Jets sign CB Pierre Desir

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

hmmmm   Where did the racist stuff come in?   I'm not following  Is it the Greenbean name? ;) 

Anyone who supports Brian Winters is a racist in my mind...but it was more about the intensity of my forum posting back in the day.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Anyone who supports Brian Winters is a racist in my mind...but it was more about the intensity of my forum posting back in the day.

Interesting take.   Well, I'm certainly glad you've calmed down. My white beard came with some settling myself.  Years ago I would have happily engaged you in the phil1c osophical exchange on the merits of blanket opinions and such.   We could have had something of a good time.  Sorta like our almost gambling.  We're almost having quite the day you and I. :)   

But just to close, I'm not supporting him.  I would just rather try and get something for him.  I think we could have for Roberts too, but they wanted to make a statement with him being such an early cut after calling us "fake a$$ fans".  At least that's what I'm telling myself.   lol  

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

WTF is wrong with you? 

First off, GET YOUR OWN NAME!!

Secondly, don't EVER 'fix' anything OF MINE with your unparalleled stupidity.

Anyone who supports Brian Winters is a racist in my mind.

Any other racist nonsense you gonna spew to set me up

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

WTF is wrong with you? 

What have I missed? Could you elaborate on why in your mind Winters is a racist.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

LOL What a ridiculous argument.  And I said IF he slips.  Get the point?

tenorBM2HVPU2.gif

Yeah, youre gambling a pick before the draft hoping he falls.  F that

I get what youre saying always have, its a simplistic fail.  Youre right, a ridiculous point 

Got it? 

suck my dick wwe GIF

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, youre gambling a pick before the draft hoping he falls.  F that

I get what youre saying always have, its a simplistic fail.  Youre right, a ridiculous point 

Got it? 

suck my dick wwe GIF

two #1's a #2 and Three  #3's  No gamble. Just for the heck of it. Lets say it goes through, no trade up and we get a late #1 for the fake prez - who do you pick with the 2 #1's?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How many lockdowns are there in todays pass happy NFL where the rules have helped rid the league of those type CBs?

^^^^ this 100%

Firstly, where do people think we are getting a lockdown corner right now .... drafting Milner and thinking he'd replace Revis Day 1 worked out very well for us. -.-

Getting rid of Tru and Roberts was addition by subtraction. A solid squad with Poole and Desir leading the way with Bless or whoever else wins the camp battle for #2 along with our safety group sounds good to me after witnessing the horror that was our CB group last year.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, phill1c said:

WTF is wrong with you? 

Is this a troll account?

Didn't you call someone a racist yesterday for wanting to trade Jamal Adams.....for Odell Beckham Jr.??? #-o

15 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Soooo Douglas actually seems to know what he’s doing..

It does seem that way.  The guy is in Year 1 of his 6 year deal....call me not surprised that he's spending judiciously in a targeted manner and not handing out "anchor" contracts to guys who will weight on his salary cap and future flexibility.

Joe D. isn't playing GM like a guy who is fighting for his job like Macc was last year.  When you're worried about getting fired you start throwing a bazillion dollars at guys like Mosley and Bell to get some names on the roster and sell PSLs for your boss.  Douglas is acting like a guy who wants to win a Super Bowl in about 3 years and get an early extension to his GM deal.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

No.  He was done by the  mid 70s.  Jack Tatum hit that ended his career, and I am pretty sure Tatum did not play innto the 80s.  It was bad enough when I was able to remember guys fathers as players. 

Now I am old enough to have seen the grandfathers.

LOL

I had Aaron Boone's grandfathers baseball card. Now he's retired and managing.

I also remember when Ken Griffey was a rookie with the Reds. How many years ago did Jr. retire?

I could go on, but why do this to myself?   . :dohslap:

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL

I had Aaron Boone's grandfathers baseball card. Now he's retired and managing.

I also remember when Ken Griffey was a rookie with the Reds. How many years ago did Jr. retire?

I could go on, but why do this to myself?   . :dohslap:

I had all the super star BB cards from the 50's and 60's: Koufax, Gibson, Mantle, Maris, Wills, Mays, McCovey, Allen, Seaver, Ryan, Rose, Yaz, Banks, Whitey, Spahn, on and on and on. I coulda been somebody.  

46 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If Hairston and Maulet are CB5 and CB6 after Poole, Desir, Austin, and ROOKIE then I’m perfectly happy for 2020 on D assuming we add an Edge rusher or two somehow. 

Yeah, just get someone who can pressure the QB and our D should be effing good.

32 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I had all the super star BB cards from the 50's and 60's: Koufax, Gibson, Mantle, Maris, Wills, Mays, McCovey, Allen, Seaver, Ryan, Rose, Yaz, Banks, Whitey, Spahn, on and on and on. I coulda been somebody.  

You and me both.

Same thing with the earliest Marvel comic books.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

700-1000 ON EBAY  :dohslap: 

s-l1600.jpg

Lol,  I remember when he first appeared in a Fantastic Four storyline.

Its weird, but I can even remember some of the artists names from back then. They had nicknames too, like Joltin’ Johnny Romita.

That stuff I remember, but I lose my phone 5x a week.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I said I'd take Henderson at 11 before this signing 14.  I like his potential to change our pass D, which damn he numbers I didn't ever trust a year ago.  Keeping games closer and the offense from constantly playing catchup will take tons of pressure off of Sam and the passing game.  Helps Sam and the running game 

Desir, Henderson with Blessed in the dime sounds good to me

JD has left a lot of options available to him at 11 with the FA signings addressing more than a few spots 

Good take on Henderson.  JD has done a good job of putting more options on the table at #11.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Classic John Buscema cover 

I spent a couple grand on some of his original Conan and Silver Surfer artwork about 15 years ago.

The wife still gives me sh*t about it whenever I tell her something is “too stupid” to spend money on.

Lol the only other Boards I belong to are the CGC Boards.

Weird that this place just turned into that place.

I may only be 31 but I have good taste in Silver and Bronze Age Books?

IMG_20200322_204408.thumb.jpg.13c792bdc1e9d2522ae3c7d446058765.jpg

Sorry all non comic nerds... back to football. I am very happy with the Desir signing solid signing cheaper than Roberts win-win

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Early Spiderman was easily my favorite.

Do you guys remember Sgt Fury and the Howling Commandos? That was another one I liked.

I read the hell out of Howling Commandos and Sgt. Rock when I was a kid.

Used to read just about every Joe Kubert or Jack Kirby war comic I could get my hands on.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, phill1c said:

WTF is wrong with you? 

That damn corona is making people delirious.

Calm your titts, brah. I disagree with about 97% of everything PhilC posts but he’s not stupid.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Classic John Buscema cover 

I spent a couple grand on some of his original Conan and Silver Surfer artwork about 15 years ago.

The wife still gives me sh*t about it whenever I tell her something is “too stupid” to spend money on.

Speaking of Buscema art... My next Target is a 7.0 Silver Surfer #3, First Mephisto and the Buscema cover is magnificent. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Speaking of Buscema art... My next Target is a 7.0 Silver Surfer #3, First Mephisto and the Buscema cover is magnificent. 

Nice

I see you have Moon Knight’s first appearance in Werewolf by Night #32.

Hope they nail the show when it come out in another year or two. Never understood why he wasn’t more popular.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Nice

I see you have Moon Knight’s first appearance in Werewolf by Night #32.

Hope they nail the show when it come out in another year or two. Never understood why he wasn’t more popular.

Bowen Moon Knight got this one too Magnificent

mk.jpg