OT: I just tested positive with COVID

34 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

A couple people I know in Staten had it. They were prescribed hydroxychloroquine and were fine in a few days.

the original thing in Marseilles had an N of 20 and reported all started out with mild sypmtoms whcih cleared...    

there are also alotta people who get it and only get mild symptoms whcih clear...  w/o it ...  THATS what needs to be known.

i would gamnle there are folks who stayed home iwth it and dank chamomile tea and it cleared..  the question is CAUSATION.

for me, as a scientist, the important thing is , what happens when you give this ( with the azithro) to people who have serious symtoms compared to the people who are getting whatever they are getting now ( or not getting anything?)

it'd obvioulsy be greatr if this worked.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

the original thing in Marseilles had an N of 20 and reported all started out with mild sypmtoms whcih cleared...    

there are also alotta people who get it and only get mild symptoms whcih clear...  w/o it ...  THATS what needs to be known.

i would gamnle there are folks who stayed home iwth it and dank chamomile tea and it cleared..  the question is CAUSATION.

for me, as a scientist, the important thing is , what happens when you give this ( with the azithro) to people who have serious symtoms compared to the people who are getting whatever they are getting now ( or not getting anything?)

So you are saying I should invest in Chamomile tea?

42 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Spring break , my friend , didn't help Florida . 

Spring Break didn't help us but New Yorkers traveling to Florida was way worse than spring breakers to the point of being check points starting before Florida. But yea, it's either Spring Breakers or New Yorkers that's attacking Florida right now it's just the virus itself once it spreads it spreads fast and we've never seen anything like this before. 

Not to sound cold or mean spirited but once America found out this virus was in China? We should have locked up our borders immediately and no, not just for China but the entire world. Because now it's here and people are losing lives and family members it's horrific. 

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Spring Break didn't help us but New Yorkers traveling to Florida was way worse than spring breakers to the point of being check points starting before Florida. But yea, it's either Spring Breakers or New Yorkers that's attacking Florida right now it's just the virus itself once it spreads it spreads fast and we've never seen anything like this before. 

Not to sound cold or mean spirited but once America found out this virus was in China? We should have locked up our borders immediately and no, not just for China but the entire world. Because now it's here and people are losing lives and family members it's horrific. 

China is to blame . Stop eating all those weird foods . Andrew Zimmern is to blame for televising this crap . 

My aunt Joan has 9 kids and puts her life on the line every day. I asked her to please quit and she won't. She works @ the VA hospital and explained to me how they've put their lives on the line to protect and fight for our country and now it's her turn to do gods work and pay it forward by fighting for and protecting them even if it means death she's courageous and fearless and biggest heart ever I just can't imagine my cousin's losing their mom over this. This is a nightmare especially for New York right now. 

• Sympathy 2

ah the herd of stupids strikes!!!

At least 20 mobile phone masts across the UK are believed to have been torched or otherwise vandalised since Thursday, according to government and industry sources who are increasingly concerned about the impact of baseless theories linking coronavirus to 5G networks.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/06/at-least-20-uk-phone-masts-vandalised-over-false-5g-coronavirus-claims

in thge USA all the people who did this would have multiple military grade assault weapons as well...  YAY!

22 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

China is to blame . Stop eating all those weird foods . Andrew Zimmern is to blame for televising this crap . 

China is to blame but not for the foods they eat but for allowing this to spread all over the world. How we look @ the Chinese for eating cats dogs and everything else? Muslim countries look @ Americans as being even more disgusting for us eating ribs and pork. Can't blame them for eating what they eat out of poverty and survival. 

And plus I don't even believe this virus is from an animal as the Chinese have eaten cats dogs bugs bats and rats since beginning of time; this is man made from a lab and sent to America and around the world as a terror attack on population and I don't think anything can convince me otherwise. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I hope I am wrong, but history shows otherwise (polio still exists, flu every year...)

doing the same thing and expecting different results... 

It still exists but you don't hear about many people that died from polio. jeez. 

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

Dr. Trump. As Losmeister pointed out, there is no current validation that hydroxychloroquine is better than a placebo. It might be found to be helpful in mild cases, or not. Nor are the testimonials of patients who haven't a clue why they got better and which cohort they're in. But I get the need to validate Trump' stable genius. He's actually a menace in this instance and should stay out of things he simply doesn't have a clue about.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

There are 2 labs near the Wuhan markets in question. Appear in the past workers(not doctors nor researchers), being stupid and looking for a quick yuan or 2, sold animals that had been used in the labs to the wet markets. In most cases, as disgusting as that is, it's not a big deal. But in this case they probably did sell infected bat species to the markets,and there you go. Indisputable the Chinese government is probably less than useless and completely dishonest and untrustworthy. But that is not "engineered". 

May I ask where you got this story from? There is more nonsense floating on the internet right now from conspiracy nuts that it's hard to keep up. No one really knows where the virus started or when. All that can be said is that it was difinitively NOT man-made or engineered, or weaponized. The DNA backbone of COVID is unique; it is not piggybacked on an existing virus. Period. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, talisaynon said:

Forsythia

You know the craziest part about that entire flick is ^this is the part they were most right about. The crazy bloggers and spread of disinformation on the internet is nuts. Look at this ******* thread. Everyone in here is a medical expert or statistician or expert on China all of a sudden.

• Upvote 2

Dr. Trump. As Losmeister pointed out, there is no current validation that hydroxychloroquine is better than a placebo. It might be found to be helpful in mild cases, or not. Nor are the testimonials of patients who haven't a clue why they got better and which cohort they're in. But I get the need to validate Trump' stable genius. He's actually a menace in this instance and should stay out of things he simply doesn't have a clue about.

Is the same true for this Dr? Who is a few weeks behind? https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491358-cuomo-use-of-antimalarial-drug-in-new-york-hospitals-anecdotally

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You know the craziest part about that entire flick is ^this is the part they were most right about. The crazy bloggers and spread of disinformation on the internet is nuts. Look at this ******* thread. Everyone in here is a medical expert or statistician or expert on China all of a sudden.

I am not a Doctor but I slept in a Holiday Inn last night. Had the whole place to myself actually.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Losmeister said:

wasnt making any  specific challenge to what you wrote, just attributing it correctly...      its not engineered, thats already debunked.

there are 2 known main strains, L and S IIRC...

if this is engineered you think they going to tell us

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

no way to prove it either way so lets leave it at that

The Chinese Communist Party are brutal thugs. Not sure how "communist" they are any more, simply they are the gang in charge. They have stolen patents and intellectual property from us, and bootlegged consumer goods forever. Admit I have a few Jets jerseys that were way cheaper than if I went to NFL.com. For a half century the US has very stupidly allowed our manufacturing base to move there. 

But to suggest they engineered or manufactured this as a tool; that goes too far. Never attribute to a plan what can be much more easily explained with stupidity. And some low level lab functionary selling a bat carcass having no idea it would be so dangerous sounds like the most plausible way this happened. What we can fault China for is lying about it and not sharing the information with the rest of the world back in December and January. And that is indisputable. 

14 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

May I ask where you got this story from? There is more nonsense floating on the internet right now from conspiracy nuts that it's hard to keep up. No one really knows where the virus started or when. All that can be said is that it was difinitively NOT man-made or engineered, or weaponized. The DNA backbone of COVID is unique; it is not piggybacked on an existing virus. Period. 

I think this would be a good read for anyone here interested in discovering the origin of this disease. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/us/coronavirus-scientists-debate-origin-theories-invs/index.html

It may have somehow gotten out of the lab but it does not appear to be man made or manufactured.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

They were going to need 30,00 ventilators in New York.  Social distancing and lockdown seem to be working and lowering the numbers.  I think the compliance rate amongst the population is getting better.  Not as many parks overcrowded with people as there were just two weeks ago.

I don't think the projections were wrong, they simply pushed hard enough with isolation and mitigation that the numbers are heading in a better direction.  It's kinda like telling 10 people at the office they'll get wet if they go outside because it's raining.  Only 3 of them turn out to get wet (a good thing)....because 7 followed the advice and stayed inside.   The projection wasn't wrong.  10 people WERE going to get wet....until we did something to prevent that from happening.  Just my take.

This.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Losmeister said:

got sh*t for brains? the virus dont care about your bluster

Pastor Landon Spradlin wasn't worried about coronavirus when he went to New Orleans to preach during Mardi Gras. A month later he was dead.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52157824

Maybe if someone told Trump the virus would kill a lot of his dumbass support base he would have taken it more seriously early on.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

21 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Can't disagree. What scientific discipline if I may ask, just out of curiosity?