how is this not positive?

batman10023

the last time sam took a few weeks off he ended up playing really well.  this could be the case again.

he did okay this past week with a top TE out, a top receiver hurt, a line that hadn't played together and the kid had early stages of mono.  against a very good defense.

this gives me more confidence in our chance of getting to the super bowl next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

This is what happens when you draft a very young player.  

He need to listen to his doctors and rest.  He will lose muscle.  Just have to give him time. 

This year is all about Darnold's development.  Last year was basically almost a complete throwaway.  Hopefully he can return in a month, build himself up and develop and not get hurt with the weaker part of the schedule.

I would trade any player worth anything who is not expected to be on the team next year, except for OL who we need to protect Darnold.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is what happens when you draft a very young player.  

He need to listen to his doctors and rest.  He will lose muscle.  Just have to give him time. 

This year is all about Darnold's development.  Last year was basically almost a complete throwaway.  Hopefully he can return in a month, build himself up and develop and not get hurt with the weaker part of the schedule.

I would trade any player worth anything who is not expected to be on the team next year, except for OL who we need to protect Darnold.  

They should hook him up with old man Nathan Shepherd for some juice. Keep some muscle in tact. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

the last time sam took a few weeks off he ended up playing really well.  this could be the case again.

he did okay this past week with a top TE out, a top receiver hurt, a line that hadn't played together and the kid had early stages of mono.  against a very good defense.

this gives me more confidence in our chance of getting to the super bowl next year.

Ugh, because if he didnt get sick he probably wins last week and has a chance to play well over the games hes missing?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

How many straws are left? 

I want to grasp at some too! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

the kicker getting the FG and XP wouldn't change the view on Sam.  it would helped us win the game of course.

He played a game with mono.  Against the 2nd ranked D of a year ago.  And would have put up 20 points while winning the game.

Could care less who had whatever view they want of Darnold.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He played a game with mono.  Against the 2nd ranked D of a year ago.  And would have put up 20 points while winning the game.

Could care less who had whatever view they want of Darnold.  

you get it.  this mono news is about as positive as i can get.  now i wish it was really a 2-3 week sickness but still great news.  

he's not sick and we win that game by 12 points (2 TDs)

• Upvote 1