Mahomes > Brady

Blackout

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't think that's a controversial take in 2020. A lot of guys are better than Brady these days.

Will his career be as good? I doubt it, but I hope so.

Mahomes is light years ahead of Brady’s career in terms of when they both started. Brady sat on the bench for a number of years. Mahomes has been setting records from day one. This kid is phenomenal.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Mahomes is light years ahead of Brady’s career in terms of when they both started. Brady sat on the bench for a number of years. Mahomes has been setting records from day one. This kid is phenomenal.

Brady won a SB in his second year in the NFL.  Mahomes started 1 game in his rookie year and didn't win a SB until his third year in the NFL.  Next year Mahomes will have to win the SB to tie Brady's 2 in his first 4 years.  Brady sat on the bench for 1 year and 1.5 games before becoming the full time starter.  

Brady had an amazing career from pretty much his first start in game 3 of his second year.  Mahomes is a special talent.  I liken him to Michael Jordan at the early stages of his career.  That doesn't mean Larry Bird wasn't sensational.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Brady won a SB in his second year in the NFL.  Mahomes started 1 game in his rookie year and didn't win a SB until his third year in the NFL.  Next year Mahomes will have to win the SB to tie Brady's 2 in his first 4 years.  Brady sat on the bench for 1 year and 1.5 games before becoming the full time starter.  

Brady had an amazing career from pretty much his first start in game 3 of his second year.  Mahomes is a special talent.  I liken him to Michael Jordan at the early stages of his career.  That doesn't mean Larry Bird wasn't sensational.  

the stats say Mahomes so far...    SB wins as criteria for greatness mean, um, Marino was worse than Griese, whcih we know is malarkey.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

the stats say Mahomes so far...    SB wins as criteria for greatness mean, um, Marino was worse than Griese, whcih we know is malarkey.

Do you realize that Brady had 28 TD's in his third year and Mahomes had 26.  Marino is top 10 in NFL history.  I have no issue with Mahomes career so far is probably the best ever.  So far isn't a career.  Bo Jackson was the baddest dude in the NFL until he disappeared because of a freak injury.  The NFL is a league of attrition.  Brady wins the prize for avoiding attrition.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Mahomes didn’t play until the last game of his rookie year (maybe second to last)

Brady pretty much played his entire second year.  Really not much of a difference.

If you take the cheating away - it’s ridiculous and childish to make any claim that Mahomes is better than Brady already. 

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Mahomes didn’t play until the last game of his rookie year (maybe second to last)

Brady pretty much played his entire second year.  Really not much of a difference.

If you take the cheating away - it’s ridiculous and childish to make any claim that Mahomes is better than Brady already. 

Child please. Can’t you read. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Brady didn’t sit for a number of years - just one..

Mahomes didn’t set records from day one - he sat almost his entire rookie year. 

That is literally what you wrote.  What did I not read properly?

Yes correct but my point was Mahomes stats at the beginning of his career have outshined Brady’s. He’s only played 2 years as a starter yet has the potential to obliterate all QB records. Brady in his first 2 years as a starter can’t compare to Mahomes. 

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Kinda like saying, if you take the losses away, every Jets QB is undefeated. 

Cheating is what got Brady his first 3 rings. Then there’s deflate gate and then there’s spy gate 2.0. And there’s probably another 3-4 different gates in between we are unaware of and you get a career full of gates. Brady might as well change his last name to Gates. Same for Bellish*t. Bill Gates. 

9 hours ago, Biggs said:

Do you realize that Brady had 28 TD's in his third year and Mahomes had 26.  Marino is top 10 in NFL history.  I have no issue with Mahomes career so far is probably the best ever.  So far isn't a career.  

do you reaLIZE mahomes threw 50 tds in his first year as starter?

On 2/3/2020 at 11:10 AM, PepPep said:

LOL. Just LOL. Call him a cheat and maybe he is but the stats don't lie. Maybe someday Mahomes will surpass Brady. But even getting close will be a miracle with what Brady has accomplished. Brady has more career passing attempts than Mahomes has passing yards. The comparison, at this point, is laughable. 

Tom Brady   

Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2019
Passing attempts: 9,988
Passing completions: 6,377
Completion percentage: 63.8
TDINT: 541–179
Passing yards: 74,571
Passer rating: 97.0
Rushing yards: 1,037
Rushing touchdowns: 22

Mahomes

Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2019
TDINT: 76–18
Passing yards: 9,412
Completion percentage: 65.9
Passer rating: 108.9

national champion ? stop padding the stats that don't need padding

9 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Yes correct but my point was Mahomes stats at the beginning of his career have outshined Brady’s. He’s only played 2 years as a starter yet has the potential to obliterate all QB records. Brady in his first 2 years as a starter can’t compare to Mahomes. 

Brady had more TD’s in his second year as a starter than Mahomes did. 

yes Mahomes first year was absurdly amazing but still - Brady’s career will be very tough to match by anyone considering the longevity alone. 

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

yes Mahomes first year was absurdly amazing but still - Brady’s career will be very tough to match by anyone considering the longevity alone. 

Mahomes first year was on the bench.

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2020 at 7:51 PM, jgb said:

I hope you like coconuts because you're on a deserted island with the opinion that the 2001 Pats (who went 5-11 the year before) were a more talented team than the 2019 Chiefs. Your attempt to exclude Hill and Kelce is better than any argument that I could ever come up with to prove my point. Thank you for that but I can't resist continuing to press my advantage here.

Even Bill Belichick himself agrees with me (and everyone else):

"According to David Halberstam’s The Education of a Coach, Belichick reacted to the 2001 upset of the Rams by crowing, 'Can you believe we won the Super Bowl with this?!'”

https://slate.com/culture/2008/09/tom-brady-s-knee-injury-gives-bill-belichick-the-chance-to-prove-his-genius.html

Fox Sports in 2017 ranked the 2001 Pats as the 3rd worst ever team to play in (not to mention win) a SB:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/worst-super-bowl-teams-ever-giants-patriots-cardinals-point-differential-020317

USA Today had them #47 out of #49 best teams to win a SB in a 2016 article:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/best-super-bowl-team-winner-ranking-best-nfl-team-ever-super-bowl-50-redskins-49ers-cowboys-packers-patriots

In the only rating I could find that includes this SB, Athlon Sports has the 2001 Pats as the #48 out of 54 best SB champions (2019 Chiefs are #30):

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/ranking-every-super-bowl-champion

I could go on and on. Start Googling killer pina colada recipes.

Just bumping in case @rangerous missed it the first time around :)

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Think about Mahomes’ skills though. He’s faster, has a better arm, is elusive and is a gunslinger. True, Brady’s career will be tough to match. I still feel Montana was the GOAT in terms of greatest QB. Mahomes is special and has potential to break ALL records.

26 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Think about Mahomes’ skills though. He’s faster, has a better arm, is elusive and is a gunslinger. True, Brady’s career will be tough to match. I still feel Montana was the GOAT in terms of greatest QB. Mahomes is special and has potential to break ALL records.

That could make Josh Allen the GOAT

Mahomes arm strength doesnt make him a better QB, it can help but Bradys arm was Chads.  His arm was good enough to make the throws and run a NFL offense. If Mahomes is going to go on to be the GOAT it will come with sustained success.  He has that potential

17 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

No, that's factually incorrect. They both sat for one year and then became the starter in year two -- and Brady won his first Super Bowl even faster.

23 hours ago, jgb said:

Just bumping in case @rangerous missed it the first time around :)

wise guy.  consider the sources.  i don't mind being corrected but the simple fact is there are 11 guys on the offense, defense, special teams, etc and whole is usually greater than the sum of the parts.  i'm no patsie fan but you have to admire the way that team played very well as a team and didn't need to rely on flashy pro bowlers to succeed.  it's still a team game.

• 3 years later...

Mahomes is definitely better than Brady, but Brady still has the better resumé. Once Mahomes starts breaking Brady's cumulative records will I consider him greatest of all time. He's easily ontrack for it.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:18 AM, FidelioJet said:

Brady’s longevity was certainly his most impressive quality and obviously big part of why his records  will likely hold up. You would have to be nuts to a 40+ year old QB could still play at a championship level in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Mahomes will go down as the GOAT I called it back in 2016.

Also Reid is going to go down as the GOAT HC.

It's amazing the intangibles that Mahommes has.  Joe Burrow is probably a better "fundamentals" QB but can't shine Mahommes shoes.  

McNabb had the total package but lacked the intangibles.