Jets begin contract extension talks with Jamal Adams

Rhg1084

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

Jaworski is a dumb polack (redundant?) who once said Kellen Clemens was a great QB prospect 

Agree but on the other hand one is an observation on what hes seeing today, the other is a projection of what Clemens could become if he develops.  

In fairness its easy to screw up the later, especially if the player screws it up.  Many have but has nothing to do with grading a player out 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Which is, IMO, part of the problem.  Having a strong safety be your best player and leader will never, ever, lead to a Super Bowl.

I don't see it as a problem in any way.  

To start we're talking leader and the leader of a team doesn't have to be the best player on the team.  There are plenty of so so players who are the leaders of teams that have won. 

Everything the leader of the D, the team does is totally unrelated to position.  Keeping players together, keeping them on the same page, keeping them pushing forward, united, all the cliches, none are position dependent IMO.  Being the coaches on field presence usually falls one to a LB, two too a DB.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't see it as a problem in any way.  

That's your right, but I will continue to point out that we were the dead last Offense in the NFL last year.  Dead.  Last.

Till that gets fixed, you could have a dozen Jamal Adams and we still stink and won't compete legitimately for the postseason.

No Super Bowl winner I can recall was ever led by their Strong Safety.  Most have been led by their Franchise QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's your right, but I will continue to point out that we were the dead last Offense in the NFL last year.  Dead.  Last.

Till that gets fixed, you could have a dozen Jamal Adams and we still stink and won't compete legitimately for the postseason.

No Super Bowl winner I can recall was ever led by their Strong Safety.  Most have been led by their Franchise QB.

I totally agree.  The offense has been ignored for so long its come to where it should given how long its been ignored. 

But none of this changes if Adams isn't the best player on the D.  If hes not the leader on this team.  It doesn't even change if hes traded.  

Lott, Sanders, Palomala and Ed Reed were leaders at S and top players for their teams.  The Colts were vastly different with Sanders than without him.  Three are in the HOF.  Having a really good player at S doesn't hurt your team.  Just need more than one player.

23 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Jamal has two years left on his rookie contract as a safety. Dak Prescott played a critical position throughout his rookie contract providing the Cowboys the necessary cap to build their team.  

Jamal is an outstanding player, but I think we should wait until the end of the next season.  The critical aspect is that the Jets have control right now and they should maintain firm on priorities to help the OL/Sam. If Jamal is all-in on this team, he should understand the team's priority and have a selfless approach about his future with the team.  

Do not wait too long to trade Adams. 

Two years ago the Knicks could have gotten a heist for Kristaps Porzingis they were offered Jaylon Brown and two firsts they waited way too long and ended up with homeless man’s Marbury instead

Adams will start crying about wanting Mo Wilk money middle of next season his value is at an all time high now once he starts b itching it will nose dive

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm a polack, I thought that means I'm allowed to say that?

Don't know and don't care. However, if Maxman or one of the Jet Nation police saw this, I bet you'd get yourself in trouble. Don't post stupid stuff and you might not get banned.

5 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Don't know and don't care. However, if Maxman or one of the Jet Nation police saw this, I bet you'd get yourself in trouble. Don't post stupid stuff and you might not get banned.

Got it. Nbd, I'm busy anyway,  my dad and brother are on the way over to help change this light bulb

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

If Quinnen Williams is an example of the fruits of Jamal Adams’ leadership, then we should launch him from Florham Park with a catapult 
Dude ... Quinnen just needs to hit the weight room and mature into a man over s couple years. He has the talent to beast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think some of us would prefer you don't. 

Not every Pole is cool with such a hate-filled and racist term, even self-applied.

JMO.

I once saw my bother, 1/4 Pole, bring sudden silence to a room of drunken full-Pole family members with a stupid Polack joke.

it was pretty ******* embarrassing. 

Jamal has two years left on his rookie contract as a safety. Dak Prescott played a critical position throughout his rookie contract providing the Cowboys the necessary cap to build their team.  
Jamal is an outstanding player, but I think we should wait until the end of the next season.  The critical aspect is that the Jets have control right now and they should maintain firm on priorities to help the OL/Sam. If Jamal is all-in on this team, he should understand the team's priority and have a selfless approach about his future with the team.  

No chance Jamal plays this year for just $7M without causing trouble.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No way Adams accepts only 15M a year.

It might be a little more than that but probably not much.  Eddie Jackson is currently the highest paid at $14.6mm. 

I could see maybe a $16mm per deal. Either way it will seem like a bargain 2 years later, assuming he continues to play at a high level in his prime. This is the contract you want to give - the next one probably not.

31 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I once saw my bother, 1/4 Pole, bring sudden silence to a room of drunken full-Pole family members with a stupid Polack joke.

Lol.

I should be clear, I'm a Scot (by birth) and Scotch/Irish (50%/50%) by parentage.  I don't have a drop of Pole in my blood.  You can call me whatever you like, fat drunken dress wearer is always popular.

My wife, on the other hand, is pretty much 100% Pole.  Even I get punched in the balls if I use the P. word, lol.

I guess being stuck between the Nazi's and the Commies (or the Prussians and the Czar) is enough to make anyone a bit defensive!  That is one durable culture.  I should add, I love Warsaw, it's a great city to be in, as is Krakow.  

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

And resigning Jamal Adams will have no bearing on that whatsoever. That's 100% up to Sammy and the player he develops into.

Every dollar spent on Adams is a dollar no longer available to spend on the Offense.

Retaining Adams is a #1 and #3 (or similar) draft pick unavailable to be used to build the Offense.

Opportunity cost is a thing.

If you value Adams more than the highest salary for a defensive player in the NFL AND a #1 and #3 pick, I can respect that.  

But lets not pretend it has "no effect" on other things.  It absolutely does.

Just now, Warfish said:

Every dollar spent on Adams is a dollar no longer available to spend on the Offense.

Retaining Adams is a #1 and #3 (or similar) draft pick unavailable to be used to build the Offense.

Opportunity cost is a thing.

So every dollar spent on the D is considered wasted money by you. 

Paying Mosley all that money is ok. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I totally agree.  The offense has been ignored for so long its come to where it should given how long its been ignored. 

But none of this changes if Adams isn't the best player on the D.  If hes not the leader on this team.  It doesn't even change if hes traded.  

Lott, Sanders, Palomala and Ed Reed were leaders at S and top players for their teams.  The Colts were vastly different with Sanders than without him.  Three are in the HOF.  Having a really good player at S doesn't hurt your team.  Just need more than one player.

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.  Now we are at the point where signing Jamal Adams means he’s the guy that is going to lead us to the Super Bowl because apparently we will never find better players.  It’s all on Jamal.  Not the other 52 players.  And the Jets roster building ends the day Jamal is extended.  It’s their final move as a franchise.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.  Now we are at the point where signing Jamal Adams means he’s the guy that is going to lead us to the Super Bowl because apparently we will never find better players.  It’s all on Jamal.  Not the other 52 players.  And the Jets roster building ends the day Jamal is extended.  It’s their final move as a franchise.  

JiF you build a winning culture and team around players like Jamal Adams. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JiF you build a winning culture and team around players like Jamal Adams. 

No doubt, Joe.  And the hypocrisy that is coming full throttle daily in this thread is amazing.  Remember when Rex ridding the team of all the leaders that Mangini brought in is why the Jets began to fail?  And now we don’t need our best leader who’s also our best player!!!

JNlogic baby!

58 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

My experiance is entirely different, the full pole side of my family had no issue with it , in fact my aunts were relentless ball busters and used to tease the kids about being polacks