Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  You aren't even considering the possibility that Adams' camp is the source of this rumor.  There might not even be any trade discussions going on.

The Ravens were rumored to be interested in Adams at the trade deadline, so its obviously not an outlandish rumor this time around.  But rumored interest doesn't necessarily mean the Ravens and Jets have been talking.  

And, if the Ravens did call, how dare Joe pick up the phone. You don't pick up the phone for players like Tom Brady, Aaron Donald, and Jamal Adams. He may as well have publicly sh*t on Jamal Adams' chest. Actions speak louder than words, yo. So not radical.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My point really is that good teams usually give second contracts to top players when they draft them. You want to pay for those prime years. You don't want to over pay for the ~30+ years.

i agree with that statment sure, but would you go further and say that the prime years should be paid for at only certian positions? like not SS. Like OL QB WR etc..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

i agree with that statment sure, but would you go further and say that the prime years should be paid for at only certian positions? like not SS. Like OL QB WR etc..

If you run into a problem where you have a bunch of prime players to pay around the same time then, yes - you have to pick and choose and positional value becomes a part of the equation. The Jets don't have that problem and haven't had that problem for a long time. It's a good problem to have but we certainly do not have it. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, it makes total sense for him to be perfectly calm before the trade deadline and hope he goes to Dallas, then to freak out afterwards and whine about JD even picking up the phone.

You've totally got this whole thing 100 % correct and Jamal did nothing wrong.

Even Pac said Jamal handled things wrong at the deadline.  

Pac.  

Never seen someone have this story so wrong lol. Did you just make up your own story? 

• Post of the Week 2

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am curious as to what the story is, SIR

It’s already told. 
-Trade deadline approaches. Reports go out that Adams could be on the block and Jets are taking calls from teams. 
-Adams hears this, is baffled such a thing could happen because he’s black jesus and untouchable. And no such thing should happen. 
-Adams and Clark exchange texts, Adams saying if they’re gonna trade him, then Dallas is where he wants to be. 
-Adams gets all pissy at JD because he did his job of taking calls even though you don’t trade mr. untouchable. 
-And that’s basically it. 

Quite simple really. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

It’s already told. 
-Trade deadline approaches. Reports go out that Adams could be on the block and Jets are taking calls from teams. 
-Adams hears this, is baffled such a thing could happen because he’s black jesus and untouchable. And no such thing should happen. 
-Adams and Clark exchange texts, Adams saying if they’re gonna trade him, then Dallas is where he wants to be. 
-Adams gets all pissy at JD because he did his job of taking calls even though you don’t trade mr. untouchable. 

Quite simple really. 

Word. Not sure how that differs from what 80 was saying, though(?)

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

It’s already told. 

Quite simple really. 

This pretty much sums it up.  The rest is the media trying to drum up traffic.  Doubt anything happens but it is a good test of Joe D's leadership.  Is he calm at the helm?  Does he capitulate like Tanny and dole out the big bucks to soothe an ego or trade away a building block like O'Brien or maybe another story line yet unwritten.  Tasty!

Eating Popcorn GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Maybe 10 years ago. I guarantee that Lamb will not take 3 years to show he is capable of being a impactful WR. That is the dumbest sh*t I've read all day. The league changes, just last year Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Darius Slayton.....just to name a few.

Yeah Metcalf really brought the Seahawks to the next level... ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Right.  Any one would know wtf youre saying when you dont actually put in in words.  

Cant you ever just say sorry, you weren't clear and stop being dickish about something so meaningless?  You clarified what you were saying and that should have been it.  

Youre constantly in arguments because you need things explained all the time. 

No personal attacks.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Youre constantly in arguments because you need things explained all the time. 

No personal attacks.

I'm not arguing with anyone else, stick to the subject.

Youre the one arguing.  Youre the one who started this over nothing.  Youre the one with the personal attacks.

Its been explained to you more than once and YOU are the one who just doesnt get it and needs things explained.  

Look in the mirror and move on, its boring,

• Upvote 1

They went 14-2 by being BOLD and stacking their team around an unknown QB

Yes and that window is not open for us. Not yet.

Being bold and stacking around your QB does not leave room for paying the SS $15-18M per. Adams neither helps Darnold nor helps in quickly getting the ball back in Darnold’s hands. That would be a poor way to build around your young QB.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you run into a problem where you have a bunch of prime players to pay around the same time then, yes - you have to pick and choose and positional value becomes a part of the equation. The Jets don't have that problem and haven't had that problem for a long time. It's a good problem to have but we certainly do not have it. 

Exactly. Darnold’s window (and next contract) coincides well with those of Adams AND Douglas. Go on a Super Bowl run starting now. Try. That’s what I personally want to see from the jets. Try. Like we did under Rex and before. 

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not arguing with anyone else, stick to the subject.

Youre the one arguing.  Youre the one who started this over nothing.  Youre the one with the personal attacks.

Its been explained to you more than once and YOU are the one who just doesnt get it and needs things explained.  

Look in the mirror and move on, its boring,

lol, I posted something relatively benign. You partially quoted it, tried to carve out an antagonistic reply, and I explained further and told you don’t try do hard to create conflict.

You responded by calling me dickish.

Im quite certain you’re deluding yourself, as usual. Kindly gfy.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes and that window is not open for us. Not yet.

Being bold and stacking around your QB does not leave room for paying the SS $15-18M per. Adams neither helps Darnold nor helps in quickly getting the ball back in Darnold’s hands. That would be a poor way to build around your young QB.

No one is going to change your mind but extrapolating Darnold’s last 8 games he would have been

4000 yards/61.4%/30 total tds/8 INTs 

Jets had a 6-2 record. 

The window is not not open...

14 minutes ago, Vader said:

No one is going to change your mind but extrapolating Darnold’s last 8 games he would have been

4000 yards/61.4%/30 total tds/8 INTs 

Jets had a 6-2 record. 

The window is not not open...

how bout extraploating tthe middle three losses to pats and jax and dolphins?

ouch.

homers dont like that

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

This pretty much sums it up.  The rest is the media trying to drum up traffic.  Doubt anything happens but it is a good test of Joe D's leadership.  Is he calm at the helm?  Does he capitulate like Tanny and dole out the big bucks to soothe an ego or trade away a building block like O'Brien or maybe another story line yet unwritten.  Tasty!

Eating Popcorn GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

he gonna stonewall the self n amed Preze who aint won ish...

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

bingo!

Problem is, we’re not getting two #1’s. 

But all the people who want him gone so badly will be happy for some bizarre reason because we got a couple of draft picks that could be the next Dee Milliner and Stephen Hill. 

At what point do we begin to think about the rather large difference in expected value from a Dallas first rounder vs. one from the Ravens?

Dallas a playoff team? maybe yes maybe no.

Ravens are on a short list for a SB appearance so....

In terms of point value there may be a huge difference between the two prospective trade partners.

25 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

how bout extraploating tthe middle three losses to pats and jax and dolphins?

ouch.

homers dont like that

Yeah those were NOT good. but if we are looking to next season and going forward, and analyzing his season, the last 8 games could be the leveling up we expect from a player like Darnold.

that has to be acknowledged even if it’s “trust but verify” style. 

14 minutes ago, EM31 said:

At what point do we begin to think about the rather large difference in expected value from a Dallas first rounder vs. one from the Ravens?

Dallas a playoff team? maybe yes maybe no.

Ravens are on a short list for a SB appearance so....

In terms of point value there may be a huge difference between the two prospective trade partners.

In Jerry Jones mind Dallas is always relevant for the playoffs. And always a player - most valuable sports franchise in the universe 

On 5/25/2020 at 11:12 PM, Ian Fleming said:

It’s interesting that a non-traditional source of Jets news has been reporting on Adams-related news suddenly over the past week. That could make his reporting credible. Question is, who is giving him this info outside of the traditional channels and why?

Deflecting attention away from the midgets.

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Yeah those were NOT good. but if we are looking to next season and going forward, and analyzing his season, the last 8 games could be the leveling up we expect from a player like Darnold.

that has to be acknowledged even if it’s “trust but verify” style. 

its cherry picking stats. 

you know what , my strikeout percentage in little leauge was 0% on all tha abs i didnt strike out....

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

its cherry picking stats. 

you know what , my strikeout percentage in little leauge was 0% on all tha abs i didnt strike out....

Cherry picking stats? You’re looking at the body of work over one half a season. Nothing cherry picked there. But I get it. You have a hard on for Darnold and can’t wait for him to fail so you can say I told you so. Good for you. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, I posted something relatively benign. You partially quoted it, tried to carve out an antagonistic reply, and I explained further and told you don’t try do hard to create conflict.

You responded by calling me dickish.

Im quite certain you’re deluding yourself, as usual. Kindly gfy.

Actually to be accurate, you posted that Jamal has been accused of being self centered whatever and I said by who and asked for the link.. You came back with that's what fans said and something about being an idiot for not being able to read what was clearly in your said in your post when clearly did not.  I quoted the post that did not clearly say that.  I said that if that's what you meant, fine, it didnt come across that way, dont get dickish about it.  

So F off with the extend baby tirade, the childish  explanations, accusations.etc. You've managed, as usual, to turn a simple response that should have ended more than a few posts ago into a major issue

im the one who argues.