The Benglas O line

kevinc855

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This line is arguably the worst in the league. I fully expect to see Williams attack, attack, attack. AJ Green will be out again as well. They also suffered a season ending injury week at LG with Alex Redmond going down. 

What do you all expect? I want 8 sack game. 

Yeah, it's a good matchup for us. We're going to blitz, stuff the run and harass Dalton... If Finley was playing we'd have a chance for total domination, but I think Dalton makes a few plays... Definitely one we should win if the same team from the last three weeks shows up, however.

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Is their line the worst in the league because Pollack coached them so long??

Bengals fan here — and Frank Pollack only coached the offensive line in 2018.  His run blocking scheme was excellent — Joe Mixon led the AFC in rushing — but his pass blocking scheme almost got Andy Dalton hurt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, it's a good matchup for us. We're going to blitz, stuff the run and harass Dalton... If Finley was playing we'd have a chance for total domination, but I think Dalton makes a few plays... Definitely one we should win if the same team from the last three weeks shows up, however.

Even with Dalton the Jets should EASILY win this game. If that's going to happen the Jets must absolutely go into Cincy with respect for the Bengals and execute their game plan.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I am curious to see the run/pass ratio and types of playes we run off the get go...

We had some success v Oak running...   and Cinci is statistically poor.

I don't think this week changes anything. The Jets have an OL that is equally poor as the Bengals OL. I don't put any stock into Leveon Bell averaging 4 yards a carry in the Raiders game. The Jets will still get dominated when running the ball. This game will be won or lost on Sam Darnolds shoulder and good playcalling by Gase.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

I don't think this week changes anything. The Jets have an OL that is equally poor as the Bengals OL. I don't put any stock into Leveon Bell averaging 4 yards a carry in the Raiders game. The Jets will still get dominated when running the ball. This game will be won or lost on Sam Darnolds shoulder and good playcalling by Gase.

I think the point is the game could be won on the defensive side