Thursday Night Football Titans at Jaguars

joewilly12

59 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not sure I need to expose the exposed, just trying to figure out how the Jags did what they did when all I've heard all week around here is how it's impossible to do what the Jags just did.

Its simple Jif.

Its been known for years that a team named after a feline animal will enjoy unparalleled success. 

Unfortunately, those teams named after mythical beings and flying machines have a tougher row to hoe.

Its all proven fact man.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, that example doesn't count. I see. 

Ok, compare Jameis Winton's rookie season to Peyton Manning's rookie year. Then compare it to the rookie year of Troy Aikman, John Elway, and Terry Bradshaw. 

Nice try. 

I forgot 1998 stats the rules are just the same as 2015.  I compared 2 players, same generation 1 year apart from eachother to prove the simple point to you that he as of right now is every bit as good as Darnold was last year at the same time.. heck I say he been better!!! that mean he is the better QB? nope not the same teams and or coaches which makes a HUGE difference. Would Montana,Marino,Brees, Brady be them if they didn't have the great HC they had? no only time will tell if either of these two have it but right now they are EQUAL.

1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

I forgot 1998 stats the rules are just the same as 2015.  I compared 2 players, same generation 1 year apart from eachother to prove the simple point to you that he as of right now is every bit as good as Darnold was last year at the same time.. heck I say he been better!!! that mean he is the better QB? nope not the same teams and or coaches which makes a HUGE difference. Would Montana,Marino,Brees, Brady be them if they didn't have the great HC they had? no only time will tell if either of these two have it but right now they are EQUAL.

The rules are the ******* same?  How so? 

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The rules are the ******* same?  How so? 

since 1999? very simply the defense cant sneeze on a QB now without being flagged for pass interference. The CB cant hit the WR after 5 yards. defenceless receiver rules. Plus much much more. but yes it has vastly turned into a Offensive league since 1999.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Did Minshew back up Falk?

pretty sure he was at ECU or somewhere and transferred as a Senior with eligibility... the kid who backed up Falk killed himself if i'm not mistaken. Very sad. 

PS. Mariota is exactly who i thought he was. Move on TEN

4 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

since 1999? very simply the defense cant sneeze on a QB now without being flagged for pass interference. The CB cant hit the WR after 5 yards. defenceless receiver rules. Plus much much more. but yes it has vastly turned into a Offensive league since 1999.

Ah.  Sorry, you were being sarcastic.  I got lost as to what I was responding to. Whole ******* thing is annoying.  All these guys suck.  We are going to be reading similar sh*t about Fales by halftime.

Just now, JimJaime said:

I forgot 1998 stats the rules are just the same as 2015 

This is strawman.

It has nothing to do with comparing passing stats from different eras. It’s about comparing the overall performance of each guy after one year, within the context of their eras/situations. 

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Boring teams.

Still play better than our Jets on Offense and Defense. Our 3 point offense is exciting. Bell run up the middle, Bell to the left, 3rd and 15. Throw a bubble screen or a pass short of the LOS and make the RB or WR break 10 tackles to get a first offense run by the genius Adam Gase.

15 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I’m sorry, but those guys don’t impress me. Quincy, Robbie and crowder are on equal footing with those guys if not better

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jags WR's make more contested catches than ours and can get separation. Ours besides Robbie don't get separation and Crowder hasn't lit it up yet.

5 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Still play better than our Jets on Offense and Defense. Our 3 point offense is exciting. Bell run up the middle, Bell to the left, 3rd and 15. Throw a bubble screen or a pass short of the LOS and make the RB or WR break 10 tackles to get a first offense run by the genius Adam Gase.

No argument here.

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is strawman.

It has nothing to do with comparing passing stats from different eras. It’s about comparing the overall performance of each guy after one year, within the context of their eras/situations. 

No, you can't that be saying Montana was a better QB than Otto Graham or Brady is better than Montana based on performance in a year because the rules are so different.    Winston had a FAIR to meh year for 2015 standards .  Mannings rookie year was meh to bad as was the team (usually the case with a first overall draft pick lol)

But we are getting far away from our original topic, which for me was simply.. Mishew has proven as much promise as Darnold in his first three starts. He has shown so far he can possibly be as good if not better than Darnold.  Where he is drafted means nothing! Teams get lucky ALL the time, where or even if drafted is a meaningless stat.  How many 1st round busts are there every year? 

10 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

No, you can't that be saying Montana was a better QB than Otto Graham or Brady is better than Montana based on performance in a year because the rules are so different.    Winston had a FAIR to meh year for 2015 standards .  Mannings rookie year was meh to bad as was the team (usually the case with a first overall draft pick lol)? 

No one is arguing anything like the bolded. 

Winston had a better rookie year in his "era" than Peyton Manning did in his. That's the point. 

You seem confused. 

I didn't see the game last night. I'm surprised and not surprised at Minshew. I liked him a lot last year at Wash State. He seems to be a guy who can live up to an opportunity instead of choke. And his previous coach Mike Leach has good things to say about him which is unusual for him. Same head coach for Luke Falk. Here are some of Leach's comments on Luke Falk on Titans Wire after he was drafted by Tenn. https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/25/mike-leach-luke-falk-tennessee-titans/

QW college production is very little. Only a year of production. Also, we suck at developing D'Linemen. Look at recent history. Coples, Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams.....Only Damon Harrison was a beast and is still a productive player in this league. He had more passion and heart than all of these first rounder's. I am most disappointed in L. Williams. He is LAZY. He is by far more talented then all of them. He is just such a soft player. He doesn't have the mean streak. He plays passive. He should be tossing Gurads around like rag dolls and playing like Aaon Donald.

I cant believe the titans ate still going with mariotta.  This is a different era for qbs.  You dont need 3 or 4 years to evaluate these guys.

I know already: Mahomes is great, lamar jacksons a star, kyler murray can sling it around, josh allen can put a team on his back and win games.

Its not rocket science.  The days of giving qbs years to develop are over.  

Marriota isnt good.  Dump him already.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I didn't see the game last night. I'm surprised and not surprisedat Minshew. I liked him a lot last year at Wash State. He seems to be a guy who can live up to an opportunity instead of choke. And his previous coach Mike Leach has good things to say about him which is unusual for him. Same head coach for Luke Falk. Here are some of Leach's comments on Luke Falk on Titans Wire after he was drafted by Tenn. https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/25/mike-leach-luke-falk-tennessee-titans/

i ended up watching him in preseaosn...  thought he could play...

good story.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

No one is arguing anything like the bolded. 

Winston had a better rookie year in his "era" than Peyton Manning did in his. That's the point. 

You seem confused. 

Did you bother look up the rankings? lol (I just did because I was curious)3rd in passing yards, 5th in TD's, and 1st in attempts, Bad side 1st in INT

Wnston was 11th in yards, 16th in Td's and  14th in attempts, 6th in Interceptions thrown.

so Ya Manning was obviously better his rookie year by the stats for his era. Thus why IMO you dont compare ERAS just players in the same one.. Thus Darnold and the kid here. :)   FYI I am not saying Darnold bad or will be bad at all just that they are comparable right now. 

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Did you bother look up the rankings? lol (I just did because I was curious)3rd in passing yards, 5th in TD's, and 1st in attempts, Bad side 1st in INT

Wnston was 11th in yards, 16th in Td's and  14th in attempts, 6th in Interceptions thrown.

so Ya Manning was obviously better his rookie year by the stats for his era. Thus why IMO you dont compare ERAS just players in the same one.. Thus Darnold and the kid here. :)   FYI I am not saying Darnold bad or will be bad at all just that they are comparable right now. 

LMAO

You are still confused

1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

LMAO look it up.. the stats don't lie! I was shocked too!  Manning was light years better his rookie year based on the era he played in. 

Nah, bro. We are looking at the same stats. What is shocking is your "interpretation" of them. 

The bolded is utter nonsense.