Andy Slater: Gase told before game he'd be fired if they lost.

18 minutes ago, prime21 said:

The team is in such shambles that every coach out there that every available coach should be hesitant to come aboard.  McCarthy?  He would go to a better situation if available.  A top college coach will want mega dollars to coach here.  Gase needs to go but the future coach may be another scab.

this is why you get the reporting structure correct and let football guys in your org meaning Douglas get the coach they want. Douglas must have a vision for this team and what he expects the next coach needs to be in the framework and share the vision so the type of players and style will be recognized. The minute Sam went down we should have went big with running the ball and passw ehn needed or to keep the other team off balance. that should have shortened the games. You have 3 running back so alternate so you dont wear them down but runbloacking is lining up and hitting the guy before you. 

Move Wesco to full back to lead block and see what happens, it helps Sam because you mask the pass behind those runs in those formations and take the pressure from him.  Short passes with crossing routes . 2 Tes, 2 receivers, 1 rb , then you move Wesco or whomever the blocking TE is from full back to to wing or visa versa.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Well it is past 10:00 am.  I guess the story was bullspit.  Too bad.  I'd be very happy to pick Gase up at the facility and drop him off at Newark airport for his flight to oblivion.

It may turn out to be bullsh*t but I think @Skeptable nailed this guys source a few posts back. He has broken big sports news in the past where medical emergencies happened - look at his wiki. Explains the chest pain part of the tweet.

Not ruling it out yet. There's smoke here and it's totally within the realm of possibility given the circumstances.

That said, it seems like it would be really odd timing to tell Gase this while EMTs were taking care of someone before the game.  ?‍♂️

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It may turn out to be bullsh*t but I think @Skeptable nailed this guys source a few posts back. He has broken big sports news in the past where medical emergencies happened - look at his wiki. Explains the chest pain part of the tweet.

Not ruling it out yet. There's smoke here and it's totally within the realm of possibility given the circumstances.

That said, it seems like it would be really odd timing to tell Gase this while EMTs were taking care of someone before the game.  ?‍♂️

so random

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

Well it is past 10:00 am.  I guess the story was bullspit.  Too bad.  I'd be very happy to pick Gase up at the facility and drop him off at Newark airport for his flight to oblivion.

Chris Johnson is dumb and weak

Ofcourse it’s bs

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

If we bring in another coach for the rest of the season the new coach will be ruined and stepping into a disaster. Might as make Gase see it thru and suffer and put up with a lot of crap and deal with it.  We will see what this guy is made of. So far it’s jello!

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The original report didn't say he'd be fired immediately. It just said he'd be fired, which could mean the decision to fire him at the end of the season has already been made. 

wish.gif.1ea3446be6c78232a6f0a4a4c9a8bab9.gif

Well then, he will certainly be fired, or resign or retire at some point in his Jet career. So, they were likely right.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Andy Slater has been taken off my list of successful people.  Fake news.

Exactly.  To make such a bold statement that will be proved utterly false so easily was not a smart move for his reputation.  Better to have said "Gase was told that if they lose to Miami he would be fired at the end of the season" at least by the time the season ended, if he was wrong, the statement would've been forgotten.

4 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

Exactly.  To make such a bold statement that will be proved utterly false so easily was not a smart move for his reputation.  Better to have said "Gase was told that if they lose to Miami he would be fired at the end of the season" at least by the time the season ended, if he was wrong, the statement would've been forgotten.

Sounds like he got this one wrong, but I don't think he just made this up. It sounds like the medical event he talked about probably happened. I think his source probably told him this happened. It's possible it did, but the firing didn't occur yet. It's also possible his source misheard or misrepresented something.

He has a history of breaking sports news where a medical event occurs. That's not a coincidence.

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sounds like he got this one wrong, but I don't think he just made this up. It sounds like the medical event he talked about probably happened. I think his source probably told him this happened. It's possible it did, but the firing didn't occur yet. It's also possible his source misheard or misrepresented something.

He has a history of breaking sports news where a medical event occurs. That's not a coincidence.

I don't think he made it up either, but to put his reputation on the line from a questionable source doesn't speak well of him.