Myles Garrett 25Mil Per

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal Adams does things no other player in the NFL can do. 

Well except for this guy.....

Darius Leonard 

• 91.0 Solo Tackles per season
  • 3.5 INTs
  • 6.0 Sacks
  • 3.0 FFs
  • 1.0 FRs
  • 9.5 TFLs
  • 7.5 PDs

And this guy....

Jordan Hicks

• 93 Solo Tackles in 2019
  • 3 INTs
  • 1.5 Sacks
  • 2 FFs
  • 1 FRs
  • 11 TFLs
  • 6 PDs

And this guy...

Bobby Wagner (at the age of 29)

• 86 Solo Tackles in 2019
  • 1 INT
  • 3.0 Sacks
  • 1 FF
  • 1 FR
  • 7 TFLs
  • 6 PDs

And this guy...

Cory Littleton

• 84.0 Solo Tackles per season
  • 2.5 INTs
  • 3.8 Sacks
  • 1.0 FFs
  • 2.0 FRs
  • 7.5 TFLs
  • 11.0 PDs

And this guy....

Logan Ryan (unemployed....in July)

• 73 Solo Tackles in 2019
  • 4 INTs
  • 4.5 Sacks
  • 4 FFs
  • 0 FRs
  • 4 TFLs
  • 18 PDs

Shall I keep going?  I have more.

They don't get it man. Jamal Adams is amazing and he is a unique defender that elevates everyone around him. The irony is it's the opposite, Jamal relies on a good defensive coordinator to use him the right way (GW), corners to cover while he blitzes, and more "dawgs". 

Our fanbase is in love with this guy because sadly we don't have too many other players of his caliber to root for. That gives the perception that Adams is a superstar, he is not. If he tweeted as much as Marcus Maye, no one outside of NY would care about Adams.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

They don't get it man. Jamal Adams is amazing and he is a unique defender that elevates everyone around him. The irony is it's the opposite, Jamal relies on a good defensive coordinator to use him the right way (GW), corners to cover while he blitzes, and more "dawgs". 

Our fanbase is in love with this guy because sadly we don't have too many other players of his caliber to root for. That gives the perception that Adams is a superstar, he is not. If he tweeted as much as Marcus Maye, no one outside of NY would care about Adams.

Yeah but you're forgetting the following:

• Jamal is a fiery leader here (even though he wants to be a Dallas Cowboy and threw a tirade when he wasn't traded there)
  • Who leadery leads people (while acting like an unaccountable whiny b*tch on Twitter)
  • And inspires his teammates (not one of which have stated or demonstrated their support for him during his "holdout")
  • And cares about his teammates (even though he said "we need more Dawgs" and was sniping from the sidelines on Twitter while the team lost to Baltimore without him).
  • And leads them (Even though he wasn't mentioned, and likely not present, when the players held a team-only meeting after the squad held after they started 1-7)
  • And wins games on his own (Even though the team beat Miami without him and lost to Miami with him).

All that is worth an extra $10M per year on top of what he wants!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I did not say he brings nothing.  I said he is a good player but not a great one.  I said he does not appear to be a game changer and cited our W/L record as evidence in support of that.

My answer on your "anyone of consequence" nonsense is the group of so called experts who were supportive of Adams, to a man would not have give even a single first rounder in trade for him.

So either his play on the field is where he falls short or his additional baggage are what is bringing his value down.  Or both (my own opinion). i.e. he is not that good to begin with AND he has huge salary demands AND he is a problem employee.

You want to throw him on the bench just because.  For one the union would tear JD and the Jets a new ass.  Then your turn off every FA signing and every rookie wondering what they were drafted too.

Trades and what the return is often have nothing to do with talent.  Its the trade, who needs a player and the payday that goes along with it.  Doesnt on any level mean he cant play.  Ex players, players, coaches, the so called experts all talk glowingly of his game.  Why?  Because hes that good,  So yeah the nonsense is because you cant afford a Lambo, Rolls, Bently whatever that means it isnt good.  BTW, the group of so called experts where who TV talking heads from ESPN or NFLN?  LOL.  Thats the nonsensical statement, not the one asking for someone of consequence complaining about his play on the filed.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Jamal is a fiery leader here (even though he wants to be a Dallas Cowboy and threw a tirade when he wasn't traded there)
  • Who leadery leads people (while acting like an unaccountable whiny b*tch on Twitter)
  • And inspires his teammates (not one of which have stated or demonstrated their support for him during his "holdout")
  • And cares about his teammates (even though he said "we need more Dawgs" and was sniping from the sidelines on Twitter while the team lost to Baltimore without him).
  • And leads them (Even though he wasn't mentioned, and likely not present, when the players held a team-only meeting after the squad held after they started 1-7).

And to think you haven't even mentioned his cool little dance moves.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Something, call it a hunch, tells me that Joe Douglas & Adam Gase haven't been particularly thrilled with Adams and his antics over the last month and a half.

They may not be happy.  

Or they aren't paying any attention to it.  Because his teammates dont give a damn.  If Adams becomes a distraction, if he gets in the way of winning, if hes doing this during the actual season that could be different.  Right now its off season nonsense trying to renegotiate his deal.  If not then he has to go.  You know more than anyone wow I really feel about him and this nonsense

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You want to throw him on the bench just because.  For one the union would tear JD and the Jets a new ass.  Then your turn off every FA signing and every rookie wondering what they were drafted too.

Trades and what the return is often have nothing to do with talent.  Its the trade, who needs a player and the payday that goes along with it.  Doesnt on any level mean he cant play.  Ex players, players, coaches, the so called experts all talk glowingly of his game.  Why?  Because hes that good,  So yeah the nonsense is because you cant afford a Lambo, Rolls, Bently whatever that means it isnt good.  BTW, the group of so called experts where who TV talking heads from ESPN or NFLN?  LOL.  Thats the nonsensical statement, not the one asking for someone of consequence complaining about his play on the filed.

So he is good but maybe not worth a first.  He is good but maybe not worth the money he is asking.  Well maybe that has something to do with how much he is asking for and the manner in which he has chosen to do that asking.

At some point every player in the league becomes too expensive.  Even players who are significantly better than Adams.  I think the problem here is that he is pricing himself way over his value.  Period. End of story.

How much will Facebook be worth when it goes public? - Quora

So basically "F%ck off Jamal"

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

So I’ll say this slowly. Jamal is nothing more than a hyped up hybrid LB/SS. Notice which comes first - LB/SS. Meaning his skill set is more aligned to the LB position than the SS position.  He is NOT an edge rusher as you imply or would make him out to be one. Nor is he very adept in coverage. And sticking him in either traditionary role would IMO neutralize what he does as a hybrid LB/SS. Bottom line is he really wouldnt excel at either position. He is no Chris Jones or Kam Chancellor. And he sure isn’t a blend of those two either. Sure there is someplace for him on some team that has a smoking pass rush and shut down secondary. But that’s not us and even if it was I wouldn’t pay him 15 million per year to do what he does in that role. You could pay somebody 5 million and get the same production. 

I didn't say he was an edge rusher as if he's always coming off the edge which would make him much easier to block. I said he could roam around the formation prior to the snap and blast off from wherever he was. I stated that if the Jets are going to use him to rush most downs (as opposed to me wanting him to do so, which I don't) they should just line him up as a LB and have someone else play safety for coverage purposes. I also have no interest in the Jets paying him 15 mill per to be a tweener. Just so we're clear I'm not an Adams advocate who think he's Mr. do it all, and my preference is that safeties play in coverage.   

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, EM31 said:

So he is good but maybe not worth a first.  He is good but maybe not worth the money he is asking.  Well maybe that has something to do with how much he is asking for and the manner in which he has chosen to do that asking.

At some point every player in the league becomes too expensive.  Even players who are significantly better than Adams.  I think the problem here is that he is pricing himself way over his value.  Period. End of story.

How much will Facebook be worth when it goes public? - Quora

So basically "F%ck off Jamal"

You e managed to make one ridiculous post after another.  Any proof no one offered a first?  All the internet GMs swore JD turned down a 1& 3 from the Cowboys 

And yes no matter how many different ways you ask, what the offers are said to be, from tv personalities like Greenie are meaningless.  If he weren’t good, someone of consequence would bring it up.  But I get it, you can’t find one so you’re acting like trades happen in a vacuum.  

Now finally something we can agree on, it may just be a case of him looking for too much damn money.  Or what I’ve said to others.  Don’t want to pay?  Fine. Rather bring in a big haul in a trade?  Fine.  Tell me he isn’t a player, doesn’t make the defense better?  Then you don’t know the game or are just trying to justify a position.  There really shouldn’t be a debate 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You e managed to make one ridiculous post after another.  Any proof no one offered a first?  All the internet GMs swore JD turned down a 1& 3 from the Cowboys 

And yes no matter how many different ways you ask, what the offers are said to be, from tv personalities like Greenie are meaningless.  If he weren’t good, someone of consequence would bring it up.  But I get it, you can’t find one so you’re acting like trades happen in a vacuum.  

Now finally something we can agree on, it may just be a case of him looking for too much damn money.  Or what I’ve said to others.  Don’t want to pay?  Fine. Rather bring in a big haul in a trade?  Fine.  Tell me he isn’t a player, doesn’t make the defense better?  Then you don’t know the game or are just trying to justify a position.  There really shouldn’t be a debate 

The offer for a 1 and a 3 was rumored and not confirmed.  In any event I doubt that same offer is on the table today.  The market has changed since then and I am sure potential buyers have lowered the amount they are willing to pay for Adams as a result of that.

I ask you this. Who needs the headache and for a safety to boot?

On 7/14/2020 at 4:44 PM, Jetster said:

What is Clevelands record with Myles Garrett again? This stuff is insane! Belichick would never pay anyone outside of a HOF QB that type of money! 

You wont win a Super Bowl having anyone other than the QB making 25 million per. Even when Reggie White went to Green Bay Favre stirred that drink. They don't win a Super Bowl without Brett Favre. 

This is what I'm thinking. 

So because the Cleveland Browns paid a DE that somehow means that the Jets should model them? Mahomes has been a league MVP and Super Bowl champion.  McCaffrey had more yards from scrimmage than anyone else(I believe) and they are both offense. It's different than Garret or Adams. 

I am a Jamal supporter and want him on the Jets but still hold firm that JD is modeling the Jets after the Ravens. Not the Browns or Panthers. 

Oh... there's one other thing that all of those guys have in common and where Jamal is different.  Anyone care to guess what it is? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

The offer for a 1 and a 3 was rumored and not confirmed.  In any event I doubt that same offer is on the table today.  The market has changed since then and I am sure potential buyers have lowered the amount they are willing to pay for Adams as a result of that.

I ask you this. Who needs the headache and for a safety to boot?

Almost everything about this is rumored, from the level of the Dallas interest on down.

Has the market changed?  All I head this spring is because of COVID the cap would be affected so much that contracts would take a hit.  The last couple of deals say that was wrong.  

See you keep thinking hes a headache.  But up until this offseason he has been a model citizen, who plays hard as balls, who cares about the team and who is looked up to as a leader.  None of this is wrong, no matter the joking comments.  And I'll repeat myself over and over, teammates could give a damn about a player trying to maximize their deals because they know theyre in a business, which fans cant seem to grasp.  They also know their day will also come when they will need to do what they feel they need to do to get their $$.  This has been a way of life for years and years.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• And leads them (Even though he wasn't mentioned, and likely not present, when the players held a team-only meeting after the squad held after they started 1-7)
  • And wins games on his own (Even though the team beat Miami without him and lost to Miami with him).

So you posted 6 bullet points 5 on his tweeting or your perception of his lack of leadership that is consistently contradicted by teammates and one that makes no sense whatsoever?  

At least you backed off from he is a total liability in coverage nonsense

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Almost everything about this is rumored, from the level of the Dallas interest on down.

Has the market changed?  All I head this spring is because of COVID the cap would be affected so much that contracts would take a hit.  The last couple of deals say that was wrong.  

See you keep thinking hes a headache.  But up until this offseason he has been a model citizen, who plays hard as balls, who cares about the team and who is looked up to as a leader.  None of this is wrong, no matter the joking comments.  And I'll repeat myself over and over, teammates could give a damn about a player trying to maximize their deals because they know theyre in a business, which fans cant seem to grasp.  They also know their day will also come when they will need to do what they feel they need to do to get their $$.  This has been a way of life for years and years.  

And I see a shameless self-promoter who is not as good as his manufactured legend.

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2020 at 5:06 PM, GREENBEAN said:

This is what I'm thinking. 

So because the Cleveland Browns paid a DE that somehow means that the Jets should model them? Mahomes has been a league MVP and Super Bowl champion.  McCaffrey had more yards from scrimmage than anyone else(I believe) and they are both offense. It's different than Garret or Adams. 

I am a Jamal supporter and want him on the Jets but still hold firm that JD is modeling the Jets after the Ravens. Not the Browns or Panthers. 

Oh... there's one other thing that all of those guys have in common and where Jamal is different.  Anyone care to guess what it is? 

Theres a long standing error message that comes across message boards.

If a GM for team X makes a mistake and overpays for player Z why are we compelled to add to that mistake by also overpaying for player Y.

Why?  Who knows, Garrett is an EDGE and has as much in common with Adams as Mahomes does.

Or Dak, who turned down $35 mil per, $100 guaranteed today.  A real slob overestimating his worth and proving once again that fans have no idea how much money owners make and is available for signing product

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2020 at 2:32 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

100% true! Its amazing to me that a few people here want to pay him 20 million  and actually think he's worth it. He will never get that  here and l doubt with any other team. Then you have the fools on here having his contract comparable to Garrett, or Mahomes, he has to be paid 20 million to be the highest paid safety, 33% more than the current safety, man you can't make this up. All this for a 3 year player who is under contract for 2 more years. Everything you stated above shows the true Jamal, a narcissistic, phony, self promoting douche.

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2020 at 5:51 PM, GaryM said:

Then you have the fools on here having his contract comparable to Garrett, or Mahomes

Please find the one fools who "having his contract comparable to Garrett, or Mahomes", I'd like to see the fools called out

On 7/14/2020 at 4:42 PM, King P said:

Jamal definitely has valid arguments, like him or not. Of course they get undermined by "he's a safety so he doesn't matter!"

I've always believed good players should be paid regardless of position.

If we're not gonna pay Jamal, then might as well trade him.

Yet when Jamal asks for a trade, those same people who don't think we should pay him throw a hissy fit ??

He's under contract for two more years.

A contract built and designed by the league AND the player's Union.

He has a beef, take it up with his Union rep.

There is no earthly reason why the Jets need to give him an extra penny till 2022.

The entire point is that he is cheap.  If he's expensive, he and his non-premium position simply is not worth it.

He's under contract for two more years.
A contract built and designed by the league AND the player's Union.
He has a beef, take it up with his Union rep.
There is no earthly reason why the Jets need to give him an extra penny till 2022.
The entire point is that he is cheap.  If he's expensive, he and his non-premium position simply is not worth it.
Whelp considering he is a hybrid S/LB some would say he might be worth 15.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Whelp considering he is a hybrid S/LB some would say he might be worth 15.

Teams can, and do, win a lot of games without hybrid S/LBs.  They aren't a necessity to a successful defense. 

Meanwhile, no one has ever spent $15M on a hybrid S/LB in the history of the NFL.  The whole point of employing a S/LB hybrid is so you can get a player for cheap who can handle that role.  The minute you spend big on it, its utility no longer makes sense.  You can find a decent WLB and Safety for a good bit less than $15M combined.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2020 at 1:24 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

Just pointing out what the market thinks SS's are worth.

The top safety is being paid 15million at this time.

Paying Adams 20mil = a 33% increase

Apple is currently going for $390/hare.

Would you bid for it today for $520?

Insanity.

Oh yeah APPLE doesn't belly ache Like Adams

I hope they get a fair value trade offer and pull the trigger.

The P.I.T.A. ( pain in the ass factor) is just too high.

it's a negotiation 

or supposed to be

You don't get to negotiate with Apple stock 

Jamal wants 20, Honey Badger gets 13, he's worth 16 or 17

that's how negotiations work 

If everyone walked away at the first low ball or high ball offer,  no one would ever make a deal 

as for the bolded statement Adams is a solid player who does his job (and more). What exactly about him is a pain in the ass? his desire to be paid market value? 

He's not Chris Herndon out there blowing .14 on the jersey Turnpike. He's not Darnold missing months with social diseases. 

I honestly want to know what makes Adams such a pain. 

I'll hang up and listen to the answer 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's a negotiation 

or supposed to be

You don't get to negotiate with Apple stock 

Jamal wants 20, Honey Badger gets 13, he's worth 16 or 17

that's how negotiations work 

If everyone walked away at the first low ball or high ball offer,  no one would ever make a deal 

as for the bolded statement Adams is a solid player who does his job (and more). What exactly about him is a pain in the ass? his desire to be paid market value? 

He's not Chris Herndon out there blowing .14 on the jersey Turnpike. He's not Darnold missing months with social diseases. 

I honestly want to know what makes Adams such a pain. 

I'll hang up and listen to the answer 

You're not negotiating, you're paying the fair market PLUS the future value of how a player increases your probabilities of winning. He's a safety...he doesn't play a premium position Thems the breaks. Yes some team will probably pay him 16/17  million. But it's all about the guarantees are very well know.

But the pain in the ass factor is main issue. Why go public? The optics are horrible and of course management this should factor this in that when determining their offer.

You don't want your "best" player going public saying he wants out;

You don't want your "best" player going public saying saying he wants to be a Cowboy (or whatever other team it doesn't matter);

You don't want your "best" player saying management lied to him when they listening to trade offers;

You want me to go on?

Basically he's no better than Darelle Revis with a twitter account. At least Revis played a critical position and one can make the argument that he was worth the money. But cry babies/ bellyachers are what they are. They'll never change.

I HOPE AND PRAY THAT JD GETS LEFT ALONE TO TRADE HIM. BUT CHANCES ARE, OWNERSHIP WILL STEP IN AT THE LAST MINUTE AND PAY HIM

and that's how the Jet culture never changes...

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You're not negotiating, you're paying the fair market PLUS the future value of how a player increases your probabilities of winning. He's a safety...he doesn't play a premium position Thems the breaks. Yes some team will probably pay him 16/17  million. But it's all about the guarantees are very well know.

they are under the cap floor at the moment

paying Jamal Adams doesn't decrease their ability to field a football team

they have to pay someone 

the fact that it's Bell and Mosley instead of Adams is not entirely cool