Jets begin contract extension talks with Jamal Adams

Rhg1084

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah that I dont agree with at all. Getting Dallas' first rounder for the opportunity to either get oline or receiver high in this draft is worth more than Jamal Adams. Dallas isnt giving up Martin or Smith for Adams. 

We have the 11th pick in the draft. We can trade down, pick up an OT and WR in the draft and keep Adams. 

6 minutes ago, villain_the_foe said:

We have the 11th pick in the draft. We can trade down, pick up an OT and WR in the draft and keep Adams. 

Depends who’s at 11 and if we have a GM competent to pull off such a move.

Adams possesses Cowboy/Jerry pizazz, while being an overvalued commodity. These are the guys you pawn off on Dallas. If they truly like him like that and are willing to give up their first it’s a no brainer.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Adams possesses Cowboy/Jerry pizazz, while being an overvalued commodity. These are the guys you own off on Dallas. If they truly like him like that and are willing to give up their first it’s a no brainer.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the Vikings have the 22nd and 25th picks in the 1st round. The problem is that they have 12 picks in the draft and a talented team. They cant use all of those picks. The Jets have a top 11 pick and two 2nd round picks. 

The vikings needs will be sitting there at 11 while the Jets can stock up on players. 

All without having to trade our best player on the team. 

I couldn't care less which era of Football we're taking about there will always be room for dominant Safety's both FS and SS alike. Just look @ the Hall of Fame. Absolute legend SS's with a lot of SB rings too. 

And Marcus Maye may be a FS; but he's half the player that Jamal Adams is @ SS ala I don't see anyone offering a 1st round pick for MARCUS MAYE @ FS! lol

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Adams possesses Cowboy/Jerry pizazz, while being an overvalued commodity. These are the guys you pawn off on Dallas. If they truly like him like that and are willing to give up their first it’s a no brainer.

You’re using your own argument against yourself.  Who’s to say we trade Adams for 17 and don’t have the competent GM to pick the right guy?  I’d rather attempt a trade back and keep Jamal and still gamble we pick the right players.

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

You can make it yourself. You just need a Baker jersey, a paper clip, two rubber bands, a stapler, a good pair scissors and before  you know it you will be much less dangerous. 

So the only thing I have to buy are some rubber bands, huh? Hmmmm...

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah it did not count, does that remove the fact that Jamal got his ass cooked?

You could also look at a lot of plays where our ilbs got killed in coverage because our safety was up on the line.

What a dumb post. You've got classic penis envy with Jamal Adams. I'm just going to tell you this because you obviously need to be taught.....

Jamal Adams WILL be a Jet for possibly his entire career. He'll also make the pro bowl ANY year he's not injured. Does that about sum it up for you? You can stop splitting hairs and grasping at straws in desperation to find any angle to criticize Jamal's play. It's ludicrous and EVERYONE who sees your posts knows it immediately.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

What a dumb post. You've got classic penis envy with Jamal Adams. I'm just going to tell you this because you obviously need to be taught.....

Jamal Adams WILL be a Jet for possibly his entire career. He'll also make the pro bowl ANY year he's not injured. Does that about sum it up for you? You can stop splitting hairs and grasping at straws in desperation to find any angle to criticize Jamal's play. It's ludicrous and EVERYONE who sees your posts knows it immediately.

If the jets ever get a legit pass rusher Jamal will fade back into becoming a run stopper.

He doe snot create turnovers, he is not great in pass coverage.

His gaudy pff pass stats?  He hardly every is asked to cover anyone.

He will not be a jet for his whole career, few players do.

He will get more probowls because the pro bowl his abut rep more than actual performance.

He will get paid by the jets, and like a guy like Landon Collins it will be buyers regret a year later.

Oh and his relentless self promotion that people buy into will continue.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If the jets ever get a legit pass rusher Jamal will fade back into becoming a run stopper.

He doe snot create turnovers, he is not great in pass coverage.

His gaudy pff pass stats?  He hardly every is asked to cover anyone.

He will not be a jet for his whole career, few players do.

He will get more probowls because the pro bowl his abut rep more than actual performance.

He will get paid by the jets, and like a guy like Landon Collins it will be buyers regret a year later.

Oh and his relentless self promotion that people buy into will continue.

Let me know when you wake up from your delusions

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Funny, because he said he wanted to be in Dallas.  He's just not that into you, dude. 

2 hours ago, AFerg726 said:

I support paying our best player and emotional leader. 

I won’t argue that he is our best player BUT I wouldn’t call him a leader.  Most of the time it’s about himself.  I hate Mike Francesa but he was pretty accurate about Adams mindset about how he relates to the Jets “They’re bad but I’m great”.  Now if we did trade him I would need a monster return because despite what we think of him personally is is very very talented 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

5 months old bro ... Get over it ... GeeZ

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dude I wasnt posting it ad a “bash Jamal” post.  I think you are overreacting lol.  I don’t hate or love Jamal.  I don’t even like Mike but I think he brought up some fair points

On 4/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, 14 in Green said:

I agree we can question taking him where we did, especially since we took Maye in the second.

However, that's not Adams fault, is it?

As far as a trade? I'm okay with that, but I'm not ok with trading a 25 year old All Pro at ANY position for a single draft pick. If we could get what JD was rumored to be asking last year ( a very good OL and a 1st ). fine, I could go for that.  Don't give me that 1st and a 3rd or 4th stuff though.

Adams is one of the best players in the leagu. If you're going to trade him, you have to get a haul.

Well if he is as you say, "one of the best player in the league", let's see what teams offer for him. According to you they should be lining up to get him. We shall see ?

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, GaryM said:

Well if he is as you say, "one of the best player in the league", let's see what teams offer for him. According to you they should be lining up to get him. We shall see ?

Between your constant thumbs down and that you leave posts like this, I don't know why I'm bothering to even respond to you, but here goes.

1. Only an idiot would think a 3 year veteran who has made two Pro Bowls and been named All Pro isn't one of the best players in the league. Obviously you don't think he is so infer what you want from my previous sentence.

2. As for your "they should be lining up to get him" comment, I guess you know something we don't... that the Jets are trying to trade him? So if the Jets keep him, it's only because they couldn't trade him because he's not a good player... ?

BTW, I'm trying to be civil here, but do you honestly equate the value of a player with how many teams are trying to acquire him? Do you really think teams lined up to call about trading for players like Tom Brady, Gronkowski, Donald, or in other sports Trout deGrom, Lebron, etc?

I'll answer that for you, because I think you'll have trouble understanding why they don't. It's because when a player is really good, it takes a really lot of assets to acquire him in a trade. Here's one other nugget for you. When a smart team has a guy like that, they don't look to get rid of him, only the fans on a message board do.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Between your constant thumbs down and that you leave posts like this, I don't know why I'm bothering to even respond to you, but here goes.

1. Only an idiot would think a 3 year veteran who has made two Pro Bowls and been named All Pro isn't one of the best players in the league. Obviously you don't think he is so infer what you want from my previous sentence.

2. As for your "they should be lining up to get him" comment, I guess you know something we don't... that the Jets are trying to trade him? So if the Jets keep him, it's only because they couldn't trade him because he's not a good player... ?

BTW, I'm trying to be civil here, but do you honestly equate the value of a player with how many teams are trying to acquire him? Do you really think teams lined up to call about trading for players like Tom Brady, Gronkowski, Donald, or in other sports Trout deGrom, Lebron, etc?

I'll answer that for you, because I think you'll have trouble understanding why they don't. It's because when a player is really good, it takes a really lot of assets to acquire him in a trade. Here's one other nugget for you. When a smart team has a guy like that, they don't look to get rid of him, only the fans on a message board do.

Where is the line drawn on best players in the league? Top what 20? 30?

Just now, Matt39 said:

Where is the line drawn on best players in the league? Top what 20? 30?

Interesting question. I think All Pro is a nice way to start. You get what, the top 2 at each position? Certain positions might have more some less. Is there a need to limit it, or do you just want to eliminate guys like the FBs, PKs punters, etc? Maybe even strong safety, wink wink because you don't value that position as much as let's say nose tackle?

As far as a finite number, I guess you could use any you want, right? If you want to list 5, 10, 22, that's up to you. I think if you're a knowledgable fan though, you know who the best players in the league are, and there can more than one at each position.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Interesting question. I think All Pro is a nice way to start. You get what, the top 2 at each position? Certain positions might have more some less. Is there a need to limit it, or do you just want to eliminate guys like the FBs, PKs punters, etc? Maybe even strong safety, wink wink because you don't value that position as much as let's say nose tackle?

As far as a finite number, I guess you could use any you want, right? If you want to list 5, 10, 22, that's up to you. I think if you're a knowledgable fan though, you know who the best players in the league are, and there can more than one at each position.

I ask because I think I could easily get to 20 without even thinking of Adams.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

I ask because I think I could easily get to 20 without even thinking of Adams.

Yeah that's why I loved your question. 

I get your point, you probably thought of a bunch of QBs, some WRs, defenders like Watt and Donald, etc, right off the bat. It's very rare that a 3rd year player is thought of as "great", because we usually want to see a player perform at a very high level for a long time.

I do think that if a player has been named to two Pro Bowls and an All Pro team in his first three seasons he's done as much as you can ask, and is on his way to being thought of like that.

Add in the fact that he's the best player on his particular team, and he has two more years left on a rookie deal, and I think you're talking about a very valuable commodity. I wouldn't trade that for some crap shoot mid teen or higher 1st round pick. In order to do it, you'd have to blow me away with an offer I couldn't turn down. 

Call me crazy, but I like sure things, and I like having my team's best player remain on my team.

• Thumb Down 1

On 4/6/2020 at 6:10 PM, Matt39 said:

Didn't Dallas just sign a safety in FA a couple of weeks ago? I'm not sure, but I think they did.

• Thumb Down 1

On 4/7/2020 at 8:49 PM, heymangold said:

You make it seem like he’s doing that and Gregg Williams isn’t calling the plays.

What difference does it make? He is still rushing the passer more than any safety. That of course increases his pressures. And as far as you 14, I can play all day!

• Thumb Down 1

On 4/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, 14 in Green said:

Didn't Dallas just sign a safety in FA a couple of weeks ago? I'm not sure, but I think they did.

Surely HaHa Clinton-Dix wouldn't prevent ol' Jerry from going after the best Safety in the league, now would it?

Also, Jamal Adams is "a lot more than a Safety" according to a lot of you, no?  Surely Jerry knows he can line Jamal up at FS, SS, CB, OLB, ILB, EDGE, TE and QB, no?

• Haha 1