R. Tannehill- was almost coached out of the league by idiot Gase

7 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

You mean the same QB that came here and had the best season a Jets QB has ever had? 

We all know Fitz is fully capable of playing well. It’s just not sustainable. I’m not surprised at all those guys played well. 

Bwaaaahahahaha. This takes the absolute cake for Gase apologism.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2020 at 3:17 AM, jgb said:

Tannehill aside, how does one explain Drake, Parker and Gesicki in a “not Gase’s fault” narrative? Especially the former two who exploded with Fitz at QB—you know one of the most derided and hated QBs on this board. 

Signed,

A fan who wants to believe but facts keep getting in the way 

Ofcourse it’s not just Tannehill who improved after getting away from Gase it’s a bunch of other guys

• Upvote 4

On 1/12/2020 at 11:04 PM, DRJETS said:

love it when poster start I'm not a fan of Gase but post fake news to defend him.  

Two season prior to the Fraud taking over the Dolphins Tannehill 2014            4,045 yards 27TD 12 INT in 16 games

2015    4208  Yards 24 TD 12 INT 16 games

Two season of Tannehill playing for the Fraud                                                    2016    2995 Yards 19 TD 12 INT in 13 games

2018   1979 Yards  17 TD   9 INT in 11 games 

Under Arthur Smith a rookie OC                                                                           2019   2747 Yards   22 TD   6 INT  in 12 games

Tannehill regressed under the Fraud lost his job was traded and had to prove himself again.  

The same scenario that the Fraud took over in Miami, it is the same scenario that landed him with the Jets to improve on a talented young QB.  During those 5 years his offense ranked at the bottom of the league, if I'm not mistaken the highest has been 26 with last year coming DEAD LAST.  

I have posted this before and the gase supporters do not want to believe facts at all.Ryan T was better under Philbin. How can and offensive guru finish dead last or next to last in offensive rankings multiple years?

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, rammagen said:

Gase is a bad coach how can offensive Guru finish last or next to last in the league statically speaking? how can anyone defend that. I know you are not just making a statement.

Ryan T. was a better QB under Philbin then under Gase. He had better decision making and it was a better run offense. Ryan was also not put into position to carry the team Like the Titans are using him Philbin was starting to go in that direction.  Instead Gase comes in yes bumped up his yard per average but him into bad positions which lead to more turn overs and injuries

Gase does not fit his scheme to the players. He was disliked in Miami by the players, Alienated his players and made the same mistakes we have seen here this yr.

That's what really upsets me the most. Fitting the scheme to talent.

He refused to do it, with like marker name player in bell. Like that is the obvious one, which he can't do. How can anyone reasonably assume he can do it with lesser talented guy that aren't well known.

It is alot harder to get non all star players in a spot to shine. It takes a good coach to do that. Gase incapable.

Players in Miami didn't like Gase not because of stuff he said or how he was socially awkward or his crazy eyes... They didn't like him cause he didn't help anyone on that team. Mismanaged all the talent they had from qb to RB to wr etc...

You look at g Williams getting that def to play with no namers, using the talent they had to give them advantage via scheme and game plan. Gase is incapable of that on off 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, rammagen said:

I have posted this before and the gase supporters do not want to believe facts at all.Ryan T was better under Philbin. How can and offensive guru finish dead last or next to last in offensive rankings multiple years?

These are the same people who gloat about Rex not winning multiple Super Bowls with Tyrod Taylor

• Upvote 1

I'm not a huge Gase supporter, but I don't agree with this premise. If it was tennis I could see it - you are solely responsible for what is going on and the coaching change can reap benefits right away. On a football team, there are so many other factors. Plus, did Tannehill work as hard at his craft while at Miami, or did it take the realization that he might be out of the league to amp up his focus? Did he gel with his teammates in Miami, or does he just fit better with the offensive players on the Titans. How about his receivers - now that he doesn't have prima donna's at WR, does he click better with them? There are too many holes that can be poked in this argument and it's over simplifying it to say the coach is solely responsible. With Derrick Henry on your team, I imagine things are a lot easier than just having good receivers. Also, was he as healthy those years Miami as he is now? 

• Upvote 2

On 1/13/2020 at 11:07 AM, jetstream23 said:

"You are what your record says you are"

I'm wondering why Frank Reich still has a job in Indy after their 7-9 season?

Why not? It's entertainment...

Head Coach: he's the officer of this battery/platoon. who even knows or cares what he says or does. Except when it's extra duty or a parade.

Offensive/Defensive Coordinator: the sergeant is the guy/gal working the troops. The guy either bustin balls or looking the other way.

Players: I think you get it by now.

I saw improvement. I didn't recognize it at first. Thought at first it was "i guess they can't lose EVERY game..." but they did look like a team with a few weapons and the capability, with upgrades at key positions, that could approach 10 wins sometime in the near future...

I mean, NE certainly isn't the impenetrable wall it always is/was. As long as we actually upgrade the OL [which really can't be that difficult, seeing as how putrid it was] and retain/obtain a reliable receiving corps, we should be good. We have Crowder and Smith, Berrios, certainly not household names, but the TE production seems reliable. Just would be nice to have that Manster WR...

The defense really played playoff caliber football for several games. And is set to receive some percentage of returning ILBs, making that corps pretty formidable. Now, get some edge rushers and a CB and you are there.  

The man won 7 games, maybe in spite of himself. but that's an improvement none the less.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:35 AM, Philc1 said:

And the coach of the year Gase had nothing to do with the 1-6 start?

The easy schedule was the primary reason we got to 7 wins

Gase had almost nothing to do with the Jets roster this year.  The Jets roster wasn't better than any team we played this year including Miami and Cincinnati.   We were the easiest team on any teams schedule we played this year.  

An easy schedule is a schedule with A Mac constructed roster on it.  The primary reason we got to 7 wins is we got healthy and the team never gave up.  They bought in when the season was a dumpster fire and competed to the bitter end.  There isn't a single team we get a win against if the coaching staff doesn't get the team to buy in and hang together.  

That doesn't mean Gase is a great or even a good HC.  It's a competition, you're not entitled to a winning team because you root for a perennial loser.  The team still needs to be constructed into a potential winner before you can kill the HC who under the circumstances actually did a good job this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Bottom line was Tannehill had very little to do with the Titans miraculous playoff run. He was a good game manager that took advantage of some easy throws when they presented themselves. However, when the Titans were behind yesterday and they needed their passing game Tannehill was brutal. All in all, it was just like MARK SANCHEZ. Really no different. But In defense of him, I would day he has definitely EARNED an opportunity to QB the Titans further and see if he can improve.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Bottom line was Tannehill had very little to do with the Titans miraculous playoff run. He was a good game manager that took advantage of some easy throws when they presented themselves. However, when the Titans were behind yesterday and they needed their passing game Tannehill was brutal. All in all, it was just like MARK SANCHEZ. Really no different. But In defense of him, I would day he has definitely EARNED an opportunity to QB the Titans further and see if he can improve.

Really?  Is that why Derrick Henry had 25 total yards his last game before Tannehill became the starter

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Not until he's fired after this upcoming season will the enormity of Gase's ineptitude be fully appreciated by the fans still holding out hope that he's not a complete dunce/idiot/NFL HC disaster.

These are the same people who laughed when it was pointed out 3 years ago Mac was as bad as Idzik

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Not until he's fired after this upcoming season will the enormity of Gase's ineptitude be fully appreciated by the fans still holding out hope that he's not a complete dunce/idiot/NFL HC disaster.

wow, really putting a lot of your own personal desires here.

Tell me, how is Gase going to implode? I'm curious because he certainly had the opportunity to implode this year, lose the locker room, win A game instead of the SEVEN he won, improving as the year went on and the stupid mistake he made in starting Kalil and Winters.

And nobody REALLY believes Darnold had Mono, do they???!

that's genius.

don't let your personal distaste for Gase unduly influence your judgement of how well he might do his job, which is to stand back and let his coordinators coach and have press conferences. I LIKE HOW THE TEAM IMPROVED O'ER THE COURSE OF THE SEASON, finishing strong and looking like it could be dangerous with the expected and necessary upgrades to the OL.

why people have this hatred for a guy who has already improved the team, giving it confidence it hasn't had since 2010.

I repeat, how, exactly is Gase going to implode, since you're so sure??????

• WTF? 1

35 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Tannenhill had a lot to do with it.  They don't sniff the playoffs without him being a very good QB and playing at a very high level.  

Anyone can separate that from the incredibly lame argument that Gase held back Tannehill.  That argument makes as much sense as Vrabel blew a chance for a home playoff game by letting him rot on the bench when Vrabel's hand picked starter was stinking up the field.  

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, phill1c said:

wow, really putting a lot of your own personal desires here.

Tell me, how is Gase going to implode? I'm curious because he certainly had the opportunity to implode this year, lose the locker room, win A game instead of the SEVEN he won, improving as the year went on and the stupid mistake he made in starting Kalil and Winters.

And nobody REALLY believes Darnold had Mono, do they???!

that's genius.

don't let your personal distaste for Gase unduly influence your judgement of how well he might do his job, which is to stand back and let his coordinators coach and have press conferences. I LIKE HOW THE TEAM IMPROVED O'ER THE COURSE OF THE SEASON, finishing strong and looking like it could be dangerous with the expected and necessary upgrades to the OL.

why people have this hatred for a guy who has already improved the team, giving it confidence it hasn't had since 2010.

I repeat, how, exactly is Gase going to implode, since you're so sure??????

Go back and look at the "job" Gase did in Miami.  Scorched earth is putting it mildly.  You can believe that all is well with Gase-aster and that he's improved this team.  God speed.  IMO, with Gase at the helm and his decision-making, the Jets are as big a joke as they've been. History has a way of repeating itself, especially with clowns like Gase (or the dopes who own this franchise) who should never have been given the job in the first place.   

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

But he was talking about Philbin not Gase lol 

????how so Tannehill had his best season with Philbin if the program was toxic it started the 2nd yr Gase was there. But what do I know I only lived about 2 miles from where they practiced in Ft Lauderdale in Plantation at the time

29 minutes ago, rammagen said:

????how so Tannehill had his best season with Philbin if the program was toxic it started the 2nd yr Gase was there. But what do I know I only lived about 2 miles from where they practiced in Ft Lauderdale in Plantation at the time

Mike Wallace played for Philban he never played for Gase . So apparently program been toxic a lot longer than gases tenures 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Go back and look at the "job" Gase did in Miami.  Scorched earth is putting it mildly.  You can believe that all is well with Gase-aster and that he's improved this team.  God speed.  IMO, with Gase at the helm and his decision-making, the Jets are as big a joke as they've been. History has a way of repeating itself, especially with clowns like Gase (or the dopes who own this franchise) who should never have been given the job in the first place.   

I'm not really looking for reasons not to like Gase, especially when it would entail doing in-depth research into what happened with the Miami Dolphins. I mean, it's really that important to you?

It didn't work out, plain and simple. If you don't recall, it didn't work out for Belicheck his first two stops either. It certainly shows no signs of not working out here, except in these rooms where the "fans" are and where reality is suspended for positive events.

I don't even like the guy. But the criticisms are so simplistic and myopic and agenda-driven, it makes me sick to my stomach that it passes for reasoned.

9 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I'm not really looking for reasons not to like Gase, especially when it would entail doing in-depth research into what happened with the Miami Dolphins. I mean, it's really that important to you?

It didn't work out, plain and simple. If you don't recall, it didn't work out for Belicheck his first two stops either. It certainly shows no signs of not working out here, except in these rooms where the "fans" are and where reality is suspended for positive events.

I don't even like the guy. But the criticisms are so simplistic and myopic and agenda-driven, it makes me sick to my stomach that it passes for reasoned.

Sometimes, the simple reason is the obvious answer.  And in the case of Gase?  What we see each week (an obstinate, clumsy play caller unable to adapt to in-game situations who also alienates players), appears to be the sad reality for us Jet fans.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:04 PM, DRJETS said:

love it when poster start I'm not a fan of Gase but post fake news to defend him.  

Two season prior to the Fraud taking over the Dolphins Tannehill 2014            4,045 yards 27TD 12 INT in 16 games

2015    4208  Yards 24 TD 12 INT 16 games

Two season of Tannehill playing for the Fraud                                                    2016    2995 Yards 19 TD 12 INT in 13 games

2018   1979 Yards  17 TD   9 INT in 11 games 

Under Arthur Smith a rookie OC                                                                           2019   2747 Yards   22 TD   6 INT  in 12 games

Tannehill regressed under the Fraud lost his job was traded and had to prove himself again.  

The same scenario that the Fraud took over in Miami, it is the same scenario that landed him with the Jets to improve on a talented young QB.  During those 5 years his offense ranked at the bottom of the league, if I'm not mistaken the highest has been 26 with last year coming DEAD LAST.  

Wait so healthy the prior 2 seasons vs missing games under he had more yards?  REALLY?

And healthy the prior 2 seasons vs missing games under Gase he had more TDs you say?  

Im shocked.

Then take your deep appreciation of analytics and explain the stats that count, more y/a higher with Gase.  y/c higher with gases.  QB rating, higher under Gase.  TD %, higher under Gase.

Seems like he improved.  Unless you go by the simple numbers you posted, the ones that don't come close to telling the story given Tannehills injuries.  

Hes the fraud.

• Thumb Down 1