The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

SAR I

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

What team has been perfectly healthy?

Ridiculous

What team has had the injuriee, illness and suspensions we have had?

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

the billboard company refused the ads. 

the rant about free speech is stupid.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

YES!

I'm going to find out who the billboard company is and send them a personal letter thanking them for doing what's right.

SAR I

OMG!! Throw in a few freaking $100 Ruth’s Chris gift cards for Pete’s sake. It’s Christmas and steak is a great way to say thank you. But not the Omaha steaks though, lackluster and they scream re-gifted. 

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG!! Throw in a few freaking $100 Ruth’s Chris gift cards for Pete’s sake. It’s Christmas and steak is a great way to say thank you. But not the Omaha steaks though, lackluster and they scream re-gifted. 

I called them, I asked for the Sales department, they went home for the holidays.  I told the receptionist that I represented hundreds of thousands of Jets fans and wanted her to know that we appreciate what they did and that it was just wrong on many levels and billboards shouldn't be used for that purpose.  I asked that she give that message to the decision-maker and she said she would and wished me a happy holiday.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Worse than the fruit from Harry and David’s?

At least the fruit is hit or miss, sometimes you can get an outstanding pear or above-average persimmon.

Omaha Steaks always tend to suck, especially since the gift packs come with things like sausage and crappy hamburgers just to make it look like it is chock-full of meat.

SAR I

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

At least the fruit is hit or miss, sometimes you can get an outstanding pear or above-average persimmon.

Omaha Steaks always tend to suck, especially since the gift packs come with things like sausage and crappy hamburgers just to make it look like it is chock-full of meat.

SAR I

Yeah I’ve hit a case of the pears In my fridge now. 1-3 were passable so far. The other two like straight up tasteless.  If it’s a family with kids this is a solid compulsory gift. Christmas ain’t about fruit, it’s about indulgence. 

DABAA004-CDAF-45B8-86E8-97F56F32F71C.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Cease and Desist letter from the NFL.

I was told that they had to change the name of their old site because of a similar situation (copyright issues on shirts they were selling).

It is a slippery slope. At the end of the day I just want to be a fan. If the Jets irate me to the level that I want to raise money from other people to "send a message" I would honesty just walk away from being a fan. Life is too short imo.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Nope. 

Mr. Johnson made his point when he publicly said Coach Gase is returning next season.  Flying planes didn’t work; billboards won’t either. Face to face?  LOL. 

They don’t represent us

SAR I

They don't represent YOU

But they do represent a lot of jet fans that understand Gase is hot trash. He is going to ruin Darnold. You will figure it out eventually. But not before the damage is already done. 

PS. In 4 years as a HC Gase has never had an offense rank higher than 24th. He's an offensive "genius" that doesn't know sh*t about offense. Wake up people.

44 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I was told that they had to change the name of their old site because of a similar situation (copyright issues on shirts they were selling).

It is a slippery slope. At the end of the day I just want to be a fan. If the Jets irate me to the level that I want to raise money from other people to "send a message" I would honesty just walk away from being a fan. Life is too short imo.

I’m as against the billboard as anyone, but its a bad look by the Jets and the league to go after this guy with lawyers.  Would have preferred the Jets to allow the billboard to go up, and take the high road. 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

They are getting what they deserve. 

Fans have a right to complain on twitter or on the radio, but putting up billboards to embarrass the franchise would only hurt the Jets organization as a whole and hurt the team down the road. What free agents or coaches would want to play for a fanbase that wants a coach fired after 14 games?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

From June 2018:

2018 NFL coach rankings: Bill Belichick and then ...

22) Todd Bowles, New York Jets

I was thoroughly impressed with how the Jets competed last season. But still, Bowles' team only won five games. For the second year in a row. Thus, it's challenging placing Bowles higher than 22. Yet, his job should be safe, with a rookie quarterback in Sam Darnold and the feisty nature with which New York competed while Josh McCown was healthy. McCown's back, too, and should be the player-coach to Bowles' coach-coach, providing leadership to his younger teammates in and out of the quarterback room.

23) Kyle Shanahan, San Francisco 49ers

There are a few head coaches included in this league pecking order who are quite tough to evaluate. Shanahan is front and center in that regard, as he took over a team offering both upside and a host of potential growing pains. The 49ers also had no quarterback until Jimmy Garoppolo came on board. San Francisco started winning at that point. So, was the five-game winning streak all Jimmy G, or does Shanahan deserve praise for catering his system to the young quarterback? Leaning toward the latter, but we need more volume than one third of a season to evaluate.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000938541/2018-nfl-coach-rankings:-bill-belichick-and-then-...

Tell me more about the value of coaching rankings.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

I’m as against the billboard as anyone, but its a bad look by the Jets and the league to go after this guy with lawyers.  Would have preferred the Jets to allow the billboard to go up, and take the high road. 

I think these are two different things.

1. The media company made a decision to not run the billboard. They (I am assuming) are a private entity and are making a business decision. More $ to be had by big sponsors (NFL) so they probably just walked away. I have now knowledge of this situation but from the information posted it looks like this was originally flagged over potential copyright violations (joker). That is a real issue.

2. The letter from the NFL:  Page two of the letter shows this isn't the first back and forth they have had. The logo change seems to be copyright infringement. If I was running a site and I was forced to shut it down because of copyright issues (which I was told he was), I wouldn't use anything that looked like the Jets logo when I said fire adam gase. Make a new logo not in the Jets exact pattern and color.

My two cents.

We were pitched this week by a different fan shop selling similar merchandise. Told them thanks but no thanks because they did the same thing. Took the Jets logo and tweaked it. I am not a lawyer and really don't know much about this stuff, but that seems like trouble. Especially if you do it and then sell merchandise (profit).

Guess that makes it two and a half cents.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

1. The media company made a decision to not run the billboard. They (I am assuming) are a private entity and are making a business decision. More $ to be had by big sponsors (NFL) so they probably just walked away. I have now knowledge of this situation but from the information posted it looks like this was originally flagged over potential copyright violations (joker). That is a real issue.

2. The letter from the NFL:  Page two of the letter shows this isn't the first back and forth they have had. The logo change seems to be copyright infringement. If I was running a site and I was forced to shut it down because of copyright issues (which I was told he was), I wouldn't use anything that looked like the Jets logo when I said fire adam gase. Make a new logo not in the Jets exact pattern and color.

My two cents.

We were pitched this week by a different fan shop selling similar merchandise. Told them thanks but no thanks because they did the same thing. Took the Jets logo and tweaked it. I am not a lawyer and really don't know much about this stuff, but that seems like trouble. Especially if you do it and then sell merchandise (profit).

I totally understand Lamars POV. Beyond the NFL and the Jets they partner with major advertising/media buyers and those relationships are critical.

The Jets and NFL are absolutely within their rights to shut this stuff down, but my point is that it’s a bad look. This is a fan website that isn’t doing this stuff for major profit. It’s not a situation like in Boston where those guys were making a small fortune on the Yankees Suck T-shirt. Why even get involved in this? 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nope. 

Mr. Johnson made his point when he publicly said Coach Gase is returning next season.  Flying planes didn’t work; billboards won’t either. Face to face?  LOL. 

They don’t represent us

SAR I

You really love rooting for 5-11 teams, don't you?

12 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

eh, this is probably better news for them than actually putting the stupid billboard up. Now they get to play little guy victims to the multi billion dollar organization trying to silence them

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

My two cents.

Doesn't MLB do this too? Remember R44 trying to do an MLB fan site and they sent him a cease and desist on the logos before the site was even live?