Vegas bookmakers have Jets at 6.5 wins for next season

Philc1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

we scored under 20 pts 10 times last season....    6.5 seems about right

scored over 20 pts ONCE vs AFCE...  (22)  ...      juggernaut, QB headed for HOF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not going to bet on anything till I get some reports of how  players are looking coming back into training camp... This is going to be one of the weirdest off seasons ever and literally we have no idea if some league players just decide to go full on Shawn Kemp Post Lock Out. 

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Why is his name in quotes? Is that a pseudonym? 

You have a coach, let's say. We'll call him "Gase". This "Gase" is...

Meaning "IF" we only win 6 games I'm sure it will be "Gase's" fault. Garbage conservative play calling.

• Haha 1

Just now, pdxgreen said:

I'm not going to bet on anything till I get some reports of how  players are looking coming back into training camp... This is going to be one of the weirdest off seasons ever and literally we have no idea if some league players just decide to go full on Shawn Kemp Post Lock Out. 

Yeah it’s definitely going to be a shortened season so who knows

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah it’s definitely going to be a shortened season so who knows

A lot of these guys haven't had this many unexpected intrusions into their daily schedules for years.  Hopefully they can't order Carvel Ice Cream cakes during the lock down.  The Johnson's could always pay them off I guess.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course a lot of the games are winnable.  But there's not one easy game in the mix, and there's always games you think will be easy that end up not being so.  That's why I prefaced it by saying we really don't know at this stage. 

But no matter how you splice it, this schedule is worlds different from last year's.

Both San Diego and Denver are weak.

Browns and Cards are picking before us.  Raiders are right after us and dont scare me.

We had 5 or 6 tough games consecutively to start last season.  
                                                                           Every year different teams emerge and others get injured or disappoint.   Last year we got injured   Maybe this is our year

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Browns and Cards are picking before us.  Raiders are right after us and dont scare me.

Every year different teams emerge and others get injured or disappoint.   Last year we got injured   Maybe this is our year

The schedule is not as bad as people are making it out to be

Not to mention there won’t even be away or home games this season 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know its considered stupid to try to count W's and L's 5 months prior to the season.  But who sees 7+ wins out of a schedule with these opponents?  Come on now. 

• Bills x2
  • Pats x2
  • Dolphins x2
  • @ Colts
  • @ Chiefs
  • @ Chargers
  • @ Rams
  • @ Seahawks
  • Broncos
  • Raiders
  • Cardinals
  • 49ers
  • Browns

Even if we go 3-3 in division play (and that's optimistic), I struggle to find 4+ wins in that non-conference schedule. 

That's a brutal road slate, with 3 trips to the west coast.

13 and 3.   No doubt. ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Browns and Cards are both due for much better seasons than last year.  Especially the latter with Kyler Murray entering year 2 and after adding DeAndre Hopkins to the offense.  

Chargers aren't scary, but traveling to the west coast to face them, the Rams and Seahawks is collectively scary.  

And I never, ever sleep on the Broncos, even at home.  Since 2000 they're 6-3 against us, including several bad blowout losses.  

11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Ok so let’s break this down:

Pats Dolphins and Bills 6 games, there’s no reason we can’t go 3-3. The Pats have one of the worst offenses in football.

Now for the meat and potatoes. Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Rams, Colts, Cardinals, Browns. Can we optimistically say 4-3? 

then there’s the Chiefs, Niners, and Seahawks. It’d be tough to win one of those games but who knows, but I’ll give them an 0-3.

thats 7-9 and over Vegas 6 wins... easy money ? 

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's what people said last year.

And those who disagreed were called "fake fans" and worse. Then I predicted we'd go through the same exercise this year. And here it is.

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

Based on what? The other teams in the division also have a tough schedule & Brady is in Tampa. Projection in the NFL is so stupid. What if the Bills have an injury avalanche like the Jets did in 2019? Who's Miamis QB? Pats QB? 

If only we could bet after we knew the outcome! Without an innate feel for probabilities of all sorts of things, you shouldn't bet.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JetFan20 said:

Right now I’d probably lean towards under 6.5 (assuming scheduling/travel remains in tact).

The overall talent on the roster is very similar to what it was last year with the schedule being considerably more difficult. 

The wildcard is the division. If the AFC east is bad perhaps the Jets can squeeze out 3 or 4 wins which would give them a chance at 7-8 wins. 

I think the range for next years team is between 4-8 wins so 6.5 o/u makes sense. Either way I think Gase’s days are numbered. 

The players are going to be put in one bubble and they will play games in that bubble every day of the week. No travel this year. No fans in attendance so they have to make up the lost $ with TV revenue.  :)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The players are going to be put in one bubble and they will play games in that bubble every day of the week. No travel this year. No fans in attendance so they have to make up the lost $ with TV revenue.  :)

Easy. If they do something like this, NFL will create a reality show of daily life for these players (and probably their families). "Life Behind the Shield." I'd watch.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Browns and Cards are both due for much better seasons than last year.  Especially the latter with Kyler Murray entering year 2 and after adding DeAndre Hopkins to the offense.  

Chargers aren't scary, but traveling to the west coast to face them, the Rams and Seahawks is collectively scary.  

And I never, ever sleep on the Broncos, even at home.  Since 2000 they're 6-3 against us, including several bad blowout losses.  

We had more injuries than any of these teams and had a better record last year.  We also have Sam Darnold going into year 3.    It’s fair to say no NFL game is a gimme especially on the road, but to act as if they are all probable losses doesn’t seem reasonable either.  

Vegas has over under at 6.  How many games do you project the Jets to win?

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

That’s the thing home and away means nothing this year

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

We had more injuries than any of these teams and had a better record last year.  We also have Sam Darnold going into year 3.    It’s fair to say no NFL game is a gimme especially on the road, but to act as if they are all probable losses doesn’t seem reasonable either.  

Vegas has over under at 6.  How many games do you project the Jets to win?

It's 6.5. If pressed to bet I'd go with the over. Just barely. 7 wins.

17 hours ago, bitonti said:

the cynic in me says future bets are dumb in the light of a possibly shortened season 

if you want to be a madman, +750 to win the AFC East is plenty of longshot without them yanking it away on a technicality 

I'm almost positive that the 6.5 requires a full season to be played or else the bet is off.  

17 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Ok so let’s break this down:

Pats Dolphins and Bills 6 games, there’s no reason we can’t go 3-3. The Pats have one of the worst offenses in football.

Now for the meat and potatoes. Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Rams, Colts, Cardinals, Browns. Can we optimistically say 4-3? 

then there’s the Chiefs, Niners, and Seahawks. It’d be tough to win one of those games but who knows, but I’ll give them an 0-3.

thats 7-9 and over Vegas 6 wins... easy money ? 

That's a nice breakdown.  I could easily see 4-3 in your "meat and potatoes" games though I could just as easily see 3-4.

17 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Let's not forget that 6.5 wins is only part of the equation.  You left out the odds.

For example, it could be like -200 to take "over 6.5 wins" (meaning you'd have to risk 200 to win 100).  I think this was the exact scenario for Buffalo last year.  I remember liking the over but didn't want to risk those odds.