R. Tannehill- was almost coached out of the league by idiot Gase

14 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It should be criminal to let Gase cosch.

Tannehill beat Brady....

I stopped reading right there.  Two idiotic sentences in a row is my limit.

First of all, I don't think you understand the definition of the word criminal.

Second, who beat Tom Brady?

855136435_ScreenShot2020-01-12at12_02_49PM.png.07042f78e6a08f93e596091b295765ac.png

2131628152_ScreenShot2020-01-12at12_02_42PM.png.69db95bd073a64f27712882052abe519.png

Derrick Henry beat Tom Brady.

Coach Vrabel beat Tom Brady.

In the end, with a Pick-6, Tom Brady beat Tom Brady.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And the coach of the year Gase had nothing to do with the 1-6 start?

The easy schedule was the primary reason we got to 7 wins

Injuries, specifically QB1 and QB2, destroyed the early part of our season.  At rock bottom Gase held the team together and they rallied for an astonishing 6-2 finish.

Don't tell me about an easy schedule; the Ravens had an easier schedule than the Jets and you're throwing around 14-2 as if they were the '89 Niners.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, CTM said:

Tn has a RB that's on a record breaking tear. Scrawl said first ever to do 180+ in 3 straight games. Ever. Hes averaging what 6 YPC? This kinda of dominance is unheard of its carrying Tannenhill at the moment..

When he gets contained, and they need Tannenhill to makes plays, then we will see how much better Tannenhill has become. I suspect the anti-gasers wont like the results 

You Forgot to mention that Tennenhill LED The League is QB Passer rating... if you're going to give props to Henry for the last 3 games you Have to Give Props to Tannenhill for what he did during the regular season... The Playoffs is a Whole Different animal... controlling the clock, limiting turnovers & playing stout defense Will win you Playoff games.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jetsons said:

You Forgot to mention that Tennenhill LED The League is QB Passer rating... if you're going to give props to Henry for the last 3 games you Have to Give Props to Tannenhill fo what he did during the regular season... The Playoffs is a Whole Different animal... controlling the clock, limiting turnovers & playing stout defense Will win you Playoff games.

I also give props to what Lamar did during the regular season (14-2), but last night....not so much.

Tannehill is good (always has been, high draft choice, etc.) and is now healthy (wasn't as healthy with Dolphins).  He's benefiting from about 5 things he didn't have with the Dolphins.....good health, great Offensive Line, amazing Running Back, solid defense, being asked to manage games and occasionally make a really good pass.

We saw what Lamar looks like when down by two scores and asked to be a true passing QB last night.  Tannehill hasn't really been asked to pass his way to a victory yet.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Only if idiots keep making excuses for 6-2 also use the same thinking with the hardest schedule the first 8 and no QB for half those games

Want to know what's really funny?  I mean, this is the best, they have no answer:

The people who hate Gase say "I told you he sucks!  How could he lose to the Bengals and Dolphins!"

And then you say "Oh, so you thought the crappy Gase was good enough to get a 1-6 team to an 8-1 finish then?  Because that's what winning those two games means."

And then <crickets>

SAR I

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You are actually trying to reason with him?? Why bother, he doesn't believe what he posts he is just trying to be a sh*t stirrer. 

Jets fans need to troll the trolls right now because come October they are going to be hiding and crying into their Bud Light Seltzers when the Jets are 6-2 and atop the AFC East.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I also give props to what Lamar did during the regular season (14-2), but last night....not so much.

Tannehill is good (always has been, high draft choice, etc.) and is now healthy (wasn't as healthy with Dolphins).  He's benefiting from about 5 things he didn't have with the Dolphins.....good healthy, great Offensive Line, amazing Running Back, solid defense, being asked to manage games and occasionally make a really good pass.

We saw what Lamar looks like when down by two scores and asked to be a true passing QB last night.  Tannehill hasn't really been asked to pass his way to a victory yet.

I read the fins fan sites when we play them & one of their Biggest Gripes was Gase's propensity to put Tannenhill in positions where he was apt to taking a big hit & being injured... I just hope Sam can avoid being put in the same position.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetsons said:

I read the fins fan sites when we play them & one of their Biggest Gripes was Gase's propensity to put Tannenhill in positions where he was apt to taking a big hit & being injured... I just hope Sam can avoid being put in the same position.

We've seen a season of this now.  I think Sam's mobility helps and in spite of our truly horrid OLine I felt like Gase may have learned those lessons and not given Sam 7-step drops, asked him to hold the ball, etc.  I think despite Gase WANTING to try to light it up, to send Robby deep, etc. he knew he'd be putting Sam at risk and I didn't see a ton of those plays called, even when the Jets were down by multiple scores.

Let's hope a lesson has been learned and an improved OLine leads to better days!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Xtina said:

Incredible how this minor detail is being deliberately and ignorantly overlooked. Any QB could do it. Yet somehow didn’t. We have clear before/after evidence 

I agree but it doesn’t mean anything more than he’s better than Mariota.  I guess that’s very nice. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We've seen a season of this now.  I think Sam's mobility helps and in spite of our truly horrid OLine I felt like Gase may have learned those lessons and not given Sam 7-step drops, asked him to hold the ball, etc.  I think despite Gase WANTING to try to light it up, to send Robby deep, etc. he knew he'd be putting Sam at risk and I didn't see a ton of those plays called, even when the Jets were down by multiple scores.

Let's hope a lesson has been learned and an improved OLine leads to better days!

Here's to Joe D getting Us a Tier 1 Oline... & hopefully #1 WR, Pass rusher & CB.  ??

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Pac said:

By drafting a bunch of guys who stop the run and bringing in one of the best all purpose backs in decades.

It's not bells fault Gase couldn't figure out how to utilize him.

I’m all in on Macc having no idea the difference between offensive lineman and defensive lineman. 

“ WTF you mean NFL lineman don’t play both ways, shit, shit, shit!”

-Big Macc

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately, you cannot say too much about Gase now. The team has almost no talent and was further crippled by injuries. How can you judge? Personally, I am not a big fan, but really, only thing you can tell is that the very young team never quit (okay, maybe a little in some blow out games). Unfortunately, patience is what is needed, but we are not great at that...

As far as Tannehill goes, I thought he looked pretty good in his first few years before he was injured. Yes, he won a critical couple of games with a something like 70 and 80 yards passing. Not taking anything away from him, but he was not asked to put games on his shoulders and win them - yes he played well and threw when needed, but if you switch Darnold and Tannehill this year, do the Jets win 6 of last 2 or do the Titans take their division? Just saying, it is great when you have a great D and a guy that can run for 150+ yards even though you know he is going to run.

Finally, Gase may indeed suck, but it wasn't Gase who traded him for a 4th, no the same people who fired Gase, traded Tannehill for a handful of beans with no real replacement. Why, if Gase was the reason Tannehill sucked, then why trade him once Gase was gone. Maybe, just maybe judging players is harder than some here would think, or possibly, maybe Gase wasn't so bad, or maybe Miami just sucks. Either way, it is hard to judge a player on a team sport - remember 3 years ago, all our fans talked about is how we should have traded away the world to get Marriotta, or <fill in blank>.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Want to know what's really funny?  I mean, this is the best, they have no answer:

The people who hate Gase say "I told you he sucks!  How could he lose to the Bengals and Dolphins!"

And then you say "Oh, so you thought the crappy Gase was good enough to get a 1-6 team to an 8-1 finish then?  Because that's what winning those two games means."

And then <crickets>

SAR I

Hypocrisy only rivaled by politicians at the highest levels.

"Gase can't win!" - Gase goes 6-2 over final 8.

"Gase is a bad QB coach" - Sam is Top 10 in the NFL over the second half of the season with the NFL's worst OLine and Bottom 5 WRs.

"Gase doesn't go deep to Robby as much as he should" - Gase trying to protect Sam Darnold with short passing game, still winning games while doing it, and avoiding SOJF's from using their next bullet point, "Gase got Darnold hurt!  Why is he calling 7-step drops and deep routes to Robby and Vyncint Smith?"

Some people can't change, man.  Look at this picture....

187-1870989_sunny-day-pictures-free-sunny-days.thumb.jpg.8e9319509b78188946c664dd7f22c8d5.jpg

Most people:  "What a beautiful day!  It's a great time to be outside."

SOJFs/Gase haters:  "Ugh! You see those clouds in the distance?  Storm coming.  We're f**ked!  Let's head inside."

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Same raw material?

So in your opinion, after watching the last two Titans playoff games, Gase had the same chips to maneuver and to adjust as games go on in Miami as Vrabel has in Tenn?  Its just as easy to make adjustments, ones that work with almost no talent as it is with a team that has earned its spot in the AFCCG?  

Its this simple, whoever is winning is winning because the HC is better? 

Yes. The same raw material Gase had in Miami. Gase got rid of plenty of his best players. Made the most out of them like he did with Bell. Just who are the right players for him. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Tannehill beat Brady and now Lamar Jackson with Henry as his back. We can't put up a TD against those teams with L Bell and Darnold.

This kid, Tannehill, looked like hot trash his whole career... Gase literally ruined and wasted him with terrible everything.

Imagine if Sam Darnold went to the Titans? 

Gase need to be fired. It's criminal.

that's just foolish reasoning.  tannehill wasn't very good before gase coached miami and, like it or not, he did have one of his best seasons with gase.  the rest of the time he was injured.  now he goes to a team that's run heavy and does well.  i'm not going to use the word excels because the titans are winning because they've taken the ball out of tannehill's hands.  it's kind of like when vinny was the jets qb.  vinny wasn't so hot with tampa or the browns.  his career gets resurrected with the right team.  rich gannon is another qb who finally got on the right team and did well.

right now the jets don't have an oline that can block like the titans' can and bell isn't the same type of back.  one last point, this game may go a different way if ingram doesn't get injured.  once he went out the ravens really didn't have a run game besides jackson taking off.

27 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Tannehill is good (always has been, high draft choice, etc.) and is now healthy (wasn't as healthy with Dolphins).  He's benefiting from about 5 things he didn't have with the Dolphins.....good health, great Offensive Line, amazing Running Back, solid defense, being asked to manage games and occasionally make a really good pass.

i think many people forget that the ravens don't have only jackson making plays.  ingram is a big part of the offense and once he went down, there was no run game beside jackson.  it's tough to run and pass at the same time.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, jetsons said:

You Forgot to mention that Tennenhill LED The League is QB Passer rating... if you're going to give props to Henry for the last 3 games you Have to Give Props to Tannenhill for what he did during the regular season... The Playoffs is a Whole Different animal... controlling the clock, limiting turnovers & playing stout defense Will win you Playoff games.

Maybe Gase taught him this + he's finally healthy + he's has a good coach who also emphasizes these things + the Titans have been a decent not great team the past several years and  Tannehill was the missing piece that makes the Titans work.  At the very least he's better than Mariota.  Actually looks like a good game manager ala the early years of Brady.  

15 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Yes. The same raw material Gase had in Miami. Gase got rid of plenty of his best players. Made the most out of them like he did with Bell. Just who are the right players for him. 

You really need to look into what happened in Miami and be realistic about the "raw materials" he had

They sucked.  And with that lack of talent when Tannehill was on the field they had a winning percentage.  But hey, he ruined Tannehill.  

But hey, lets go for it all.  Bells totals are on Gase.  It was Gase who called running plays and had the OL not open holes.  Because that's what His do.  Smart ones, dumb ones.  They call plays and tell the OL, let the defenders through, make sure they hit Bell behind the line of scrimmage.  Because we could clearly see that the reason it didnt work out is that Gase changed the way Bell runs from his days in Pitt.  This again, LOL

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Maybe Gase taught him this + he's finally healthy + he's has a good coach who also emphasizes these things + the Titans have been a decent not great team the past several years and  Tannehill was the missing piece that makes the Titans work.  At the very least he's better than Mariota.  Actually looks like a good game manager ala the early years of Brady.  

where have you seen Any of that from gase?

15 minutes ago, jetsons said:

where have you seen Any of that from gase?

I thought Darnold looked better as a game manager as the year progressed...maybe it was Gase maybe it was because the LT and C positions improved ever so slightly.  Either way it looked like a point of emphasis.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

I thought Darnold looked better as a game manager as the year progressed...maybe it was Gase maybe it was because the LT and C positions improved ever so slightly.  Either way it looked like a point of emphasis.

okay... I can't say if gase was a reason for that or not... Hopefully he Was & has learned from his prior mistakes... 2020 will tell. 

16 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Tannehill beat Brady and now Lamar Jackson with Henry as his back. We can't put up a TD against those teams with L Bell and Darnold.

This kid, Tannehill, looked like hot trash his whole career... Gase literally ruined and wasted him with terrible everything.

Imagine if Sam Darnold went to the Titans? 

Gase need to be fired. It's criminal.

This narrative is getting tired.  The one year he had Tanny healthy he made the Playoffs.  Gase didn't have the Titans Defense or Derrick Henry.  I hate these apples to oranges comparisons.  I don't know whats going to happen with Gase, if he improves with better oline next season is tbd, but these comparisons are just bullsh*t.

Tannehill was much better before the Fraud.  He was brought in to elevate Tannehill and ended up with Tanny being traded, benched and just another first round bust until Vrabel had enought with Mariota.  Tannehill became the highest passer rating in the league.  Do you honestly with a straight face believe that the Fraud could had done that?

Tannehill was better before the Fraud regressed under him and became better after him.  
#FACTSMATTERS
Not a great fan of Gase, but if Tannehill was better before Gase then why did Tannehill's yards per attempt, yards per completion, completion percentage, TD:INT ratio, and QB rating (93.1 vs. 85.2) all improve under "the Fraud"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

"Gase is a bad QB coach" - Sam is Top 10 in the NFL over the second half of the season with the NFL's worst OLine and Bottom 5 WRs.

"Gase doesn't go deep to Robby as much as he should" - Gase trying to protect Sam Darnold with short passing game, still winning games while doing it, and avoiding SOJF's from using their next bullet point, "Gase got Darnold hurt!  Why is he calling 7-step drops and deep routes to Robby and Vyncint Smith?"

187-1870989_sunny-day-pictures-free-sunny-days.thumb.jpg.8e9319509b78188946c664dd7f22c8d5.jpg

SOJFs/Gase haters:  "Ugh! You see those clouds in the distance?  Storm coming.  We're f**ked!  Let's head inside."

It snowed 6 inches the last few days, It is going to be -38 by tuesday and Gase is still our coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Injuries, specifically QB1 and QB2, destroyed the early part of our season.  At rock bottom Gase held the team together and they rallied for an astonishing 6-2 finish.

Don't tell me about an easy schedule; the Ravens had an easier schedule than the Jets and you're throwing around 14-2 as if they were the '89 Niners.

SAR I

Yes and 31 other nfl teams had no injuries.  Other coaches figured out ways to win multiple games with backups and third stringers this year

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Homers: “This is how I want it to be outside so I won’t look out the window or check the forecast. Further, I will burn all my rain and cold weather gear because why would I ever need those again since I believe it to be so nice outside? Only haters need umbrellas.”

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Only if idiots keep making excuses for 6-2 also use the same thinking in regards to having the hardest schedule the first 8 games and not having our QB for half those games 

No excuses just merely pointing out the jets had an easy schedule hence 7 wins instead of the usual 4-5

Quick name me the playoff teams Gase beat this year besides the bills who benched their entire team