The 'Fire Gase' Guys Is Planning Billboards For Sunday

SAR I

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, I do.  You only get 2 shots at an NFL head coaching job and he chose to invest that second chance on us.

And how do we repay him after he loses not one but two quarterbacks, half his OL, his best two receivers, half his LB's, and his kicker?

We fly planes asking for his removal after 4 measly games.  And after he goes and wins 3 in a row and 4 of his last 6 games?  A billboard depicting him as a clown at Christmas. 

It's disgusting.  What hashtag whores will do for a few hundred bucks is astounding.  But what's more astounding are enablers like you who applaud their actions and support their stupid blog.

SAR I

He chose to invest his 2nd chance with us?!  Which other teams were beating down his door last year?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

After a brutal swath of injuries leading to an inevitable 0-4 start he's won 4 of his last 6 games.

These stupid billboards are ridiculous.  Moreso are fans like you that condone this boorish behavior.

SAR I

I'm indifferent to the billboard.  I don't see it as being "boorish".  If they were calling for violence or something, that would be another story.  There's nothing at all like that going on here.  Why are you always so concerned with how people spend their money when it comes to Adam Gase?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  He coached here for 7 seasons and had rookie O'Brien for 5.  Didn't work out.

Gase has been here for 4 months.

SAR I

Did Joe Walton not have a family who very likely heard (or read in the news about) those chants?  All of a sudden you're talking about how long he coached here and how many years he had a certain QB.   

In other words, you're admitting that your criticism of the Gase billboard has absolutely nothing to do with "boorish behavior".  It's just that you agreed with those who thought that Joe Walton needed to be fired (thus "Joe Must Go" was acceptable) but you disagree with those who think Adam Gase should be fired (thus the billboard is unacceptable). 

In essence, you're criticizing people for disagreeing with you on a subjective opinion.

Got it.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Good teams dont fire a HC after one year.  A year where the QB gets a deadly illness and misses as much time as SD.  Where we don't know how healthy he was when back.  With a team that we hoped would finish .500 and is as close as it is with all those injuries.

Logic, yes. 

There's logic.

Bowles was given a chance and failed, therefore no other HC should be given a chance because they'll fail too.

The HC of some good team wasn't fired after a bad first year (and eventually succeeded), therefore Adam Gase should be given another chance because he'll eventually succeed too.

Brilliant!

Logic, yes.

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

And it's Christmas.

And we're 5-5 with Sam since he came back, are 4-2 in our last six games.

And with a team most thought had an 8-8 ceiling when completely healthy.

It's disgusting.

SAR I

Who thought it was possible to go through a season completely healthy??

We all knew our depth is horrible, injuries do and would happen, and that the team would be bad. How is that disgusting or even disagreeing?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

And how do we repay him after he loses not one but two quarterbacks, half his OL, his best two receivers, half his LB's, and his kicker?

He gets paid a fortune to be the HC of the NYJ.  That's how he gets "repaid".  If he wants to get the fans off his back, a good start might be to not lose to an 0-7 and an 0-11 team in the same season.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I am a fan of a head coach who has persevered under trying circumstances and has managed to turn a 1-7 start into a 4-2 middle and has a good chance of finishing 6-2.

Even though I can't stand Gase, I admire the way you defend the guy.  How about this: if we beat Pittsburgh and Buffalo, I'll agree with you that he did a good job in the 2nd half of the year.  And even though CJ jumped the gun when he announced that Gase would be back in 2020, at least Gase did do a good job from that point on to the point where it would've been reasonable for CJ to bring him back.

32 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's logic.

Bowles was given a chance and failed, therefore no other HC should be given a chance because they'll fail too.

The HC of some good team wasn't fired after a bad first year (and eventually succeeded), therefore Adam Gase should be given another chance because he'll eventually succeed too.

Brilliant!

Logic, yes.

You're spinning around.

Point is multiple years for Bowles has absolutely nothing to do with allowing a HC more than one year.

No matter how many different ways you twist it, makes no sense to compare

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You're spinning around.

Point is multiple years for Bowles has absolutely nothing to do with allowing a HC more than one year.

No matter how many different ways you twist it, makes no sense to compare

The point is that there are no hard and fast rules here.  There are some bad coaches who are kept on too long (and continue failing even though ownership/fans hope that "success is right around the corner") and there are some good coaches who would've succeeded had they been given more time.

All it boils down to is whether or not you think Gase is a good HC.  Neither of us knows the answer but we each have our own opinion.  My "Spidey Sense" says to cut bait and try again (ideally go after a "big fish" like Urban Meyer).  Yours says to give him another year.

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You know what’s tasteless?

10 years, 0 playoff appearances, 4 seasons in a row with 5 or less wins and a bad roster and bad head coach with ownership that doesn’t care

D28DC5E1-8355-4437-8271-C87B34FCBC6C.thumb.jpeg.d8d33241f2e3c393df2829bc3cf4a8f6.jpeg

Agreed.  As if we're not allowed to be upset with the franchise after almost a decade of no playoffs.  Ownership should be absolutely thrilled that their fans care so much.  Instead we hear from people like SAR that we, the fans, need to "repay" Adam Gase.  Admittedly, though, SAR's craziness is part of his charm.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  As if we're not allowed to be upset with the franchise after almost a decade of no playoffs.  Ownership should be absolutely thrilled that their fans care so much.  Instead we hear from people like SAR that we, the fans, need to "repay" Adam Gase.

The focking New York Knicks have more recently made the playoffs than the Jets - several years more recently 

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Like most I am not sold on Gase as the answer but these billboards can only serve as a major deterent when trying to recruit the next HC. One look at this creepy sh!t and the next candidates will say thanks but no thanks.

It continually amazes me how much fans overstate their own importance in these types of matters.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

We fly planes asking for his removal after 4 measly games.  And after he goes and wins 3 in a row and 4 of his last 6 games?  A billboard depicting him as a clown at Christmas. 

Kindly please GTFO with this "we" stuff.

"We" did nothing.  "We" do not speak with one unified universal voice.  "We" are a diverse fanbase with diverse opinion. 

And 99.9999999999% of "We" are not doing anything whatsoever with planes or billboards.

Speak for yourself.  Stop speaking for "we".

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

If the HC didn’t suck at his job, then these guys wouldn’t put a billboard up. Also, this is the United States and people can spend their money any way they like.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

yes, that is absolutely correct.  And people are just as free to call them names and describe just how moronic and childish their action is.  Infantile little morons that make all other Jets fans look like jackasses. So hooray for those idiots' freedom of speech.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I couldn't care less about a billboard. It's just so astounding to me how many people feel they're actually in a position to be calling other people idiots with absolutely no awareness of their own situation.

I didn't know that I need to be aware of their situation before I can call their actions moronic and call them idiots.  Thanks for laying out the rules of just when and when I am not in "a position" to call these buffoons idiots.  I'll make sure I follow those guidelines next time I post.

yes, that is absolutely correct.  And people are just as free to call them names and describe just how moronic and childish their action is.  Infantile little morons that make all other Jets fans look like jackasses. So hooray for those idiots' freedom of speech.  

That’s why we live in the greatest country in the world where people have the right to speak freely. Also, Gase is the same guy who stabbed Mac in the back and got him fired. Sometimes in life, what you do to others comes back to you. Act like a scu$bag and you get it in return! Also, this HC has done absolutely nothing to endear himself to the passionate fans of this team other than reek of arrogance and incompetence!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I didn't know that I need to be aware of their situation before I can call their actions moronic and call them idiots.  Thanks for laying out the rules of just when and when I am not in "a position" to call these buffoons idiots.  I'll make sure I follow those guidelines next time I post.

Meanwhile, your profile pic is of Adam Gase after he inhaled smelling salts.

image.png.9cca2390c52a5f034c859813914548da.png

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Like most I am not sold on Gase as the answer but these billboards can only serve as a major deterent when trying to recruit the next HC. One look at this creepy sh!t and the next candidates will say thanks but no thanks.

You are a HC candidate only 32 jobs available in the NFL you are looking at a multi-million dollar contract do you not sign it because of these billboards. 

C'MON MAN. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Meanwhile, your profile pic is of Adam Gase after he inhaled smelling salts.

image.png.9cca2390c52a5f034c859813914548da.png

Yes, it is.  Because it was real.  It happened on the practice field in front of all.  I am not publicizing him to anyone outside this community and I am not dressing him as a clown... just showing what the world h, including his family, have already seen.  Night and  day.  Nice try, but no.

I am not a gase fan.  Yet.  I am not a fan of publicly humiliating him the way the billboards do.  Gase chose to take a hit of salts on the field.  He didn't dress up in a degrading clown suit.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Beerfish said:

28-34 is a winning record?

5-9 this year is a winning record?

Chris johnston support is a good thing?, Adam Gase hired Douglas

You need to up your game son.  Stick to psl's and BMW's

Bellichick was 36-44 with the Browns. 

Pete Carroll was 6-10 with the Jets. 

Safe to assume you would have been chipping in for a banner to get them run out of town also. 

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You are a HC candidate only 32 jobs available in the NFL you are looking at a multi-million dollar contract do you not sign it because of these billboards. 

C'MON MAN. 

You are a hot coach and you have your choice of 3 jobs.  You aren’t coming to Florham Park because fans want you dead after 4 games. 

You should read today’s Manish article. It’s as disgusting as the billboards. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You know what’s tasteless?

10 years, 0 playoff appearances, 4 seasons in a row with 5 or less wins and a bad roster and bad head coach with ownership that doesn’t care

D28DC5E1-8355-4437-8271-C87B34FCBC6C.thumb.jpeg.d8d33241f2e3c393df2829bc3cf4a8f6.jpeg

You can protest a coaches hiring without making it personal.  Making a meme out of way the guy stares is one thing.  But putting up huge posters of him dressed up like a f-ing clown outside of where he works for his family to see are another.  It's a sh*t thing to do. 

• Upvote 1

You are a hot coach and you have your choice of 3 jobs.  You aren’t coming to Florham Park because fans want you dead after 4 games. 
You should read today’s Manish article. It’s as disgusting as the billboards. 

SAR I

The fans are the least of what a potential HC is concerned with. There are some other potentially more important issues like maby the owner, GM, roster, cap space, draft stock, facilities, location, salary....Also, the owners are too stupid to hire the correct HC which is why we are in the position we are in with one of the worst coaches in the NFL!