PFF Genius Sam Monson battle with Jets fans on Twitter

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

guy whose job is to get as much publicity as possible says something you don't like and your first thought it give him as much publicity as possible?

...genius. 

PFF is supposed to be about the football. Not sports talk hot takes. 

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I can't take his negativity. Don't mis-understand me , nothing wrong with being critical, I just find much of his criticism unreasonable. 

I think he’s a great Jets fan and appreciate all the content he’s provided me for free. 

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Why do people get upset if a writer has a negative view of us.  Who cares. 

Just win games and the narrative will change.  

99.9% of the time this is my feeling as well.  However, with this Monson guy from PFF, this seems like overly obnoxious and my gut tells me it's overly obnoxious because a few of the Jets OL publicly criticized his credentials and now he's butthurt and is going to take little potshots at the Jets whenever he can whether he believes it or not.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

Apparently called Denzil Mims a draft day loser on his podcast for ending up with the Jets and their bad QB, bad coach, bad OL.

He also compared Darnold to Mason Rudolph apparently 

https://twitter.com/pff_sam/status/1254607629084737539?s=21

Do you have your next ID planned out?

I assume this trolling ID will wear out soon enough.

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

99.9% of the time this is my feeling as well.  However, with this Monson guy from PFF, this seems like overly obnoxious and my gut tells me it's overly obnoxious because a few of the Jets OL publicly criticized his credentials and now he's butthurt and is going to take little potshots at the Jets whenever he can whether he believes it or not.

Was not aware of the background with Monson, but even if he has an anti-Jet agenda, best response is to start winning.  Its easy to kick us when we are down, and we have been down a while now.

• Upvote 2

Sam Monson is a f*cking moron. How those f*cking PFF guys managed to monetise watching football I will never quite understand but fair play to them I guess.

He was obnoxious as hell when he posted on the NFLUK forums, lashing out at anyone who dare criticise legends of the game like Tarvaris Jackson or Troy Williamson. Good to see he hasn't changed.

Not a credible human being let alone football analyst. Ignore.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Doesn’t he live in Ireland, too? Their opinions are usually straight truflais

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

This is what I'm wondering.  They have worked hard to build up some semblance of credibility for using analytics in an objective way.  Then they drop turds like this and completely destroy the mirage they have been building and turn into just another Pro Football Talk.

I haven't paid much attention to ProFootballOutsiders lately but perhaps they are the place to go for objective analytics.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Why do people get upset if a writer has a negative view of us.  Who cares. 

Just win games and the narrative will change.  

I believe they are talking about Joe C from turn on the Jets, not one of the team writers.

3 hours ago, JetFan20 said:

since..when? They've embraced the "outrage" model for a long time. Maybe there's some stuff on there that's good, but almost all of their social media targets specific teams with 'hot takes'.