Cap Space

Is it a foregone conclusion we are not re-signing Beachum?  If not, I think it's almost certain that JD is intending to draft a Tackle in the first round.  Perhaps Beachum would be brought back after the draft if we don't get one, but that feels risky.  Is there any news of other teams pursuing him?

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Is it a foregone conclusion we are not re-signing Beachum?  If not, I think it's almost certain that JD is intending to draft a Tackle in the first round.  Perhaps Beachum would be brought back after the draft if we don't get one, but that feels risky.  Is there any news of other teams pursuing him?

Definitely not coming back. OL is moving to athletic players especially their tackles. Beachum’s moving on.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Get me Clowney and Robby back and I would be a very happy Jet fan.

Looks like we can afford it.

That and one vet CB like Jimmy Smith or Logan Ryan. We might not have the $ for Logan who wants a 1 yr 10 M deal at that point if we sign Clowney and Robby, but may Smith will be more affordable.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

About $9m

Which is more than covered June 2 by the June 1 release of Johnson. That $11m isn't included in the cap space until the release is official on June 1. So we don't really have to worry about the draft cap hit.