Where else would Robbie Anderson be a #1 WR?

Jetster

Where else would Daryl Roberts be a #1 CB? 

Where else would Chuma Edoga be a starting LT? 

Where else would Brian Winters be a starting RG? 

Where else would Ryan Griffin be a starting TE? 

Where else would Lewis (considered a backup in Baltimore), Harrison (Kalil was brought in for a reason), or Brandon Shell be starting in this league? 

We just traded 1 of maybe 4 guys on defense that could start for another team in this league in Leo because that's how desperate Joe Douglas is for draft picks to work with in 2020. 

Let it sink in. There are 32 teams in this league & we have just a handful of guys that would start on ANY OF THEM. I'm choosing to accept where we are, hope we can pick high enough for a tradeback haul & come to grips with the fact that everything will rest on how Joe Douglas drafts, signs free agents and constructs my New York Jets over the next 3 years. It might take that long to truly compete if things go right for him. We could see an uptick next year with guys back healthy. I just want to see a team that gets BETTER as the year progresses & gives us some hope for the future. 

Just keeping it real. I'm at at peace with it.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

Honestly, this team needs a better program to keep its players healthy.  There are several players injured who would start for other teams.  Tough to expect our backups we knew were bad to start for other teams. 

I said a "HANDFUL" let me know the others? 

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

Honestly, this team needs a better program to keep its players healthy.  There are several players injured who would start for other teams.  Tough to expect our backups we knew were bad to start for other teams. 

That's the point. 3 guys are on IR that would start for other teams & only 1 is a star player (MLB CJ Mosely). Enunwas career should be over, we have no idea yet what will become of Avery Williamson? He's relatively cheap so I think Douglas keeps him after seeing us go down 5 deep with injuries at MLB this year 7 games in. 

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

basically the gist of the how to recuperate/rebuild an NFL team post using Falcons as an example...

We know this about Joe Douglas, he will do everything in his power to fix the Oline. It's the #1 priority. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We know this about Joe Douglas, he will do everything in his power to fix the Oline. It's the #1 priority. 

true. however, look at the Brownies...  Landry and OBJ and a good/decent runblock OL, a bottom third passpro OL

and Baker is still at like 40 QBR. Just not that good. Same may be true for BackfootBabySeeinGhostSam. (35 QBR,....45 last yr)

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

true. however, look at the Brownies...  Landry and OBJ and a good/decent runblock OL, a bottom third passpro OL

and Baker is still at like 37 QBR. Just not that good. Same may be true for BackfootBabySeeinGhostSam.

I just think Sam needs an offseason reset with his fundamentals, a revamped Oline, a True go get the the ball #1 WR & a stern talking to about throwing the ball away instead of trying to win every play. 

You get Bell going next year, add another WR with Herndon back, Crowder things will just naturally fall into place. NOTHING went right this year. The last thing this thin azz terrible squad needed was injuries across the board. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Sam needs an offseason reset with his fundamentals

as in the pre-draft crits i pasted...   these were NEVER SET...   he has always had shoddy footwork

and made too many arm throws, and thrown INTS at a one a game rate....

notice how all the Sam support wouldnt bite on my 2:1 td/int ratio bet offer?

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Where else would Lewis (considered a backup in Baltimore), Harrison (Kalil was brought in for a reason), or Brandon Shell be starting in this league? 

We just traded 1 of maybe 4 guys on defense that could start for another team in this league in Leo because that's how desperate Joe Douglas is for draft picks to work with in 2020. 

Let it sink in. There are 32 teams in this league & we have just a handful of guys that would start on ANY OF THEM. I'm choosing to accept where we are, hope we can pick high enough for a tradeback haul & come to grips with the fact that everything will rest on how Joe Douglas drafts, signs free agents and constructs my New York Jets over the next 3 years. It might take that long to truly compete if things go right for him. We could see an uptick next year with guys back healthy. I just want to see a team that gets BETTER as the year progresses & gives us some hope for the future. 

He would be a #1 anyplace with a franchise QB

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

all good points.  it's the main reason why gase is going to get a pass.  i don't think anyone realized the full extent of incompetence mac had as a gm.  except for darnold, adams, maye and maybe q williams mac left this team with very little.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

yup. Robby is a WR3/WR2....  who'd be in on all 3WR sets, and a smattering of 2WR sets.

and Winters has sucked/started forever...

and ever since he put on the uni i have called him out and been berated...  until now..

Oh poor, poor, pitiful you.  I am sure people berated you for just cause.  Brian Winters has been beaten up around here for ages.  Most of the board has been trying to replace Brian Winters since before his rookie deal was up.  Several of us wanted to try to re-up him cheap, others wanted to let him walk.  Nobody wanted to wait until the eve of free agency and give him a market price contract for a starting guard.  I know that Sperm and I have long diatribes on the subject. 

Stop acting like you were on the cutting edge of fandom because you don't like Brian Winters.  Brian Winters is a mediocre player that is always dinged.  There are plenty of worse players starting in the NFL.  He might actually be the best player on this offensive line.  That is the major problem.   

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Arron Rodgers can make anyone a #1 WR.

Aaron Rogers & Tom Brady are 2 of the best QBs to ever play the game. Yea, and Reggie White, Darrelle Revis, Ed Reed & a healthy CJ Mosely might make GW look a bit better. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

XFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you write paragraphs, i say phuk off, shrug.

Yes.  That adds so much to the conversation.  I am sorry reading a factual analysis detracts from your time spent patting yourself on the back for realizing that our poorly composed, talentless roster was lacking talent before the last three or four homers that woke up on Sunday.  I do enjoy reading your insults.  Are they written in Celtic?

• Haha 2

Robbie has been a big disappointment.

I was completely wrong about him, I thought he was a low level 1 or at least would be this year.  I thought he would evolve to a more well rounder receiver.

He's simply not strong enough - he gets pushed around way too easily to be a multi-dimensional receiver.

He's a 3...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

XFL.

Outside of a few players in unimportant positions, this roster is very similar to what was the old Europe NFL summer league looked like. 

Hell, watching Golden Tate physically 1 hand that ball on the goal line made me realize he's better than any WR the Jets have here including the oft injured reserve Enunwa. Our players STINK! Watch Redzone and you really understand this teams roster for the most part is an expansion team. Except we didn't have the opportunity to draft Tony Boselli. 

• Upvote 1