patience and realistic expectations never hurt. This team as constructed was never a playoff team. We have to many holes and no depth. 7-9 at best. This season is all about darnolds development.

If yesterday is a peek into the future of Darnold's Development....we are truly screwed. 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Some of us were never liking the Adam Gase move. I would have gone with any of the choices other than Gase. 

That's fine but can we give the guy more than a week before we fire him. I know we didn't look good by any stretch of the imagination but the seasons not over. It's week 2 for crying out loud

• Upvote 1

Have to be honest, the news Saturday about AB going to the dynasty ruined this season for me before it started, I mean what's the point anymore? Anytime they start to decay in the slightest, BB Will make a nefarious move to improve and strengthen that team to become as unbeatable as they always are, I don't care if the QB is 50 years old. Edelman, Gordon, AB, White, Michel and of course #12. You are going to go up against that with our defense LOL? We might see them score 70 points on us. If they lose 1 game this season it will be a surprise to me. I have decided to boycott anything and everything Patriot, and NFL from now on. I did not watch 1 second of last nights joke of a game, nor will I anymore. I mean for what? To get aggravated? Depending on Monday's game which on paper, we should lose easily, I may, for health reasons, pack it in altogether for the season and not watch another snap until such time as this team is competitive. 

That f*****g g*d damned situation with AB has totally alienated me against the NFL and what was once my favorite game to watch has now become something I loathe and will make a concentrated effort to avoid.

So tired of NE and losing.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The brain trust of this team gave mac 5 drafts and bowels 4 years.  This group has 4 to 5 years and remember the coach and the gm report independently to the big boss.

That’s true if they gave Mac’s Bowles movement 5 drafts and 4 years, then these guys should get at least 10 years.

Gase probably has me conned though I’m so used to hearing a guy utter 1 and 2 syllable words in slow motion virtually anyone who replaced him would come off as Einstein to me...so cut me some slack.

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

Have to be honest, the news Saturday about AB going to the dynasty ruined this season for me before it started, I mean what's the point anymore? Anytime they start to decay in the slightest, BB Will make a nefarious move to improve and strengthen that team to become as unbeatable as they always are, I don't care if the QB is 50 years old. Edelman, Gordon, AB, White, Michel and of course #12. You are going to go up against that with our defense LOL? We might see them score 70 points on us. If they lose 1 game this season it will be a surprise to me. I have decided to boycott anything and everything Patriot, and NFL from now on. I did not watch 1 second of last nights joke of a game, nor will I anymore. I mean for what? To get aggravated? Depending on Monday's game which on paper, we should lose easily, I may, for health reasons, pack it in altogether for the season and not watch another snap until such time as this team is competitive. 

That f*****g g*d damned situation with AB has totally alienated me against the NFL and what was once my favorite game to watch has now become something I loathe and will make a concentrated effort to avoid.

So tired of NE and losing.

Did you read my earlier post?  Maybe you did and the number stuck in your mind.

I said Brady is going to put up 70 points against this Jet so called D backfield.

If you didn’t and you said 70 all on your own..what can I say?  Great minds think alike haha

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

CJ keeping mac after making the coach change was beyond idiotic.  Just stupid and we are paying for it now.  Bowles was garbage almost from day one.  I can see being patient especially after the false 1st year success but keeping mac just boggles.

It’s been a very messy/odd 4 years/5 offseasons. This team is going to be rough this year but better than last year. The GLARING holes at PREMIUM/IMPACT positions, is what’s hurting us. We are strong at the positions that aren’t as important or priority.

We do have Sam though and priority is supporting him for now so we don’t ruin a young QB with potential. Tough situation for any GM when a team is built backwards. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

That's fine but can we give the guy more than a week before we fire him. I know we didn't look good by any stretch of the imagination but the seasons not over. It's week 2 for crying out loud

Goes without saying. I am just saying that not everyone was enamored by the Gase hire. Certainly, I would love to be wrong. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s been a very messy/odd 4 years/5 offseasons. This team is going to be rough this year but better than last year. The GLARING holes at PREMIUM/IMPACT positions, is what’s hurting us. We are strong at the positions that aren’t as important or priority.

We do have Sam though and priority is supporting him for now so we don’t ruin a young QB with potential. Tough situation for any GM when a team is built backwards. 

Backwards as in hiring coaches before GMs?

This is who Gase is, and always has been.  He expects players to thrive in his system and he doesn't alter it to their strengths.  Unfortunately, no one has thrived, besides when he had Peyton Manning, who probably demanded that they alter the game plans how he saw fit.  Darnold has some real issues, and this offense is not suited to him.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You are insane to think this is anything but Miami 2.0. It was all on display yesterday. I hope I'm wrong but I have a sick feeling after watching Douglass bring in 2 players that had no business being in the NFL to start yesterdays game.

All the posters here were just happy we got rid of the Bowles and Mac. They could have hired Rex again and everyone would have been on board. 

I never wanted Rex fired. I don't think everyone would have been on board.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Backwards as in hiring coaches before GMs?

That too haha. I meant in how the roster was built. Knowing that we were going to eventually draft a young FQB and neglecting the Oline/offense.  When drafting defense, the jets focused on non premium positions like DT (not premium in a 3-4) or safety, while not using higher picks on OLB pass rushers and CBs which are premium.

My point being, if you are going to do the stupid thing and neglect offense even though you KNOW you need a young QB and that’s the priority of the organization, at least draft premium positions on defense and/or trade down to acquire more draft capital to rebuild properly. It’s common sense. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Where was all the no huddle uptempo sh*t we saw in the preseason?! Unbelievable what we saw yesterday

Your thread feels a little premature, but this I definitely agree with. Wanted more uptempo, snapping the ball with 15 seconds on the play clock, that sort of thing. Right now I’m just hoping that that was a really good defense and the Jets has opening day jitters. Next week should be fun with an angry Browns team coming to town. Luckily they get an extra day to fix this crap. 

35 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yes let’s give Sam a new offense to learn in 2020!!!!! People on here need to wake up. We were never going to be playoff team this year 8-8 is a good season for this team and thats a stretch. Buffalo has a very good defense we have a piss poor offense with 2 weapons and an Oline with more holes than a damn golf course you guys need to come back to reality. We have no corners, WRs are weak, kicking is a joke etc we’re not a playoff team by any means. This season is about Darnold improving and letting the FO mold this team how it sees fit anything more than an 8 win season is pie in the sky. 

We should cut bait with SAM if he doesn't get to 10 wins this year or show a LOOOOT of improvement over what he was. I mean sustained 7 games of continued high level play. I thought this thread was aobut ditching Darnold not gates. 

How many offenses are successful with bad o-lines? The bills strength is their D line. It was a horrible match up for this team and im not surprised they struggled yesterday. Don't think you can fire gase after one season. This guy is supposed to be an offensive minded coach who can game plan but how good of a job can you do when your QB only has time to make one read and there are no running lanes? The Dolphins O line, out side of tunsil wasn't much better while he was there either. Im just hoping that this guy and this staff value O-line.  I dont think you can fire gase after one season with the o-line he has to work with. The bills were clearly a better team and it showed as the game progressed. How can any offense look good when your o-line is just getting destroyed? The jets need to take their money and draft capital next season and start investing everything they can to fix this nightmare of an O-line. We all saw what happened to Indy when they finally decided to put a lot of resources into their O-line over the last few years. Jets need to follow suit. sh*t, look how competitive the jets became when they spent two first rounders on brick and mangold and brought in woody and faneca. Sanchez was garbage but those teams could literally run on anyone. Gase is probably a bum but I don't know if you can truly judge his capabilities with the pieces he has to work with

55 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That too haha. I meant in how the roster was built. Knowing that we were going to eventually draft a young FQB and neglecting the Oline/offense.  When drafting defense, the jets focused on non premium positions like DT (not premium in a 3-4) or safety, while not using higher picks on OLB pass rushers and CBs which are premium.

My point being, if you are going to do the stupid thing and neglect offense even though you KNOW you need a young QB and that’s the priority of the organization, at least draft premium positions on defense and/or trade down to acquire more draft capital to rebuild properly. It’s common sense. 

I agree. There is no point to over spending on a RB and having a young QBs if you have no line.

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Vegas had them at 7 1/2 Wins Over/Under this year..I expected much better, which is not that realistic, but the fan in me saw the talent Darnold has (Top rated QB in the NFL last quarter of the season, with garbage surrounding him everywhere, players, coaches, small sample size for sure but WHEN was the last time a Jet QB did anything that good?)

Vegas took into account the 2019 Jet team as a WHOLE, and this team certainly has MANY holes in it, along with ZERO depth.  Their billions of dollars in computers are usually quite accurate in the numbers they spit out.

So looks like I’m guilty of being too much of a fan, I was thinking playoffs this year, thinking the coaching would be head and shoulders better than it was last year.

Love the Gregg Williams hire though, and hope Gase becomes what Peyton Manning sold him as.

I always liked you for your optimism. Even if I thought it was over the top sometimes, I knew you really believed what you were saying.

I've  gained even more respect for your take on things since yesterdays game. You're a great fan, the kind I'd enjoy having a beer and watching the game with.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

If yesterday is a peek into the future of Darnold's Development....we are truly screwed. 

Exactly.

The narrative here has changed quickly to Gase and his game plan. Darnold has been absolved of blame already. The kid wasn't good yesterday, he looked scared late in the 4th, and was just throwing ducks off his back foot any time they called a pass longer then 10 yards.

I'm getting sick of everyone complaining about the OL "ruining Sam"... How about he steps into a throw during crunch time, even if it means taking a hit? I laughed yesterday when guys said "even Rodgers had a bad game Thursday.... First of all, where does anyone get off comparing Sam to Rodgers? Ever?

Trubisky is more like it if you're going to go off week 1.

I actually thought Macc had improved earlier I hated some of his moves. You have to give new coaches and GMs a chance to grow in the job make mistakes etc. Belichick wasn’t an overnight success and now everything he does works on the field. I give them 3 years but that’s it. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Untrue.

Many of us were strongly against his hire and were shouted down.

Yesterday was exactly what folks like me feared under Gase.

We’ll see how 2019 turns out. He has the entire at the very least to show us all and prove his doubters and critics wrong.

No offense but everything you say is negative.

So to say you werent happy with the gase hiring and now give the old “ told ya so” line means nothing because when it comes to the jets, making negative claims almost always comes to fruition. Sorry Nostradamus...

but my original point was AFTER gase got hired, for the most part, things went well. He turned a lot of people around. The vast majority were on board. There was little to no anti-gase chatter post july

1 hour ago, slats said:

Your thread feels a little premature, but this I definitely agree with. Wanted more uptempo, snapping the ball with 15 seconds on the play clock, that sort of thing. Right now I’m just hoping that that was a really good defense and the Jets has opening day jitters. Next week should be fun with an angry Browns team coming to town. Luckily they get an extra day to fix this crap. 

My whole thread is based on the assumption this crap continues for the season, in which case...Gase should then be fired. The reason I am jumping the gun is because this looked exactly like the garbage offense he ran in Miami. There’s a trend.

But, deep down I am hoping this is an anomaly. I’m just not expecting anything different. It’s been 3 years and 1 game of this from Gase.

The only point of hope (somewhat) is that there reports that this was NOT at all what they were doing in training camp. But to that point it would still be alarming that you’re THAT SHOOK from buffalo’s D and Davis Webb intel...to change EVERYTHING up for a game. What’s going to happen when we face too competition? Curl up into a shell each time? I don’t want a coach like that. No thanks, had too many of them.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The??Jets??Weren’t??Winning??sh*t??This??Year??

No but winning at hime against Buffalo was more than realistic.

Also, fielding an offense that was practiced and sold as uptempo and aggressive would have been encouraging. In fact, the lack of originality was worse than the loss.

Coaching scared is the tip of the ice berg. 

• Upvote 1