Darnold is Back; So is Herndon

Chris Herndon, Sam Darnold

Sam Darnold is back and he’s better than ever. Well the last part is certainly what Jets fans are hoping for. After watching an offense that has been offensive this season, it seems realistic that Darnold would provide an immediate boost. He has been cleared for contact and will start for the Jets on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys at Metlife Stadium.

He's back. pic.twitter.com/tftCZc8Lmx

— New York Jets (@nyjets) October 8, 2019

Per the NY Jets, Sam is cleared to start Sunday when they host the Cowboys. https://t.co/yYp9sT5ceL pic.twitter.com/sSM5xfSgpc

— JetNation.com (@JetNation) October 8, 2019

With the team sitting at 0 and 4 the news hasn’t been good lately. That might be changing as tight end Chris Herndon will also be returning from his four game suspension. Herndon had 502 receiving yards in his rookie year with four touchdowns. He will be another welcome addition to an offense that has seen more 3 and outs than anybody ever wants to see.

You can read more and see fan reaction in our forums; Sam Darnold cleared for contact.

The post Darnold is Back; So is Herndon appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
0mtZ8SMmsng

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2

The one thing this offense has been missing (besides well, an offense in general) is a TE who can cause mismatch problems.  Herndon automatically fills that need.  We've been using Montgomery and Crowder on those short chucks and they are always bodied before they can either catch it or make a quick gain.  Getting Herndon back is huge.

7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I could be wrong but I’ve heard he’s hurt and could potentially not play to aggravate it. I can’t prove anything because it was told to me. 

yeah... just what this board needs.  Posters posting unsubstantiated rumors that they "heard" somewhere.  Thanks for the input.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

23 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I could be wrong but I’ve heard he’s hurt and could potentially not play to aggravate it. I can’t prove anything because it was told to me. 

Where did you hear? A player? An Agent? The Janitor? The Coach? a Reporter? Because this looks like a bunch of BS to me

Edited by The Voice of Reason
He was right, I was wrong
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I was once told; there is place in France where the naked ladies dance and there is a hole in the wall where you can see it all.

I cant confirm it because it’s word of mouth but I believe them.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

What’s this rumor of Herndon being hurt, @Samtorobby47 ?

23 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Oh for f*ck’s sake, please be false 

23 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I’ve heard absolutely nothing about this besides from that guy.

23 hours ago, Losmeister said:

seems like it is his very own rumor..

""It's going to be more about getting them (copeland as well) out in practice, kind of seeing where they're at," Gase said"

23 hours ago, freestater said:

You cant prove that Herndon isn't gonna not play!

@Samtorobby47 Won't say where he heard it.  He has no leg to stand on to this rumor he just generated himself. No beat writer has it... Nobody has mentioned it... He is just a blow hard... Is that you IB ?

Another bright spot: Tight end Chris Herndon returned to the team this week, too, now that his four-game suspension is up. That’s another big addition to the offensive side of the ball.

For what it’s worth, outside linebacker Brandon Copeland’s suspension is finished as well. He’ll help bolster Gregg Williams’ defense, though that half of the team has actually fared surprisingly well through four games.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/10/jets-sam-darnold-mono-finally-cleared-will-he-play-week-6-vs-cowboys.html?outputType=amp

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Well this looks dumb now
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The one thing this offense has been missing (besides well, an offense in general) is a TE who can cause mismatch problems.  Herndon automatically fills that need.  We've been using Montgomery and Crowder on those short chucks and they are always bodied before they can either catch it or make a quick gain.  Getting Herndon back is huge.

Since QE went down we should have been using Montgomery as our # 3 WR  instead of the jags he's been using or playing Crowder out of position.  One more card in the "I don't think Gase knows what he is doing" deck.   

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Since QE went down we should have been using Montgomery as our # 3 WR  instead of the jags he's been using or playing Crowder out of position.  One more card in the "I don't think Gase knows what he is doing" deck.   

I think by using Montgomery that way we end up with Crowder out of his best position which is the slot.

Essentially, losing Enunwa caused the Jets to not have their preferred WR2 AND WR3 in the ideal spots.  I'd really like to see D. Thomas make some progress....he had 4 catches on Sunday vs. the Eagles but he still didn't look 100%.  I honestly believe that the best Wide Receiver set we can put on the field right now would be Robby Anderson at WR1, Demaryius Thomas at WR2 and Crowder in the Slot with both Bell and Herndon on the field.  Those are 5 solid options in the passing game for a QB like Darnold who can actually get the ball to players.

Like usual, it will all come down to the OLine though IMO.

I dont dismiss fan inside rumors easily.

He might be hurt.   I have had two instances where inside fan knowledge was available to me.  One which turned out to be 100% correct weeks before any news source had it. The Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey trade out of Denver.  Nobody had a hint of it.  My friend was dating the Bowlen's family housekeeper.

And the other, while not proven, can reasonably be assumed to be accurate based on common sense.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I dont dismiss fan inside rumors easily.

He might be hurt.   I have had two instances where inside fan knowledge was available to me.  One which turned out to be 100% correct weeks before any news source had it. The Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey trade out of Denver.  Nobody had a hint of it.  My friend was dating the Bowlen's family housekeeper.

And the other, while not proven, can reasonably be assumed to be accurate based on common sense.

I get it... Could be true... although based on his comments in his history, there is nothing that proves he has any inside knowledge.