R. Tannehill- was almost coached out of the league by idiot Gase

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If the Titans OC couldn’t get Mariota to perform and Tannehill just shows up and instantly plays well that is an indication that his prior coach did a great job and the Titans coaching staff sucks. 

Good job, Adam.  

SAR I

Matt LaFluer got the most he could out of Mariota before he became Packers HC. Mariota is just not good. Tannehill? Who knows what is going on with him. Reminds me of Rich Gannon......struggled for years until he got to Oakland, then played great.

18 minutes ago, CTM said:

Tn has a RB that's on a record breaking tear. Scrawl said first ever to do 180+ in 3 straight games. Ever. Hes averaging what 6 YPC? This kinda of dominance is unheard of its carrying Tannenhill at the moment..

When he gets contained, and they need Tannenhill to makes plays, then we will see how much better Tannenhill has become. I suspect the anti-gasers wont like the results 

You just completely ignored the point the op made that I said was being ignored. Congrats for proving mine  

People are jumping on the Tannehill bandwagon now but they weren't a year ago. I thought this season with Sam he looked at times confused (kind of like Josh Allen did last week) and made really dumb mistakes. Forced throws, etc made crazy attempts that turned into turnovers. At the time we heard that he was being coached up by Gase esp to get rid of the ball rather than to take a sack and he was doing that and it led to picks. We didn't see those kind of errors in year one esp down the stretch. We don't really know the whole story whether it was just Sam being a second year inexperienced Qb or Gase's influence. But Sam has always been pro Gase and calls him a good mentor and coach. We also don't know the whole Tannehill story but didn't Gase decide that Ryan was his starter and the problem was injuries not bad coaching. When he did play he was ok. I always thought he was an average to better than average NFL starter and thought the Fins should have stuck with him. Actually Fitz did a good job with Miami last year and if he stays and they draft Tua could be their starter in '20 and a great teacher for a rookie Qb. That's why the Jets wanted to re-sign him but cheap after 2016.

The reason why we have these threads is that none of these questions are black and white.  

Tannehill and Sanchez both game managed successfully behind teams that could run with great defenses.  It is the strategy that has worked before and works great at MetLife for both teams. 

But most of us know or feel that Gase is not the answer.  Maybe he gets players hurt.  Maybe he does not use them well.  The empirical evidence is not good.  But before the Jets can hire a coach better than Gase, it’s ownership and GM need to prove they have their act together. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase was 13-11 with a healthy Tannehill, 

Mike Vrabel just made it to the AFCC with a healthy Tannehill and the highest passer rating in the NFL during the regular season.  But thanks to remind us that he was average under the FRAUD.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

The reason why we have these threads is that none of these questions are black and white.  

The reason we have these threads is because some fans think there’s a fantasy Supercoach out there somewhere who would have taken the Jets job and guided them to 11-5. You’ll note that they cannot name said coach. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Uh...

Regular Season
117.5 rating 

Please direct me to the ten games where Sanchez put up these numbers.

You want to compare Mark Sanchez career playoff numbers to what tannehill has done so far in the playoffs?

Sanchez averaged almost 200 yards passing a game. 

Tannehill may reach 200 yards, TOTAL, by halftime of the AFC championship game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

TANNYHILL THREW THE BALL 14 TIMES & HAD 7 COMPLETIONS!!!

STHU! 

Give Sam a RB going for 195 yards & he'd be unstoppable. 

Are going to say that he also threw for TWO TD and also RAN for ONE with ZERO INTERCEPTION against a top defense.

• Thumb Down 1

The reason we have these threads is because some fans think there’s a fantasy Supercoach out there somewhere who would have taken the Jets job and guided them to 11-5. You’ll note that they cannot name said coach. 

This. +10000000 SOJFs think the grass is almost always greener without any context. “Every team as everything better then us.”

Board QB flavor of the week:

OUT: Lamar Jackson
IN: Ryan Tannehill

Ryan ******* Tannehill.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, CTM said:

Alt title: Derrick Henry & Titans Oline just proved Mac was a terrible GM. Similiarly reductive but closer to reality

Now the running game and stopping the run matter?

You clowns always change the the argument to fuel your hate filled agenda.  Its transparent and kind of pathetic.

Just now, T0mShane said:

How did Macccc help the “running game” sir

By drafting a bunch of guys who stop the run and bringing in one of the best all purpose backs in decades.

It's not bells fault Gase couldn't figure out how to utilize him.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Now the running game and stopping the run matter?

You clowns always change the the argument to fuel your hate filled agenda.  Its transparent and kind of pathetic.

Yes that is what I said.

The run Henry on isn't likely to last, it's unprecedented. Of course if you have an unstobbable RB gaining 6 yards a carry for 190 yards a game you are going to win football games but it's not a sustainable trajectory.. He will most likely get shut down in either of the next 2 games at which point Tannenhill likely gets exposed. If KC beats Houston I think they smoke TN as the better QB prevails and we can stop pretended that the last 20 years of QB dominance and the league tilting the game towards the pass hasn't occured.

Remember too that TN is playing from the 6th seed and will have to win 3 road wins to get to SB. That's extremely difficult but anything can happen in a single game/playoff year. Long term trends will always show it's better to be a 1 or 2 seed and until run first teams with weak QB's start occupying the majority of 1 and 2 seeds there is no merit to this position

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This site is something else. 

I have seen some say that DVOA is the be all of statistics. OK

I have seen some say that because Darnold did not face many defenses with top DVOA defenses in 2019. OK

I have seen some say that Gase ruined Tannehill, and now Tannehill is this great QB that was being hindered under a terrible coach. OK

The 2019 defensive rankings that Tannehill played this year? 21, 5, 25, 14, 29, 17, 31, 26, 11, 26.

So 1 top 10 defense and only 3 defenses in the top 1/2 of the league.

If you want to make sense of the contradictions, here’s the missing piece... The only purpose of the Tannehill love letters is to blame Gase, not Darnold, if Darnold fails to improve.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You want to compare Mark Sanchez career playoff numbers to what tannehill has done so far in the playoffs?

Sanchez averaged almost 200 yards passing a game. 

Tannehill may reach 200 yards, TOTAL, by halftime of the AFC championship game.

Yeah, that's what this is all about.

OP please change thread title to Something Something Sanchez

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It should be criminal to let Gase cosch.

Tannehill beat Brady and now Lamar Jackson with Henry as his back. We can't put up a TD against those teams with L Bell and Darnold.

This kid, Tannehill, looked like hot trash his whole career... Gase literally ruined and wasted him with terrible everything.

Imagine if Sam Darnold went to the Titans? 

Gase need to be fired. It's criminal.

More fakenews from the anti-Gase brigade...

A quick study of the facts, Tannenhill spent 3 years under Gase, his first year, one of his better years, the Dolphins made the playoffs.  He missed the next season to knee injury, and the following season was banged up and hurt for most of the year again.  It was never Gase tried to ruin Tannenhill, it was Tannenhill was injury plagued for most of the time Gase was in Miami.

• Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, CTM said:

Your first blow up doll wore a #10 Jets jersey and was the model labeled "boyish".

So now you and Shane have formed some kind of disgusting duo and are looking out for each others feelings?

God help us all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

Are going to say that he also threw for TWO TD and also RAN for ONE with ZERO INTERCEPTION against a top defense.

OMG, just go away. John Elway didn't win Super Bowl until he had a running game with Terrell Davis. Learn you right freaking history. NO ONE can judge a QBs performance based on 7 completions? Lol. It's ridiculous. Now if you want to say he was great not fumbling snaps while handing off to Henry who ripped the Ravens a new azzhole or patted the defensive players backs returning to the sideline after creating ANOTHER TURNOVER? Be my guest. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

So now you and Shane have formed some kind of disgusting duo and are looking out for each others feelings?

God help us all.

Never. His first blow up doll is probably in a cage in his basement dungeon so he can play out his impotent version of sexual sadist

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2