"Adam Gase was held back by the awful Ryan Tannehill"

On 12/3/2019 at 2:59 PM, sec101row23 said:

This isn’t some defense of Gase but, the 3 years Gase was coach Tannehill only played in 24 games for Gase.  I don’t think people were saying Tannehill’s abilities were holding Gase back, it was just his availability.  

Notice how subtlety the narrative begins to shift. What I was creamed for on here before (Tannehill is a player) will eventually become “it was obvious.”

fascinating leonard nimoy GIF

Said it before and will say it again: sometimes being right just has to be its own reward.

• Upvote 3

On 12/6/2019 at 5:52 AM, nyjunc said:

Best rating, best completion percentage, only yr with winning record.  Some of the cumulative numbers weren't as good because he missed almost 4 games.

Sorry when you cant exclude yrs because of injuries by any metric he best yr was 2014 under Philbin. the other yrs he had 12 interceptions and missed games so don't you think his completions would drop and his interceptions would have gone up with more throws

5 hours ago, rammagen said:

Sorry when you cant exclude yrs because of injuries by any metric he best yr was 2014 under Philbin. the other yrs he had 12 interceptions and missed games so don't you think his completions would drop and his interceptions would have gone up with more throws

On 12/3/2019 at 9:02 AM, sec101row23 said:

2014 and 2015 were Tannehill’s best seasons.  They were not with Gase as HC.  

Never mind one would expect a QB (ok, a healthy QB) to get progressively better, with less frequent mistakes, as he gains more experience. Tannehill's interception rate rose over 50% after Gase took over. 

I think it helps illustrate a couple things that can give long-term optimism re: Darnold. 

1. There is still a lot of hope for Darnold, even with all his bad picks and ill-advised plays he's shown this year; Tannehill was doing that under Gase - after he'd already established himself as a good starter - with an eerily-similar interception percentage (3.1% and 3.3% for RT under Gase; 3.2% currently for Darnold, with their teams' respective protection and receiving talents not exactly being on par). 
  2. Though it's a common sentiment, a QB actually has the goods, he's not going to get ruined unless that ruination comes along with a career-altering physical injury. Some guys take longer to ripen; others just never had it despite the initial optimism as a prospect or occasional flashes.
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I hate Gase and think he should be fired today but Tannehill is just handing off to Derrick Henry who is crushing it and arguably the hottest rb in the league

granted, Marcus Mariota is a bust who couldn’t even do that competently

He's being put in situations to maximize his talents. In other words he is actually being coached

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

He had another great game yesterday.

Just wait though he can have 10 good games in a row but one stinker and the “I told you so’s” will be cacophonous.

Tannehill is basically the anti-Sam Darnold of JN.

On 12/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, jgb said:

Notice how subtlety the narrative begins to shift. What I was creamed for on here before (Tannehill is a player) will eventually become “it was obvious.”

fascinating leonard nimoy GIF

Said it before and will say it again: sometimes being right just has to be its own reward.

Bingo. I’ve gotten used to it over the years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Just wait though he can have 10 good games in a row but one stinker and the “I told you so’s” will be cacophonous.

Tannehill is basically the anti-Sam Darnold of JN.

Had a decent 2014. PLaying a lil better than that this year. What it means?

Who knows? Rich Gannon?

I've been rightfully tough on Tannehill but yesterday he was great.  While Henry gained 100 yds he wasn't his dominant self and that deep ball was perfect.  He's playing with a lot of confidence but he's never showed up in big games, he has a chance to change that these next 3 weeks.

• Upvote 1

Thanks be to God Tannehill isn’t holding Gase back anymore. 

Anyone else remember how every year Tannehill/Dolphins we’re going to be s powerhouse and the team to watch out for? And every single year disappointed? This will be deja by all over again 

On 12/9/2019 at 9:28 AM, nyjunc said:

I've been rightfully tough on Tannehill but yesterday he was great.  While Henry gained 100 yds he wasn't his dominant self and that deep ball was perfect.  He's playing with a lot of confidence but he's never showed up in big games, he has a chance to change that these next 3 weeks.

Henry had two touchdowns in addition to the 100 yards I watched part of the game he was dominant still he just didn’t go completely nuts like he has in recent weeks