Quinnen Williams TRADE

Rob123

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I also responded to someone I view as a loser.

And how long did it take?  Let  me ask you- in your life have you  ever been on a date?

Notice how he is keeping it alive but can't come up with  any type of comeback.

• Thumb Down 5

1 minute ago, Rob123 said:

And how long did it take?  Let  me ask you- in your life have you  ever been on a date?

Notice how he is keeping it alive but can't come up with  any type of comeback.

The beauty of this is that in a fraction of your words I’m much more satisfied with my results.

14 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Williams is really good. It's the rest of the line that sucks. If Shepherd and Phillips and Fatukasi were actually any good, McLendon and Anderson wouldn't be starting hurt. If we had a pass rusher and anybody else who could play nose tackle, Williams would be playing a lot more 3-technique and judging his numbers based on that would be reasonable. But as things stand most of his snaps are coming either at 1-technique or as one of only two down linemen. The Jets have been doing some really weird sh*t with defensive formations to compensate for the obvious personnel shortcomings and Williams has been a huge part of making it all work.

Image result for WHAT GIFS
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

We get it dude....you want to trade him.  I think some are extremely paranoid that he is Leo Williams 2.0.  Can we give the kid time?  He hasn’t been bad despite what some claim. He has dealt with injuries too.    Personally I would of been happy with Allen but I was absolutely fine with drafting Williams.  They aren’t trading the number 3 pick after 11 games so you might as well deal with it. 

lol

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

FFS you’re long winded. 

Why on earth did you quote that?

56 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

These my thoughts thread 

fuxking exhilarating.

I truly regret mine, and the title even more.

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Quinnen Williams will be one of the best defensive players in the league in the next few years.

After making some great progress, jet fans have reverted back to being morons again.

Spoken like a true fan of the Crimson Tide.

29 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Jesus.... this thread makes me want to vomit. Yes, trade a rookie 3rd round pick after 11 games or so.  that sounds brilliant. 

3rd round pick?  If we can get anything for Edoga we should take it!  Williams was #3 overall.  I'd consider it for multiple firsts.  Otherwise? **** that.

2 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

Number 9 was traded by Miami this past off season.  Brett Favre as well.

Brett Favre wasn't even a 1st rounder.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rob123 said:

No but if the Jets get a first rounder  as Miami did they will be a better team with whoever they take with the pick than they  are with Williams.

I think you should read what you just posted about a dozen times and then tell us the flaw in that statement lol

• Upvote 4

Just now, Rob123 said:

No but if the Jets get a first rounder  as Miami did they will be a better team with whoever they take with the pick than they  are with Williams.

How do you know that?  There is no way you could say that know...too small of sample size.  Again they aren’t trading him after 1 year UNLESS somebody offers a monster package or something 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm just going to go ahead and say what many of us are thinking. This is a giant block of ish that no one wants to read.

It’s mostly ish. 

In less words:

QW feels bust-like because he hasn’t performed up to expectations. If we can trade first rounders for him that’s great and helps us build around Darnold.

• Upvote 1

Just read the first 3 sentences. You don't trade Quinnen. You would gain almost nothing, and it costs almost nothing to keep him.

Also, take a look at the NFL team defense stats. You're not desperate to upgrade him. Let him learn.

It amazes me how one day "we suck at drafting" and the next we'll trade our high first after a year for a late day 2 or day 3 pick that's going to be gold.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rob123 said:

I go back and forth and often look at the Jet D and say "if it is not broke, don't fix it", hold off on trading anyone.  Then I look at Quinnen Williams and change my mind.  I might waiver but in reality I think the best move for the Jets would be to trade Williams.  I think there are a number of reasons why this just makes the most sense.

Look at the Jet defense and ask how much Quinnen Williams has contributed?  It is safe to say the Jet defense is very good and Quinnen Williams has not been a big contributor or factor.  He has provided the production one would expect from a third or fourth round pick and not the number 3 pick in the draft.  That said his play is certainly not hurting them and my argument for trading him is they don't need much beyond what he providing.

Ask this question- if Williams becomes what his biggest defenders hope and pray he becomes- how much better does that make the Jet defense? CJ Mosely is not going anywhere and he is a force when he is on the field.  He will be back next  year to make this outstanding unit even better.  With where the Jets are now and a returning Mosely next year they certainly do not need Williams to get better to field a competitive team.  The Jets have an outstanding defense as long as they simply have an adequate DT. 

Right now Williams is giving you what many 3rd or 4th round DT's will give you.  I believe the Jets should consider trading him now especially for multiple picks in this draft because you can replace his production with a 3rd rounder, of which the Jets have an extra.  The Jets would be a better team in 2020- or certainly no worse- if they traded Williams for a first and third rounder and then replaced him with the 3rd rounder.  If the Jets can get a first rounder they can even use that on a DT in memorium of Idzik and Macagnan and spend the extra third rounder on a receiver or OL help.  There are multiple scenarios where the Jets are simply a better team with the return they would get for Williams than with him at DT.

If the Jets are a tremendous defense with Williams simply playing the position, then why not trade him, when his value is likely near its high point.

There are reasons beyond it making the team better.  A trade like this after what looks like a successful end of the season surge showing improvement might really boost the fanbase.  Taking Quinnen Williams at number 3 was a mistake.  The Jets did not need a defensive tackle, and especially didn't need to take one so high.  It was ridiculous not to address the OL after making a major trade to draft  Sam Darnold.  Quinnen Williams was not the player for the Jets to take at 3 and it would be nice if ownership made a move and said "we get it, bad decisions were made regarding player personal and we are doing what we can to move on from it".

I know, and respect, many want to stay positive but this was the wrong pick on so many levels.  The Jets selected Christian Hackenberg with a second round pick.  They passed on Mahomes and then they had to really pay a high price to move up to draft Darnold.  The Jets had no choice because they were looking for a franchise QB for 50 years.  They finally get one but had to pay a high price because FQBs are not cheap.  What happens if he gets injured?  Shouldn't protecting him from injury been priority 1?  Under the circumstances, an OL to protect Darnold from injury, acquiring picks to recoup what you traded and a player's readiness to contribute should have been the deciding factors in deciding what to do with that pick.   The number 3 was not the time to take a project player who needs time to develop.  The fact the preceding factors were not and Macagnan was so incompetent was a slap in the face to a fanbase that has been taken for granted by ownership for a very long time.  Ownership should do something that says "we get it, the wrong decisions were made".  Think about it- the only person who would draft Williams at 3 in the position the Jets were in was Macagnan- every other executive would have traded down or at least  drafted a position of need.  Everyone in Football expected the Jets to trade down because it made to sense to take Williams when you didn't have a second round pick.

The number 3 pick in the draft should contribute immediately.  Williams contributions have been minimal and there are questions as to him being a legitimate draft bust.  If the Jets can cut bait now and recoup a first rounder that could be used on productive offensive player they should do it.  Right now even if he is a bust, he still has value.  A team in the Jets position- with the players and personal they have now- can do a great deal with an additional first round draft pick at this time.  If the Jets get a first rounder for him and use it on a difference making receiver they would be a better team.  What makes the Jets better- Quinnen Williams at his full potential or Darnold with a number one receiver or sick OL comprised of 2 first round picks?   Based on the personal the Jets have now what makes them the best team- Williams at his full potential at DT or Darnold with a number 1 receiver or an impenetrable line that would also help Bell?

Look at Jadaveon Clowney- he was a high pick who never amounted to anything more than good player and certainly not worth the  top pick in the draft.  Nobody can predict the future and the idea it is a given that if given time Williams will turn into a force is simply not true.  Many arguments defending Williams come from people with this false belief that if a player is taken high in the draft  that means if given time they will eventually be a star.  This is not true and many top 5 picks never pan out.  I ask anyone who wants to keep Williams 2 questions 1)Point out what he has done and what part of his game make you feel he will improve.  They had a weight room at Alabama and he had access to one with the Jets- save the weights argument 2) Tell me what is different about Williams compared to other players who didn't pan out.  Also explain this one- if his performance is because of conditioning that means he is not in the best football shape.  Isn't this the sign of a draft bust?  Isn't a guy not being in the best condition to compete and excel after being chosen so high in the draft a sign of the player being a bust?

This is the New York market.  Quinnen Williams was the 3rd overall pick and has done nothing to live up to that.  As I said before- the poor start, the Darnold injury, the Macagnan mutiny and all the other bull early insulated questions about Quinnen Williams.  People were talking about the first year coach on the hot seat and not Williams failures.  The media and fans will be merciless and relentless if he does not perform.  If Williams can't deliver what is expected of a 3rd pick things will be miserable for him.  He would be better off being traded to the  Texans as a rookie where he would not have to deal with the failed expectations.  Like it or not based on how things stand right now Williams may be mentioned with guys like Vernon Gholston when it comes to all time draft busts.

I will close with this to those who say "he needs time to develop".  You don't draft  guys at #3 who need time to develop.  This was the wrong pick the way the Kyle Brady pick was the wrong one.

The real crime here is three people read enough of this to give a buttfumble

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 3

Waitaminute- just saw more of the OP in a quote - you think you can replace QW in the 3rd, AND you think that someone would give you a first and a third for him??

My god, at least make this plausible.

$500 says the OP has never had a fantasy trade offer accepted.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1