R. Tannehill- was almost coached out of the league by idiot Gase

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No excuses just merely pointing out the jets had an easy schedule hence 7 wins instead of the usual 4-5

Quick name me the playoff teams Gase beat this year besides the bills who benched their entire team

It’s a yearly schedule, not the hard 8 games of the schedule that philc1 wants to use to fill his agenda.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Yes and 31 other nfl teams had no injuries.  Other coaches figured out ways to win multiple games with backups and third stringers this year

No one had more injuries than the Jets.  I won't even have a conversation with anyone who disregards what we went through this season as if it was business-as-usual ho-hum couple of injuries.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4

5 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

Not a great fan of Gase, but if Tannehill was better before Gase then why did Tannehill's yards per attempt, yards per completion, completion percentage, TD:INT ratio, and QB rating (93.1 vs. 85.2) all improve under "the Fraud"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using JetNation.com mobile app

love it when poster start I'm not a fan of Gase but post fake news to defend him.  

Two season prior to the Fraud taking over the Dolphins Tannehill 2014            4,045 yards 27TD 12 INT in 16 games

2015    4208  Yards 24 TD 12 INT 16 games

Two season of Tannehill playing for the Fraud                                                    2016    2995 Yards 19 TD 12 INT in 13 games

2018   1979 Yards  17 TD   9 INT in 11 games 

Under Arthur Smith a rookie OC                                                                           2019   2747 Yards   22 TD   6 INT  in 12 games

Tannehill regressed under the Fraud lost his job was traded and had to prove himself again.  

The same scenario that the Fraud took over in Miami, it is the same scenario that landed him with the Jets to improve on a talented young QB.  During those 5 years his offense ranked at the bottom of the league, if I'm not mistaken the highest has been 26 with last year coming DEAD LAST.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s a weird situation we are in.  Although I never wanted Gase to be hired he is gonna be here whether we like it or not.  I have to root for the guy because I want to win next year and for Sam to keep getting better.  If Gase does bad that means we have to hire yet another coach and our young QB needs to learn yet another system.  I’m hoping Douglas has a great offseason and Gase finally clicks next year 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

love it when poster start I'm not a fan of Gase but post fake news to defend him.  

Two season prior to the Fraud taking over the Dolphins Tannehill 2014            4,045 yards 27TD 12 INT in 16 games

2015    4208  Yards 24 TD 12 INT 16 games

Two season of Tannehill playing for the Fraud                                                    2016    2995 Yards 19 TD 12 INT in 13 games

Under Arthur Smith a rookie OC                                                                           2019   2747 Yards   22 TD   6 INT  in 12 games

Tannehill regressed under the Fraud lost his job was traded and had to prove himself again.  

The same scenario that the Fraud took over in Miami, it is the same scenario that landed him with the Jets to improve on a talented young QB.  During those 5 years his offense ranked at the bottom of the league, if I'm not mistaken the highest has been 26 with last year coming DEAD LAST.  

For what it's worth you can argue Tannehill's stats decreasing actually helped that team win. A lot of those yards in the 4 years before Gase were garbage time yards. 

The Dolphins under Gase and the Titans reduced Tannehill's attempts by 8 per game which effected his overall yards. However by doing this Tannehill improved in comp %, QB Rating, TDs per attempt, Yards per completion, and win %.

There is probably an argument for Gase's 1-4 start there as "installing the offense year 1". Tannehill would go on a 7-1 run before getting injured after that point. Whether or not you think Tannehill was 100% last year is also up for debate, guy did miss a year and a half.

I'm not really trying to make excuses but it's probably not as gloomy as a lot would like us to believe.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

It’s a weird situation we are in.  Although I never wanted Gase to be hired he is gonna be here whether we like it or not.  I have to root for the guy because I want to win next year and for Sam to keep getting better.  If Gase does bad that means we have to hire yet another coach and our young QB needs to learn yet another system.  I’m hoping Douglas has a great offseason and Gase finally clicks next year 

That's exactly the right attitude.  We need Gase to succeed.  So let's get behind him, see what Douglas can do, shut up, and enjoy the playoffs.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

love it when poster start I'm not a fan of Gase but post fake news to defend him.   Two season prior to the Fraud taking over the Dolphins Tannehill 2014            4,045 yards 27TD 12 INT in 16 games                                                                                                                              2015    4208  Yards 24 TD 12 INT 16 games

Oh so now only Tannehill's last two years prior to Gase arriving (2014/2015) count - throw 2012 and 2013 out the window. If that is the case, then only Tannehill's yards per attempt (7.5 ypc vs. 7.0 ypa), yards per catch (11.4 ypc vs. 10.9 ypc), completion percentage (.66% vs. .65%), and QB rating (93.17 vs. 90.78) went up in 2016/2018 vs. 2014/2015.  

Tannehill did have a better TD:INT ratio (a more team oriented stat) in 2014/2015 vs. 2016/2018 though even though the winning percentage (an even more team oriented stat) for Tannehill was better under Gase.

Hate Gase all you want. Nothing I write will change that. There were many things that I didn't like about Gase this past year. However, just be totally factual. Not everything that happens proves the narrative that you want to assert.

It isn't hard to check complete passing stats. The facts are that Ryan Tannehill didn't regress under Gase. Statistically he was a very similar QB in 2016/2018 as he was the prior two years: fairly significant jump in YPA and YPC, slightly better completion percentage, slightly worse TD:INT ratio.

• Upvote 2

This is a bit of a stretch but there are ways that Tannehill is being used in Tennessee that mimic what Gase did in Miami. If Tannehill doesn't miss a year and a half in the middle of his time with Gase he probably would have looked much better earlier.

Trying to see the glass as half full here haha

11 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I root for him to get hit by a bus.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

Oh so now only Tannehill's last two years prior to Gase arriving (2014/2015) count - throw 2012 and 2013 out the window. If that is the case, then only Tannehill's yards per attempt (7.5 ypc vs. 7.0 ypa), yards per catch (11.4 ypc vs. 10.9 ypc), completion percentage (.66% vs. .65%), and QB rating (93.17 vs. 90.78) went up in 2016/2018 vs. 2014/2015.  

Tannehill did have a better TD:INT ratio (a more team oriented stat) in 2014/2015 vs. 2016/2018 though even though the winning percentage (an even more team oriented stat) for Tannehill was better under Gase.

Hate Gase all you want. Nothing I write will change that. There were many things that I didn't like about Gase this past year. However, just be totally factual. Not everything that happens proves the narrative that you want to assert.

It isn't hard to check complete passing stats. The facts are that Ryan Tannehill didn't regress under Gase. Statistically he was a very similar QB in 2016/2018 as he was the prior two years: fairly significant jump in YPA and YPC, slightly better completion percentage, slightly worse TD:INT ratio.

The facts are that the Fraud was brought to elevate Tannehill into elite status the same situation he was brought in with Darnolds.  

Not only Tannehill regressed under his watch going  from 24td 12 int to 19 TD 12 int in 13 games.  Tannehill lost his job, traded and had to prove himself again.

WTF going on here must be the fraud’s family opening accounts here to defend him at all cause especially most starting with these same line I’m not a supporter but ...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

This is a bit of a stretch but there are ways that Tannehill is being used in Tennessee that mimic what Gase did in Miami. If Tannehill doesn't miss a year and a half in the middle of his time with Gase he probably would have looked much better earlier.

Trying to see the glass as half full here haha

LMAO now his success is not the works of his current OC but the one that turned him into a first round bust, traded and benched.  Yooou you can’t make this up even if you try.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, DRJETS said:

LMAO now his success is not the works of his current OC but the one that turned him into a first round bust, traded and benched.  Yooou you can’t make this up even if you try.

When Tannehill was healthy he played well under Gase, issue was he missed 24 games smack dab in the middle of Gase's tenure. Just cause he plays better with the Titans doesn't mean Gase didn't improve his play.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

When Tannehill was healthy he played well under Gase, issue was he missed 24 games smack dab in the middle of Gase's tenure. Just cause he plays better with the Titans doesn't mean Gase didn't improve his play.

JetNation loves to call coincidence causality cos they too ignant to know the difference.,

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Especially the former two who exploded with Fitz at QB

Fitz throws a very nice back shoulder ball. If he gets in tune with a WR, alotta completions happen.

Happened w/ Evans in 2018 at TB. (See Marshall 2015)

I havent seen/dont recall seeing either Tannehill or Darnold use this throw.

( For Sam i dont think we even have the WR on the roster to do this)

• WTF? 2

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

No he did not again previous year before the Fraud took over 24 TD 12 int, the year Gase took over with Dink and dunk in 13 games 19 TD 12 int.  

With  the titans 22 TD 6 int 10 games.

Look closer there appears to be a leak somewhere in between.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, DRJETS said:

No he did not again previous year before the Fraud took over 24 TD 12 int, the year Gase took over with Dink and dunk in 13 games 19 TD 12 int.  

I'm not going to ride or die with this argument haha there are plenty of stats to suggest the opposite happened with Tannehill but this is a glass half full approach. Perhaps Vrabel is better at developing QB talent than I've given credit.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ryan Tannehill has thrown for 160 yards in the playoffs.  I get that he is managing the game, but that team is riding Derrick Henry.  We aren't the Rex Ryan Jets, and this isn't the 2009 team.  He'd be destroyed here and it wouldn't be because of Gase.

He has 15 completions in 2 games, these wins are definitely on Henry and that defense.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm not going to ride or die with this argument haha there are plenty of stats to suggest the opposite happened with Tannehill but this is a glass half full approach. Perhaps Vrabel is better at developing QB talent than I've given credit.

The Fraud had not developed anybody and his offense as HC had been at the bottom of the league. #FACTS

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

The Fraud had not developed anybody and his offense as HC had been at the bottom of the league. #FACTS

I get that the offense hasn't been there, the play calling has been suspect too. There has to be something to Manning, Cutler, and Tannehill all liking Gase. It feels like Sam likes Gase as well, could be off on that but if Sam didn't like him I think there is a chance we would have moved on from him even if it meant 3 HCs in 3 years.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ryan Tannehill has thrown for 160 yards in the playoffs.  I get that he is managing the game, but that team is riding Derrick Henry.  We aren't the Rex Ryan Jets, and this isn't the 2009 team.  He'd be destroyed here and it wouldn't be because of Gase.

And what about the regular season games?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 hours ago, DRJETS said:

And it’s not just Tannehill

Drake

Parker

both also got better once they got away from the greatest offensive mind ever

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

No one had more injuries than the Jets.  I won't even have a conversation with anyone who disregards what we went through this season as if it was business-as-usual ho-hum couple of injuries.

SAR I

And yet, this post and 100's just like it 

15 hours ago, jgb said:

Tannehill aside, how does one explain Drake, Parker and Gesicki in a “not Gase’s fault” narrative? Especially the former two who exploded with Fitz at QB—you know one of the most derided and hated QBs on this board. 

Signed,

A fan who wants to believe but facts keep getting in the way 

You mean the same QB that came here and had the best season a Jets QB has ever had? 

We all know Fitz is fully capable of playing well. It’s just not sustainable. I’m not surprised at all those guys played well. 

• Upvote 1