Herndon is hurt

jetstream23

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

What are you basing that on exactly?   His 28 total receptions in 3 years at WVU playing for an offense that throws the ball 500 times per season?   He’s not the most natural at catching the ball, he looks like he fights the ball.  Declaring “he’ll be fine” is a bit of a stretch right now.  

Better way to put it would be--

Jets have been flat out wrong with assessing 80% of our draft picks... what on god's green earth gives you (or anyone) the impression that Wesco is who we want to be. Elementary math suggests he's likely a piece of sh*t. We've not scouted and developed a single Skill player... not a single god damn one... Even Enunwa had to fight off being captain alligator arms for his first 2 years. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Better way to put it would be--

Jets have been flat out wrong with assessing 80% of our draft picks... what on god's green earth gives you (or anyone) the impression that Wesco is who we want to be. Elementary math suggests he's likely a piece of sh*t. We've not scouted and developed a single Skill player... not a single god damn one... Even Enunwa had to fight off being captain alligator arms for his first 2 years. 

Terrible evaluators that they are going to feel the effects of for another year or two... Until JD can fully overhaul the roster. There was a pro scout that had 4 players that were completely undraftable in his evaluations. The Jets drafted 3 of them (Polite, Edoga, and Cashman)

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Terrible evaluators that they are going to feel the effects of for another year or two... Until JD can fully overhaul the roster. There was a pro scout that had 4 players that were completely undraftable in his evaluations. The Jets drafted 3 of them (Polite, Edoga, and Cashman)

Based on Cashman alone that's a bad pro scout.....Edoga is still TBD (4 games in)..And I'd bet the undraftable was based on his off-field issues..So far, as far as we know, he's been fine. For those that don't know he witnessed his father getting shot and killed as a kid

Bob McGinn: “Fourth-year senior. “He’s got talent,” said one scout. “It’s the makeup stuff. Is he going to be willing to do the things it takes to maximize what his skill set is? He’s got a starter’s skill set.” Flunked a drug test in 2015, ejected for pushing an official in September 2016 and suspended for a game that October for violating team rules. His Nigerian father was murdered in front of him in Africa. Has taken himself out of games at crucial times. “He is 100% a character risk,” said a second scout. “I would never draft that guy. He’s got the second best feet in the draft but he is a (bleep).” Highest Wonderlic of the tackles (34). Long arms (34 ¾).”

32 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He's wrong on Cashman and may be wrong on Edoga.

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We drafted him what that does that tell you.   Ryan Griffin is the best we could do currently, 

Yes, Mac drafted him, but we have beat that topic to death... Sign Ben Watson for 2 weeks so he can get revenge against the team that let him go.  Because if this is a real Hammy, Herndon is probably out 4+ weeks.

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes, Mac drafted him, but we have beat that topic to death... Sign Ben Watson for 2 weeks so he can get revenge against the team that let him go.  Because if this is a real Hammy, Herndon is probably out 4+ weeks.

Sign any TE available i'm sure they could do better than 5 catches for 17 yards in 4 games. 

17 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

He's wrong on Cashman and may be wrong on Edoga.

You are correct... I understand... Cashman was undraftable because of the shoulder injuries. Polite and Edoga were because of character concerns... Taking plays off, not sure how invested in football they are.

The point is that a pro scout had certain players as UNDRAFTABLE... not even pushing them down the board... but Do Not Draft... and the Jets took 3 of them... Right or wrong about the scout and his evaluation. Don't you find that a little absurd?

39 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Based on Cashman alone that's a bad pro scout.....Edoga is still TBD (4 games in)..And I'd bet the undraftable was based on his off-field issues..So far, as far as we know, he's been fine. For those that don't know he witnessed his father getting shot and killed as a kid

Bob McGinn: “Fourth-year senior. “He’s got talent,” said one scout. “It’s the makeup stuff. Is he going to be willing to do the things it takes to maximize what his skill set is? He’s got a starter’s skill set.” Flunked a drug test in 2015, ejected for pushing an official in September 2016 and suspended for a game that October for violating team rules. His Nigerian father was murdered in front of him in Africa. Has taken himself out of games at crucial times. “He is 100% a character risk,” said a second scout. “I would never draft that guy. He’s got the second best feet in the draft but he is a (bleep).” Highest Wonderlic of the tackles (34). Long arms (34 ¾).”

Cashman was not because of play... The Do Not Draft was because of the multiple shoulder surgeries and the feeling he has a short life span in the NFL because of those injuries.

Edoga and Polite were character concerns because they did not seem invested in football. Take too many plays off etc.

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You are correct... I understand... Cashman was undraftable because of the shoulder injuries. Polite and Edoga were because of character concerns... Taking plays off, not sure how invested in football they are.

The point is that a pro scout had certain players as UNDRAFTABLE... not even pushing them down the board... but Do Not Draft... and the Jets took 3 of them... Right or wrong about the scout and his evaluation. Don't you find that a little absurd?

you could probably add Bless Austin to that.....

how many scouts are out there 7-8 a team?  so 250+?  I'd like to see each scout's opinion on each draft eligible player and let's see what the % is of hits..look at the % of UDFA that make it to NFL rosters..I think it's around 20%

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

you could probably add Bless Austin to that.....

how many scouts are out there 7-8 a team?  so 250+?  I'd like to see each scout's opinion on each draft eligible player and let's see what the % is of hits..look at the % of UDFA that make it to NFL rosters..I think it's around 20%

We could have had Joe Benigno make every pick from Mel Kiper's Best Available list over the past decade and the Jets would be a vastly better team.

I know how absurd that sounds and I will still die on that hill because if you look at 2010 to now... it's true. 

6 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Jesus ****in christ

Qbs with mono, guys not in actual games getting injured

Its like Gase wants to make sure he has something to blame his losses on. None of these guys except Darnold seem like they should still be missing games.

5 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Its like Gase wants to make sure he has something to blame his losses on. None of these guys except Darnold seem like they should still be missing games.

OMG... Seriously, you guys are insufferable and hijack every thread to talk about how bad you think Gase is... Can we try not to hijack every ******* thread with this nonsense... The coach hasn't even been able to have 1 game yet with a healthy 1st string QB... Wtf

24 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

OMG... Seriously, you guys are insufferable and hijack every thread to talk about how bad you think Gase is... Can we try not to hijack every ******* thread with this nonsense... The coach hasn't even been able to have 1 game yet with a healthy 1st string QB... Wtf

May be so but he still sucks azz

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

What are you basing that on exactly?   His 28 total receptions in 3 years at WVU playing for an offense that throws the ball 500 times per season?   He’s not the most natural at catching the ball, he looks like he fights the ball.  Declaring “he’ll be fine” is a bit of a stretch right now.  

It's based on the fact that 26 of his 28 receptions were caught his senior year and I saw enough of them to know he has decent hands.

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Based on all the games you watched him coach with his first string QB that's healthy... 

Because he is a winning HC in that scenario

This is such a stupid stat.  He is a winning coach when his starting qb plays.  Hahahahahaha.  Only delusional jet fans would mention this.

A good coach should be able to win games regardless.  Look at ron rivera, looks at sean payton, look at doug pederson, look at doug marrone.

The fact that he can only win when everything goes right shows what a limited coach he really is.

Archived