Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because while JD was taking calls, Jamal Adams was texting Ryan Clark about wanting to be in Dallas.  NOT b*tching about JD taking calls.

Only AFTER the trade did NOT happen did he throw his little b*tch tirade.  

If he was actually pissed about JD answering calls, he'd have been complaining about it throughout the process.

The quote Tom posted said,

"when I found out I was being shopped" 

He could have gone from - pissed I'm being shopped to, hope it's Dallas.  No?  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

But I thought he wanted to go to Dallas?

so confused.  This is hard to follow. 

And Dallas is rumored to no longer be interested in Jamal. 

It's supposed to be confusing.  Hence why you can't make a claim about what JD is doing right now.  He might be taking calls, making calls, or not be on the phone about Adams at all.  

What we CAN be confident about is Jamal has no interest in playing on $3.5M this year.  The Jets don't seem interested in giving him his new contract at this time.  Hence the trade rumors.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Conspiracy  isn't  the word I would use. Thst would suggest a disinformation campaign to hurt someone or some organization.  This is just feeding into what has already been created by the media about him. Stoking the flames if you will and I don't  think this is a coincidence like this would have happened regardless if he signed an extension or not. Basically, I think hlwhat he is doing is detrimental based on whst is out there already. 

Yeah but it suggests, heavily that all parties are in it together.

And of course the main question is why?  What does painting Adams to be unhappy or wanting a trade to Dallas do for anyone?  Whats the benefit to the agent?  A new deal from the Cowboys is better than a new sea from the Jets how?  Why would Adams want to leave all things considered?  To me if theres no benefit, I dont see a scenario like this being anything other than fan speak.  Then theres Adams treating his negotiations as a business deal.  It is what, wrong?  And you think JD, CJ, GW and Gase would run the team, or should as fans who somehow feel slighted?  Or should they try and put the best team on the field.  

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

The quote Tom posted said,

"when I found out I was being shopped" 

He could have gone from - pissed I'm being shopped to, hope it's Dallas.  No?  

Except this was the timeline:

• Heard about trade rumors
  • Texted Ryan Clark about wanting to be in Dallas
  • Stayed quiet until deadline
  • Deadline passed, didn't get traded,
  • Threw public tirade about JD "picking up the phone"
  • Went to CJ behind JD's back to complain some more

Again.  Your version of events makes no sense.  He wasn't actually pissed about JD talking trade.  He threw his public tirade because he wasn't traded to a place he wanted to go.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And Dallas is rumored to no longer be interested in Jamal. 

It's supposed to be confusing.  Hence why you can't make a claim about what JD is doing right now.  He might be taking calls, making calls, or not be on the phone about Adams at all.  

What we CAN be confident about is Jamal has no interest in playing on $3.5M this year.  The Jets don't seem interested in giving him his new contract at this time.  Hence the trade rumors.  

But, JD did talk to Dallas and didnt get it done and that's why Jamal is pissed.  I thought we confirmed that.  lmfao.  This is like a day time drama.  

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

But, JD did talk to Dallas and didnt get it done and that's why Jamal is pissed.  I thought we confirmed that.  lmfao.  This is like a day time drama.  

Yes and that was months ago, at the trade deadline.  Hell, the window might not be fully closed on trading him to Dallas.  They could use some help on defense.  But the Dak deal obviously has to come first.  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again.  Your version of events makes no sense.  He wasn't actually pissed about JD talking trade.  He threw his public tirade because he wasn't traded to a place he wanted to go.

How have you verified this timeline? 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What are you hooligans talking about? Adams got pissed because the Jets were taking calls on trading him. Hence the “you don’t take calls on Tom Brady and Donald”. Not pissed because he wasn’t traded to Dallas. 
He thinks he’s untouchable and shouldn’t be brought up at all. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes and that was months ago, at the trade deadline.  Hell, the window might not be fully closed on trading him to Dallas.  They could use some help on defense.  But the Dak deal obviously has to come first.  

I thought Dallas wasnt interested in Jamal anymore?  

lmfao 

I cant keep up

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

What are you hooligans talking about? Adams got pissed because the Jets were taking calls on trading him. Hence the “you don’t take calls on Tom Brady and Donald”. Not pissed because he wasn’t traded to Dallas. 
He thinks he’s untouchable and shouldn’t be brought up at all. 

Yes because everything Jamal says is him being 100 % honest and totally not trying to save face.  

17 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Listen, you guys can an argue about Adams value as a player until the cows come home... but, it’s irrelevant. He wants out.

He showed up in this market, began his self-promoting, while simultaneously anointing himself the leader, and has subsequently been criticized for selfish behavior that runs contrary to bring team-first. He’s a very good player. It’s be nice to keep him here at a pragmatic cost. However, it’s concerning to me that he’s shown that he’s 1.) not really a leader, as much as he’s a cheer-leader, and 2.) he’s far too soft, because it’s very clearly under his skin that he was called out for self-serving behavior by fans.

Not much you can do with these guys when their insecure nature proves they can’t handle the fans. 

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

1.) If you read/quote my whole post, it’s clear I’m talking about fans - not the team.

2.) I also make it clear he’s been criticized since his first season for putting himself and his own accomplishments and promotion ahead of the team. It’s always been the issue with him and fans. I’m not talking about him getting paid. I’m talking about him not wanting to be here because people don’t like his hypocrisy. 

3.) Don't try so hard to find a contrarian angle that you have to change the entire meaning of what was said.

OK, still cant find where its close to being clear that youre talking about so called fans criticizing him for selfish behavior that runs contrary to bring team-first.

I'm not trying hard to do anything.  No deep dive into what was said, just read it for what its worth.  If you mean fans, fine, I get it.  Its just not was clearly said.

And please, dont confuse what a portion of a disgruntled fan message board says in their posts with what fans think, players think and the so called experts think.  His teammates love him, hes still looked at a team leader and I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find experts who believe in this opinion of Adams.  Players and especially teammates could care less when someone is looking for security and a new deal.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:
@JiF   Tweet below was at 2:19 PM.  Trade deadline was at 4 PM.

ESPN’s Ryan Clark said Jets’ S Jamal Adams would like to go home to Texas and play for the Cowboys.

S0he found out 1;30 before the deadline, said I hope it this if it happens then he hopes its Texas.  And because he didnt freak out Clark via text but he did the first time he saw the media and they asked him about it, he was really freaked out because it didnt happen?

lol ok.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:
@JiF   Tweet below was at 2:19 PM.  Trade deadline was at 4 PM.

ESPN’s Ryan Clark said Jets’ S Jamal Adams would like to go home to Texas and play for the Cowboys.

Yes. After hearing he was being dangled in trade talks, that was his destination of choice. 
Not sure what’s so hard to understand here lol

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

OK, still cant find where its close to being clear that youre talking about so called fans criticizing him for selfish behavior that runs contrary to bring team-first.

I'm not trying hard to do anything.  No deep dive into what was said, just read it for what its worth.  

And please, dont confuse what a portion of a disgruntled fan message board says in their posts with what fans think, players think and the so called experts think.  His teammates love him, hes still looked at a team leader and I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find experts who believe in this opinion of Adams.  Players and especially teammates could care less when someone is looking for security and a new deal.  

Stopped reading at ‘still can’t find’. Some adults don’t need things spelled out at a 3rd grade reading level. You do. It’s almost always your point of contention that something wasn’t explained for an idiot. ?

38 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I like this post. 

one thing is that they had brady the whole time at a discount. Moss Gronk whoever never really got paid. We do not ahve the luxury for long, at some point Sam will need money and so if we can ship adams all the better.

The Pats made Gronk the highest paid TE in the league for his 2nd contract.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nfl-patriots-gronkowski/gronkowski-signs-six-year-54-million-extension-with-pats-idUSBRE85801E20120609

Moss was 30 when they traded for him and they smartly didn't give him a huge contract. They did give him another deal after the monster season he and Brady had but he took a discount and the Pats likely wouldn't have given him a monster deal because of his age.

Mention Jamal Adams on this board and this place goes crazy.  I don't even think he's the diva or premadonna type.  He shoots off his mouth every once in a while but I expect that from todays players in the social media era.  Crazy the polarizing opinions this board has on him.  

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Pats made Gronk the highest paid TE in the league for his 2nd contract.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nfl-patriots-gronkowski/gronkowski-signs-six-year-54-million-extension-with-pats-idUSBRE85801E20120609

Moss was 30 when they traded for him and they smartly didn't give him a huge contract. They did give him another deal after the monster season he and Brady had but he took a discount and the Pats likely wouldn't have given him a monster deal because of his age.

was he top paid? i didn't realize that, but top paid TE didn't break the bank i bet.  AND he was a TE and huge weapon on Offense for the, yeah moss didnt get top money or any other player for that matter. Your not really disagreeing w my point just pointing out i was wrong on gronk part. touche.

yeah yup agreed.

8 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

It's one thing to have a personality, and another to be a complete selfish moron. Did he not learn how to conduct contract negotiations from Mevis... I get he wants to be paid, but first off you have to honor your first contract no matter how good you might think you are. That should have been his first thought if he wanted to be endeared by the fans. That would have shown true leadership and maturity. How do you think most JET fans feel about Revis now ?   I for one used to be one of his biggest fans until he played Mevis... I got this tip from an old VP I used to work for, and believe me he was never one of my favorite people, until I saw most of the things he told me work out better for me. He once said in one of my performance interviews that I was a superb worker, but asked me how many times each year I was going to ask for more money. Well after a while I stopped asking. That's when I started to get recognized and paid better. 

My Biggest problem with Revi$ wasn’t the money or the diva’ish behaviour. It was he simply couldn’t play at the level we paid him for any more. Adam’s is a diva but he can play. He’s not a Antonio Brown, he’s sane just a millennial diva. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

S0he found out 1;30 before the deadline, said I hope it this if it happens then he hopes its Texas.  And because he didnt freak out Clark via text but he did the first time he saw the media and they asked him about it, he was really freaked out because it didnt happen?

lol ok.

Yes, it makes total sense for him to be perfectly calm before the trade deadline and hope he goes to Dallas, then to freak out afterwards and whine about JD even picking up the phone.

You've totally got this whole thing 100 % correct and Jamal did nothing wrong.

Even Pac said Jamal handled things wrong at the deadline.  

Pac.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

was he top paid? i didn't realize that, but top paid TE didn't break the bank i bet.  AND he was a TE and huge weapon on Offense for the, yeah moss didnt get top money or any other player for that matter. Your not really disagreeing w my point just pointing out i was wrong on gronk part. touche.

yeah yup agreed.

My point really is that good teams usually give second contracts to top players when they draft them. You want to pay for those prime years. You don't want to over pay for the ~30+ years.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Stopped reading at ‘still can’t find’. Some adults don’t need things spelled out at a 3rd grade reading level. You do. It’s almost always your point of contention that something wasn’t explained for an idiot. ?

Right.  Any one would know wtf youre saying when you dont actually put in in words.  

Cant you ever just say sorry, you weren't clear and stop being dickish about something so meaningless?  You clarified what you were saying and that should have been it.  

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah but it suggests, heavily that all parties are in it together.

And of course the main question is why?  What does painting Adams to be unhappy or wanting a trade to Dallas do for anyone?  Whats the benefit to the agent?  A new deal from the Cowboys is better than a new sea from the Jets how?  Why would Adams want to leave all things considered?  To me if theres no benefit, I dont see a scenario like this being anything other than fan speak.  Then theres Adams treating his negotiations as a business deal.  It is what, wrong?  And you think JD, CJ, GW and Gase would run the team, or should as fans who somehow feel slighted?  Or should they try and put the best team on the field.  

As far as how the fans feel,  that isn't  a factor in what I am saying but Adams is playing to them. Adams put that on social media so he is trying to leverage this. The media has put this out there, we all know that but Adams is now elevating it with what he's doing. He doesn't  want to wait another year, he is trying to get a long term deal now. 

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, it makes total sense for him to be perfectly calm before the trade deadline and hope he goes to Dallas, then to freak out afterwards and whine about JD even picking up the phone.

You've totally got this whole thing 100 % correct and Jamal did nothing wrong.

Even Pac said Jamal handled things wrong at the deadline.  

Pac.  

I've said multiple times in this thread that Jamal handled the situation badly.  This board makes a bigger deal of it than it was but either way, poor behavior...but that's one truly insignificant bad incident that I can think of rather than saying he's a petulant child.  lol  It's like your new conquering hero.  So dramatic.  lol

Now, settle down, no need to get so heated that you're putting words in my mouth and comparing me to Pac of all people to look better.  I just dont buy your conspiracy that his rage was really aimed toward not getting traded vs. JD taking the call.

This is all a waste of time and a mess. No one is going to trade premium draft capital (1st and a 3rd minimum) AND pay him a ridiculous contract. It’s just going to be a messy relationship where JD gets the most out of Adams for 3 years and moves on.

He will not be resigned long term because he is looking for north of $20 mil/per which is ludicrous and no team is going to trade for him. Prepare for non stop drama but hopefully good production for 3 years while we build up the team. It’s far from ideal but it is what it is. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

As far as how the fans feel,  that isn't  a factor in what I am saying but Adams is playing to them. Adams put that on social media so he is trying to leverage this. The media has put this out there, we all know that but Adams is now elevating it with what he's doing. He doesn't  want to wait another year, he is trying to get a long term deal now. 

He hasn't leveraged anything.  He has no leverage.  All of this is a result of his being told the Jets were open to trading him.  He didnt start any of this.  We've lost track of what happened here.  Not looking to argue, just saying I dont agree that he, along with Jones both, are using the media whatever to manipulate the situation.

Do I think he wants to be traded?  No

Do I think if he was going to be traded he'd rather go home to Dallas over a Detroit?  Yes