Myles Garrett 25Mil Per

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Sure, Myles isn't a QB. However, he forces other teams to change how they play, whereas I don't believe teams worry as much about Adams. A DE getting consistent pressure and sacks is far more valuable than a SS that occasionally makes a splash play in the backfield.

how many big plays did we give up donwfield as an LB assumed his coverage duties while he was not getting home....???

• Upvote 3

Just now, Losmeister said:

how many big plays did we give up donwfield as an LB assumed his coverage duties while he was not getting home....???

How many tell us? 
Funny.  Sacks are because of play calling by G Williams 

Fantasy big plays downfield while attacking the line of scrimmage as designed are on Jamal

Lol

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just one:  A 3rd rounder.  But he can't hit free agency until after the 2021 season, the earliest.

That was a joke, not a question.   But it does bring up a valid point- maybe there should be more compensation for someone that gets that kind of contract.

9 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

JD Kung Fu Master

I don’t know, buddy...

After today, it looks like Douglas badly misplayed his hand, and the market.

He could’ve probably extended Adams for 5 and 16 two weeks ago. Now that’s a pipe dream.

58 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Cheers Applause GIF

Agreed completely. The new NFL needs two coverage safeties. If the Jets need Jamal to blitz every other down than they should make him the rush LB (he'll earn more money there) and put in a SS that covers or rather is asked to cover by the team instead of blitzing. He can roam around the field pre-snap and blast off from anywhere, and they can have a safety in coverage instead of a LB that can't cover.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Jamal is thanking his lucky stars JD waited so long to redo his deal.

He’s going to get that 18-20 million easily now.

@Jetsfan80 remember when I teased you for making up that number out of thin air? Now it’s probably the lowest number Adams will get.... and he’ll get it from the Jets.

What the hell does QB and Edge rushers getting signed to big contracts have to do with a box safety? I'm honestly at a lost. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Agreed, I'm just wondering if Douglas is negotiating with "Mr. Drama"

I don't get the feeling he is. In fact I suspect if he wouldn't be quoted nationally he would tell you it was a mistake saying he would negotiate in the offseason with Jamal. He may have, and Jamal just wants way more, or he may have ghosted Jamal before Covid. I just don't see him overpaying for anyone except Sam if he shows hes a true franchise guy

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Jamal is thanking his lucky stars JD waited so long to redo his deal.

He’s going to get that 18-20 million easily now.

@Jetsfan80 remember when I teased you for making up that number out of thin air? Now it’s probably the lowest number Adams will get.... and he’ll get it from the Jets.

As of today, I would say the chances of that happening are almost slim to none.

Also, Jamal is probably going to get 15-17 million.  Unless a stupid team jumps in, that 18-20 is still a pipe dream.  He's a safety.  Not an EDGE rusher.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What the hell does QB and Edge rushers getting signed to big contracts have to do with a box safety? I'm honestly at a lost. 

If The top QB is now getting $50 mil, and the top DL is getting 25. Do you really think it’s a stretch for the top Safety to get 20?

I don’t, and the longer Douglas waits the higher these contracts will go, and the less he gets back in a possible trade.

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Also, Jamal is probably going to get 15-17 million.  Unless a stupid team jumps in, that 18-20 is still a pipe dream.  He's a safety.  Not an EDGE rusher.

15 is laughable in this market.

We shall see how it plays out.... I’m saying he gets minimum 18.

After today I’m expecting 20.

23 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

15 is laughable in this market.

We shall see how it plays out.... I’m saying he gets minimum 18.

After today I’m expecting 20.

He's not an EDGE rusher.  He's a safety.  You're looking at the wrong market.

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Then we need trade him already. No reason to keep holding on to a player we're not going to. 

Unless there's a belief Jamal's demands will drop to a number that is more reasonable for the Jets

29 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

If The top QB is now getting $50 mil, and the top DL is getting 25. Do you really think it’s a stretch for the top Safety to get 20?

I don’t, and the longer Douglas waits the higher these contracts will go, and the less he gets back in a possible trade.

Miles Garret is an edge rusher. They get sacks. Sacks stop QB's. Box safeties tackle stuff, some times. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Miles Garret is an edge rusher. They get sacks. Sacks stop QB's. Box safeties tackle stuff, some times. 

It’s a new market. 

We’ve seen a RB, a QB, and now a DL redline the market at their positions.

Two of them were in Adams draft class. Like it or not, he’s next up.

I actually think today’s news ensures we trade him. Douglas misread this market badly, and I don’t think he’ll want to admit that publicly buy paying 18-20 per now, when 15 or 16 would’ve gotten this done had he acted a few weeks earlier.

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Cheers Applause GIF

Agreed completely. The new NFL needs two coverage safeties. If the Jets need Jamal to blitz every other down than they should make him the rush LB (he'll earn more money there) and put in a SS that covers or rather is asked to cover by the team instead of blitzing. He can roam around the field pre-snap and blast off from anywhere, and they can have a safety in coverage instead of a LB that can't cover.

Sounds like you’re asking the NFL to allow the Jets to field 12 players in defense. Finally Jamal can make an impact and get that big fat contract.  Genius!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s a new market. 

I actually think today’s news ensures we trade him. Douglas misread this market badly, and I don’t think he’ll want to admit that publicly buy paying 18-20 per now, when 15 or 16 would’ve gotten this done had he acted a few weeks earlier.

Joe Douglas didn't misread anything. Like, at all.  Suggesting otherwise is ludicrous.  Jamal Adams is a safety. He deserves a contract in-line with Safeties, not EDGE rushers, CBs, or pass rushing DTs.  It's that simple.

You can't say "it's a new market" in one breath and then talk about positional markets in another.  Positional markets are how this has always worked.  Jamal doesn't deserve more money because other positions got paid and he sure as sh*t doesn't deserve 18-20 million.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Agreed, I'm just wondering if Douglas is negotiating with "Mr. Drama"

Based upon the absence of any recent Jamal BS on social media, along with Le'Veon's interview where he said that he thought Adams would be on the team this year, I think it might be happening. 

10 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s a new market. 

Who says JD wanted to pay him 15M per other than the Jamalites on here. If he was interested in resigning him and giving him a big fat contract, it would have been in the works. Instead of that big fat contract being worked on, all that’s transpired is Jamal running his big fat mouth.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s a new market. 

Yes, he’s worth 13-15k Per. Nothing’s changed. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Like a potato ?. I’d eat a potato straight up or stuffed. Either way, it’s a potato. 

EADB7FCF-2CB4-4E42-A7A6-C866709FC6B4.jpeg

• Haha 1