Jets sign CB Pierre Desir

Current Cornerbacks  (6)   

• 34 - Brian Poole 5'10" 205 Florida (CB)    
  • XX - Pierre Desir 6'1" 192 Lindenwood (CB)
  • 21 - Nate Hairston 6'0"185 Tulane (CB)    
  • 31 - Blessaun Austin 6'1" 198 Rutgers (CB)   
  • 23 – Arthur Maulet 5’10” 190 Memphis (CB)     
  • 35 - Kyron Brown 6'1" 195  Akron  (CB) === ERFA ===   (2019 INJURY)

Still need 3-4 more - maybe a 4th or 5th rounder, a couple of UDFAs, maybe re-sign Roberts or a 2nd tier UFA

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Coming off a pretty crappy year. He was good the year before in 2018. I would have preferred Amukamara but

Douglas clearly has a plan and is looking for some cheaper FA's he can plug holes with on reasonable contracts while he builds a core group of players through the draft.

It’s a good plan.  Tying up players to huge contracts hasn’t worked for us.  After a couple of better drafts maybe but for now I like this approach 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Signed 5 OL and 3 CB’s.

nice.

can't say he wasn't looking at team needs.  it's still a team game.  these guys may not be the second coming of munoz, revis, mankins, etc but get them all playing as a team and good things will happen.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

can't say he wasn't looking at team needs.  it's still a team game.  these guys may not be the second coming of munoz, revis, mankins, etc but get them all playing as a team and good things will happen.

Exactly.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ohhthepain said:

JD has aggresively addressed massive holes on the rosters like OL and now CB. A GM who knows how to do his job...its a beautiful thing. We are most definitely better. If we resign RA its gravy at that point. Then we have a whole draft in a WR and OL heavy class...?

Takes a lot of the pressure off by having to fill specific positions in the draft.  Now he doesnt have to reach for OL help while a top WR is sitting at a draft slot

• Upvote 3

He had a much better 2018 than 2019 but he's a talented CB. I love that it's a prove it deal. I haven't seen the numbers yet, but I bet it's not breaking the bank either. He's an upgrade from Roberts and Tru. That's for damn sure. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, KRL said:

The Rex Hogan effect

That's what I was thinking yesterday with the Josh Andrews signing but this confirms it imo. So far 1/2 of the FA's we've signed have some history with our front office or coaches. 

• Upvote 1

I love these short terms deals.  Doesn’t tie us into big money for the future but also gives these players more motivation to earn a better contract 

One year deal definitely if they are not a long term solution but its gut wrenching that every offseason we are in the same boat looking to fill the same positions. Hopefully we draft well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

One year deal definitely if they are not a long term solution but its gut wrenching that every offseason we are in the same boat looking to fill the same positions. Hopefully we draft well.

Well it’s obvious JD is gonna build through the draft.  But I do like short terms deal as of now 

8 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I think Johnson sent a message last year he wants to win now. I think they are balancing getting some good short term deals while also looking at plugging long term gaps