Jets Expected To Be Sellers At Trade Deadline

Just now, UnknownJetFan said:

Yea, what to we have to sell?. Our best 2 players are our punter and long snapper. Can we get even a 3-4th rounder for Leo or Robby?. We can then just promote up someone from the practice squad in their place that won't be much of a droppoff.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Click on that I cannot copy and paste the article the site blocks you from doing so, they mention trading BELL............

• Upvote 1

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/news/jets-looking-be-sellers-trade-deadline

The Jets might shed some big-name players before the NFL's Oct. 29 trade deadline.

According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, Jets general manager Joe Douglas is willing to trade some high-priced players as he looks to build a long-term contender.

Two players La Canfora reported are available are defensive lineman Leonard Williams and guard Kelechi Osemele.

WIlliams has not lived up to the hype that accompanied him when he was drafted sixth overall in 2015 out of USC. He has just 17 career sacks and enters Sunday's game against the Eagles with no sacks and seven tackles this year.
The Jets acquired Oseleme in a March trade with the Raiders, but that was when former GM Mike Maccagnan was still calling the shots. Osemele has been battling knee issues this season, but he's a two-time Pro Bowler and former All-Pro who is only 30 years old. 

Sources told CBS the Jets would likely have to eat some salary if they dealt those players. Williams is making $14.2 million in the final year of his rookie deal. Osemele, who is signed through 2020, is earning $9.7 million this season.

The Jets also likely want to move on from cornerback Trumaine Johnson, who signed a five-year, $72.5 million contract in March 2018 but lost his starting job after Week 1 this season. But rival general managers told CBS they believe the Jets will have a difficult time finding a taker for Johnson, even if they picked up some of his $8 million salary.

After Maccagnan's firing, there were reports saying coach Adam Gase wasn't in favor of offering Le'Veon Bell the four-year, $52.5 million deal he signed in March. But La Canfora reported Sunday he has not heard anything to suggest the Jets are looking to trade the three-time Pro Bowl running back.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/news/jets-looking-be-sellers-trade-deadline

The Jets might shed some big-name players before the NFL's Oct. 29 trade deadline.

According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, Jets general manager Joe Douglas is willing to trade some high-priced players as he looks to build a long-term contender.

Two players La Canfora reported are available are defensive lineman Leonard Williams and guard Kelechi Osemele.

WIlliams has not lived up to the hype that accompanied him when he was drafted sixth overall in 2015 out of USC. He has just 17 career sacks and enters Sunday's game against the Eagles with no sacks and seven tackles this year.
The Jets acquired Oseleme in a March trade with the Raiders, but that was when former GM Mike Maccagnan was still calling the shots. Osemele has been battling knee issues this season, but he's a two-time Pro Bowler and former All-Pro who is only 30 years old. 

Sources told CBS the Jets would likely have to eat some salary if they dealt those players. Williams is making $14.2 million in the final year of his rookie deal. Osemele, who is signed through 2020, is earning $9.7 million this season.

The Jets also likely want to move on from cornerback Trumaine Johnson, who signed a five-year, $72.5 million contract in March 2018 but lost his starting job after Week 1 this season. But rival general managers told CBS they believe the Jets will have a difficult time finding a taker for Johnson, even if they picked up some of his $8 million salary.

After Maccagnan's firing, there were reports saying coach Adam Gase wasn't in favor of offering Le'Veon Bell the four-year, $52.5 million deal he signed in March. But La Canfora reported Sunday he has not heard anything to suggest the Jets are looking to trade the three-time Pro Bowl running back.

THANK YOU 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

If true it makes sense. Give Douglas as much draft capital as possible to remake the roster going forward. 

almost worth it to clear cap space - not like Leo, Ose, and Tru are contributing their share of the cap $$$

and I would want Gase fired before any discussions on trading Bell - Lev is the only player on the team showing effort and heart

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well I would like to see this happen but who is going to give anything of value for Leo or Osmelly? Robbie? Maybe you get something for Bell but why trade your only legit player?

magic 8 ball GIF by Matt Cutshall

Because they don’t think Darnold is playing until Christmas 

So this all stems from 

Douglas is trying to turn the perpetually middling club into a long-term winner and, sources said, is willing to get creative to do it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-turning-into-sellers-on-trade-market-after-offseason-as-big-spenders/

Doesn't seem like a very solid source here. Likely just speculation based on what would make sense.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh, so they knew he wasnt going to start today?  Or does your story change with every defense, i mean post?

Well they have to have someone come to the games don't they? You think they will get less or more attendance if Darnold is completely ruled out?

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because they don’t think Darnold is playing until Christmas 

I agree. Sam is not going to see the field until at least November IMO. Even that is not a lock.

Glad to hear we are sellers. We may just got 3rd picks. But something is better than nothing. Get what we can from guys who shouldn't factor into this team in the next 2 or 3 years. 

We essentially traded a 6th for Osemele. I cant see us getting anything better than that since he hasn't proven a thing. Osemele for a 6th or 7th. 

The Eagles were trying to trade for Robby last year. Supposedly they offered a 4th. He's a free agent this year. Best I see is a 5th for Robby.

Leonard Williams. I cant think of a comparable trade at the moment. He's not getting us much. I'd be happy with a 4th round pick. 

Those are just my expectations. A 4th, 5th and 6th doesn't seem like much. But we can trade those types of pick for guys like Hairston and Lewis, etc. Or use them to take more shots in the draft. 

We are going to have to cut Trumaine to move on from him. I cant see us getting anything for him. 

• Upvote 1

If they trade Le'V Bell, I will... I will...

I don't effing know...

If I haven't disowned this stupid franchise yet, I probably never will.

He is one of only two reasons they are worth watching right now.  And the other has mono.  But the guy with mono needs him... not just this year, but next year too.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well I would like to see this happen but who is going to give anything of value for Leo or Osmelly? Robbie? Maybe you get something for Bell but why trade your only legit player?

magic 8 ball GIF by Matt Cutshall

Leo isnt a star, is a disappointment considering where he was picked, and is not an impact pass rusher.

But he is excellent against the run, and if there is a team that needs help in that area to contend for a SB run, he is worth a 3rd round pick. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Leo isnt a star, is a disappointment considering where he was picked, and is not an impact pass rusher.

But he is excellent against the run, and if there is a team that needs help in that area to contend for a SB run, he is worth a 3rd round pick. 

200.gif

37 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'd be on board for trading Bell, but only because I've grown to like him and he deserves better than the Jets.

That’s how I feel. I love him as a player and he won’t be in our long term plans. We are YEARS away because of such poor management by Mac. He deserves better and we need the draft capital to build a basic foundation.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm excited.  Our 3rd consecutive rebuild is about to begin!

Well it’s interesting because maybe it’s the 3rd rebuild but I argue we never got remotely close to being built. I think we are in year 7 of the rebuild which technically started with Idzik. The rebuild never ended.