Jets Expected To Be Sellers At Trade Deadline

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

You are right, it is a 3rd option. But for a team that has waited 50 years for a franchise QB to move him for a roll of the dice in draft picks would be my final straw.

The QB is so important, I believe we have that piece. Please for the love of my sanity don't throw it away for a lesser prospect.

Here's how bad we screwed up the first two, probably 3 years of his deal.

After all these years of hoping for a good young QB, trading that same young QB and our All Pro Safety is really the best way to jump start a rebuild of this mess. Because good luck rebuilding with his second contract on our books.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

And yet, he still doesn’t make any plays that might alter the outcome of the games, nor has his presence improved the defense by way of standard or advanced metrics, or obviously, wins.

You have to evolve from this very rudimentary argument if you want to convince someone who isn't a moron.

Tackling players behind the LOS causing a punt is effecting the game...  sacking the QB is effecting the game... breaking up passes effects the game..  playing with high intensity every series effects the game.

He dernt has teh interseptionz is an idiotic position that is frankly beneath you.  I expect more from you.

do.better.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

You have to evolve from this very rudimentary argument if you want to convince someone who isn't a moron.

Tackling players behind the LOS causing a punt is affecting the game...  sacking the QB is affecting the game... breaking up passes affects the game..  playing with high intensity every series affects the game.

He dernt has teh interseptionz is an idiotic position that is frankly beneath you.  I expect more from you.

do.better.

I wonder if we can get anything for you. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

And yet, he still doesn’t make any plays that might alter the outcome of the games, nor has his presence improved the defense by way of standard or advanced metrics, or obviously, wins.

I get it... you think he is trash but yet people that actually study and measure the performance of every single player in the game say he is one of the best out there so there is that... 

57 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually there's a third, but everyone is tap dancing around the elephant in the room.

Next season will be Darnold's third. By the end of it the Jets are going to have a decision. Should we pay him the 40+ million per year it's going to take to sign him to a second contract?

This has nothing to do with how Darnold would be performing. Lets say he's playing really well, but the team is still far from contending. Do you want to invest $250-300 million on him?

You want to tear this down again, moving the QB has to be in the conversation.

We dont have to make any decision regarding darnold till after his 5th year in the league.  See jameis winston/marcus mariotta.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

6 years $270M is not out of the realm of possibility

Yep, but I think that would be a huge home team discount. If I'm his agent, I'm asking more years, and more dollars. With an option for him to renegotiate after 4 or 5 years.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We dont have to make any decision regarding darnold till after his 5th year in the league.  See jameis winston/marcus mariotta.

Yeah but if you wait that long, he'd be a fool not to test the market. The latest you really have is the end of his 4th year, and that's pushing it. His agent isn't picking up the phone after that.

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Here's how bad we screwed up the first two, probably 3 years of his deal.

After all these years of hoping for a good young QB, trading that same young QB and our All Pro Safety is really the best way to jump start a rebuild of this mess. Because good luck rebuilding with his second contract on our books.

if Darnold does enough to earn a big second contract that is the best thing that would happen to this franchise in its history. 

this narrative that you can only win with a rookie deal QB is absurd. It amounts to one additional high paid player on the team. What would you rather have, and elite veteran QB or a solid rookie + extra good  player at another position? 

besides, the new CBA will make this all moot

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I'd trade any or all of those three but *only* if we get fair value.

Robbie - 3rd round

Leo - 2nd round

Adams 2nd (2020) and a 2nd (2021)

And I wouldn't eat any of their salaries as part of the deal.

A 2nd rounder for Leo??  HA!!  We might have to give someone our 2nd rounder for them to take him.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Tackling players behind the LOS causing a punt is effecting the game...  sacking the QB is effecting the game... breaking up passes effects the game..  playing with high intensity every series effects the game.

do.better.

Ah, tackles for loss and sacks.  I do fondly remember the time he did one of those two things once this season.

I was told we shouldn't worry about his pass defense because he's a strong safety though?

Interestingly, you thinking, "He dernt has teh interseptionz" is my position, is sort of exactly what I expect from you, though.

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I'd trade any or all of those three but *only* if we get fair value.

Robbie - 3rd round

Leo - 2nd round

Adams 2nd (2020) and a 2nd (2021)

And I wouldn't eat any of their salaries as part of the deal.

LMAO.  OK.  We should probably get a number-taking machine for the line of NFL GM's that'll be calling at those 'player rates'.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, nico002 said:

if Darnold does enough to earn a big second contract that is the best thing that would happen to this franchise in its history. 

this narrative that you can only win with a rookie deal QB is absurd. It amounts to one additional high paid player on the team. What would you rather have, and elite veteran QB or a solid rookie + extra good  player at another position? 

besides, the new CBA will make this all moot

The new CBA is a good point, I was just thinking about that. I don't think it will make this moot, though. It will just increase the amount of money every player will ask for.

I agree with you when you say Darnold playing well would be the best thing that could happen, but this entire discussion is based on a scenario where the Jets are getting rid of any player who has value, not the level of Darnold's play.

Darnold, Adams, Mosely and Bell have the most value, in that order. If you truly want to load up for a rebuild, those are the names you have to talk about.

It sounds great to say, "yeah lets get rid of everybody and get lots of draft picks". But then you're left with no good players, only picks. At best it will take a few years to rebuild the team. 

Would Darnold be able to perform well with no talent around him? Would he want to stick around and hope the rebuild is a success?

Finally, if the team is still in a bad way, is it worth it to sign him to a record breaking deal, even if he would?

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually there's a third, but everyone is tap dancing around the elephant in the room.

Next season will be Darnold's third. By the end of it the Jets are going to have a decision. Should we pay him the 40+ million per year it's going to take to sign him to a second contract?

This has nothing to do with how Darnold would be performing. Lets say he's playing really well, but the team is still far from contending. Do you want to invest $250-300 million on him?

You want to tear this down again, moving the QB has to be in the conversation.

"Snowflake" of the Thread Award" goes to @Rolloffjet for butt fumbling the above post instead of having the s to quote it.

Apparently my hypothetical "butt hurt" his sensitive feelings. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Obviously, you do not get it.

I get it... to be drafted where he was he needs to be ed reed of impact plays... that's not his game... still doesn't disprove my point that the league uses these metrics that are used to determine good and bad players... Jamal Adams is worth #1 draft pick and more IMO to these organizations that use metrics as well as eye candy to judge players

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok lets say you guys are Joe Douglas. I'm Darnold's agent. I'm calling you at the end of next season, and here's what I'm telling you. 

"Joe, my client will be 25 at the end of his rookie deal. I'll give you a hometown discount if you get the deal done right now. 12 years and $500 million. You have your QB for his entire career, and Sam has the security he wants. Otherwise we test the market."

What do you do?

Could you possibly come up with a dumber scenario? Darnold's second contract will be based on his performance on the field. If there is not enough there to extend him after year 3 then he plays on his rookie contract and you exercise his 5th year option. There is NO scenario where Darnold gets FQB money without showing he is a FQB.

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

"Snowflake" of the Thread Award" goes to @Rolloffjet for butt fumbling the above post instead of having the s to quote it.

So you call me out. Then go and butt fumble like 3 of my post who cares. The reason why I but fumble this is because it took us years to get a franchise qb especially like you say that he’s playing well but team is not. And you would trade him for picks. Fu*k that . Don’t care if he’s the highest paid qb in league if he’s playing well,even though the team by chance is bad. Do u know how hard it is for us to find a good franchise qb in this league and your azz wants to trade him off for picks f that. Just because I don’t like what you said does not make me a snow ❄️ as you said. In

this league you can’t win with out a qb we have that that’s the only thing keeping me sane right now and you would trade him if he doing well for picks. I maybe a snow ❄️ but your a crack head 

dave chappelle omg GIF

• Haha 1

We should do a poll for 14 in green 

who would trade a franchise qb doing well in his contract year if team is playing bad.because you have to pay him. You don’t trade a qb you build around him. Don’t care how bad a team is if your qb is playing well you have hope. Wtf are picks going to do but be used up to trade up for a qb that you hope will play good? 

Who cares how much you pay a franchise qb. If he’s good he will get paid that’s why qb is the highest paid position in nfl. But hey he’s not #1 so get picks while you can is a bs argument 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rolloffjet said:

We should do a poll for 14 in green 

who would trade a franchise qb doing well in his contract year if team is playing bad.because you have to pay him. You don’t trade a qb you build around him. Don’t care how bad a team is if your qb is playing well you have hope. Wtf are picks going to do but be used up to trade up for a qb that you hope will play good? 

Who cares how much you pay a franchise qb. If he’s good he will get paid that’s why qb is the highest paid position in nfl. But hey he’s not #1 so get picks while you can is a bs argument 

Only Jets fans freak out when a player earns a big contract here. Oh no, he played well now we have to pay value for performance. The last thing worrying Jets fans should be overpaying. Our problem is convincing talent to let us overpay it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually, this right here is the salty softest thing in the thread. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Actually, this right here is the salty softest thing in the thread. 

Maybe you're right. I'm sure you or @CTMhave never called out someone for butt fumbling, correct?

I'm not going to lie, there is nothing that annoys me more then the guy who adds nothing to the conversation, just butt fumbles and moves on. What kind of a board would this be if everyone did that?

I'd respect him more if he simply quoted me the first time with the same post he did after I called him a snowflake instead of just leaving the butt fumble, but that's me..

Even in real life I'd rather be the guy who engages the person I don't agree with face to face instead of the one who whispers behind his back. That's why I'm giving your snark the courtesy of a response instead or simply responding with snark of my own.

• Thumb Down 2

This team cannot be delusional; to think acquiring players like Ramsey or some other top tier player will make a difference right now.    Whats needed is acquiring draft capital and making smart picks that will help rebuild this team.