The UDFA Thread (Full League Discussion)

Maxman

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

I edited my original post but...

Why didn't anyone draft him?

Good blocker. Lacks athleticism. He's not in the mold of where the tight end position is going. He's a 3rd string type of player.

Considering our TE group is littered with third string type players why not take a flyer on him. He had almost 600 yards receiving last year and I personally watched him make some great grabs. Not sure why you would consider him a good blocking TE......that's the furthest from the truth.

53 minutes ago, RobR said:

@Paradis brought up James Robinson earlier. I'd love to land him. Not a great 40 but boy look at those jumps, which is even more important IMO.

No ones gonna mistake him for the flash, but boy does he know move through traffic. David Johnson like at times. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Not to quibble but the question was who is the best Jets undrafted free agent, Namath was drafted by both the AFL and the NFL.

Well technically yes on both counts - you are correct. But it was predetermined by Jets and approved by Namath before he was drafted.  So in essence, its almost like he was an UDFA since it was a done deal before they even 'legally' drafted him.  

Just now, Paradis said:

No ones gonna mistake him for the flash, but boy does he know move through traffic. David Johnson like at times. 

I watched a bit after you brought him up. I'd be all in for getting him now because our RB group is still very lackluster.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Nah, we just barely had corners to begin with. We actually needed all these guys. 

This offseason we have signed 2 UDFAs, drafted a Cb, drafted a Cb/FS hybrid, traded for CB, signed a starting CB, re-signed Nickel CB, and re-signed depth CB. Add that to Bless Austin, Nate Hairston, Kyron Brown. That’s 11ish players . I love it a little, not gonna lie, but that’s a lot of new and young faces.

37 minutes ago, RobR said:

Moss goes undrafted. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero‬⁩

Thaddeus Moss’ physical at the combine revealed a Jones fracture in his right root that required surgery. Inability to visit teams for follow-up exams hurt him. Talent there for new Washington OC Scott Turner to unlock.

4/25/20, 7:33 PM

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, RobR said:

What I've noticed over the years is some players get linked to a team, says they signed and then it gets retracted. I totally agree with your premise because this thread will get out of hand and impossible to follow.

It's like college coaches offering and then pulling recruitment offers over the course of a signing period, only it gets condensed down to mere days, lol.

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero‬⁩

Thaddeus Moss’ physical at the combine revealed a Jones fracture in his right root that required surgery. Inability to visit teams for follow-up exams hurt him. Talent there for new Washington OC Scott Turner to unlock.

4/25/20, 7:33 PM

Thanks. So they're saying the Redskins landed him?

Edit: Oops, just saw Washington got him.