Myles Garrett 25Mil Per

2 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I don’t know, buddy...

After today, it looks like Douglas badly misplayed his hand, and the market.

He could’ve probably extended Adams for 5 and 16 two weeks ago. Now that’s a pipe dream.

Don’t look at the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Sounds like you’re asking the NFL to allow the Jets to field 12 players in defense. Finally Jamal can make an impact and get that big fat contract.  Genius!

No, if you read it again (slowly if need be) you'll see I said have Jamal play the rush LB spot if the Jets want him to blitz all the time. That would imply he is replacing a LB on the field as opposed to just adding a 12th man. Thanks for playing...

4 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Agreed completely. The new NFL needs two coverage safeties. If the Jets need Jamal to blitz every other down than they should make him the rush LB (he'll earn more money there) and put in a SS that covers or rather is asked to cover by the team instead of blitzing. He can roam around the field pre-snap and blast off from anywhere, and they can have a safety in coverage instead of a LB that can't cover.

That's pretty much exactly what Gregg Williams did last year.  Adams blitzed 90 times last year.  That ranked 10th in the league among all defensive players.

3 hours ago, King P said:

Then we need trade him already. No reason to keep holding on to a player we're not going to. 

With only a partial college football season happening at best?  2021 picks are almost worthless at this stage.  We need to see what happens with the college season before trading Adams for picks.

There's absolutely no rush to do anything right now.  I wish Adams had been traded at the deadline last year but now we have to wait.

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

And they’re going to keep raising it and raising it until they bankrupt themselves or something changes. 

They'll never raise it to a point where the owners and league are threatened.  The NFLPA is one of the weakest unions in America.  The league is very much aware of how much is "too much".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No, if you read it again (slowly if need be) you'll see I said have Jamal play the rush LB spot if the Jets want him to blitz all the time. That would imply he is replacing a LB on the field as opposed to just adding a 12th man. Thanks for playing...

So I’ll say this slowly. Jamal is nothing more than a hyped up hybrid LB/SS. Notice which comes first - LB/SS. Meaning his skill set is more aligned to the LB position than the SS position.  He is NOT an edge rusher as you imply or would make him out to be one. Nor is he very adept in coverage. And sticking him in either traditionary role would IMO neutralize what he does as a hybrid LB/SS. Bottom line is he really wouldnt excel at either position. He is no Chris Jones or Kam Chancellor. And he sure isn’t a blend of those two either. Sure there is someplace for him on some team that has a smoking pass rush and shut down secondary. But that’s not us and even if it was I wouldn’t pay him 15 million per year to do what he does in that role. You could pay somebody 5 million and get the same production. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

So I’ll say this slowly. Jamal is nothing more than a hyped up hybrid LB/SS. Notice which comes first - LB/SS. Meaning his skill set is more aligned to the LB position than the SS position.  He is NOT an edge rusher as you imply or would make him out to be one. Nor is he very adept in coverage. And sticking him in either traditionary role would IMO neutralize what he does as a hybrid LB/SS. Bottom line is he really wouldnt excel at either position. He is no Chris Jones or Kam Chancellor. And he sure isn’t a blend of those two either. Sure there is someplace for him on some team that has a smoking pass rush and shut down secondary. But that’s not us and even if it was I wouldn’t pay him 15 million per year to do what he does in that role. You could pay somebody 5 million and get the same production. 

He’s getting paid a LOT more than 15 million per.

All these anti Jamal threads and posts people have gone on and on with the last few months aren’t aging well, lol.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

All these anti Jamal threads and posts people have gone on and on with the last few months aren’t aging well, lol.

Baker Mayfield sucks d ck

26 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

As does Jamal. He isn’t aging well and his salary is the same.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With only a partial college football season happening at best?  2021 picks are almost worthless at this stage.  We need to see what happens with the college season before trading Adams for picks.

There's absolutely no rush to do anything right now.  I wish Adams had been traded at the deadline last year but now we have to wait.

Right, we wait. 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi 4 Mississippi 5 Mississippi

Ok Trade him now.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

You realize the cap is a percentage of revenues right ?

What you are going to see with these huge deals is a very unbalanced team, with 4 or 5 guys accounting for 80-90 million, and the other 48 accounting for 120 million.

Basically, your top 6 salaries will be easily half of the cap.

20 minutes ago, chirorob said:

What you are going to see with these huge deals is a very unbalanced team, with 4 or 5 guys accounting for 80-90 million, and the other 48 accounting for 120 million.

Sure. But that doesn’t mean bankrupt owners

9 hours ago, chirorob said:

If that will be the case, then you don't make strong safety one of those 6.  That would be insanity.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Helps Garrett plays an important position.

it's all pretty interesting because the critical players like pass rushers and the qb. will chew up the bulk of the salary cap and leave crumbs available for players like safeties, kickers, punters.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

What the hell does QB and Edge rushers getting signed to big contracts have to do with a box safety? I'm honestly at a lost. 

Absolutely nothing.

Adams, like Garrett and any other player, will get paid what JD wants to go up to in order to get it done.

If Adams is insistent on more that JD is willing to pay, he'll be traded.  

How does Garrett set the market for S's?  

Just trying to make JD look bad to oppose all those who like what they've seen so far.  Its a trend

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

These deals will ALL have a huge bearing on jamals asking price.  He and some media and fans view him as a franchise player.  He is going to be asking 20 million minimum.

I agree that he is a franchise player so long as he is a franchise player playing for someone else and where we have been compensated for trading him.

Otherwise let the worthless piece if $sh*t stew on the bench and fine him early and often.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

These deals will ALL have a huge bearing on jamals asking price.  He and some media and fans view him as a franchise player.  He is going to be asking 20 million minimum.

Yeah that would be because he is a franchise player as much as you hate to hear that.  

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I agree that he is a franchise player so long as he is a franchise player playing for someone else and where we have been compensated for trading him.

Otherwise let the worthless piece if $sh*t stew on the bench and fine him early and often.

So you think its trade him or leave him on the bench and fine him for no reason?

Oh yeah, thats smart and will work

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah that would be because he is a franchise player as much as you hate to hear that.  

Jamal has lead the jets to 5,5,7 wins

Franchise players help you win games, in three years I'd say there might be one game in which you could directly point to this player as making a turning point play.

A box SS that generates almost no turnovers is not a franchise player.

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:09 AM, Beerfish said:

Jamal has lead the jets to 5,5,7 wins

Franchise players help you win games, in three years I'd say there might be one game in which you could directly point to this player as making a turning point play.

A box SS that generates almost no turnovers is not a franchise player.

The win totals are as meaningless as it gets.  And you know it 

You dont t know and can never prove what a player adds to W/L totals or what the teams totals would gave been without him

Jamal is universally praised for his talent, hustle and play.  You can argue all you want that everyone is wrong.  His pro bowls and all pro status says you’re wrong

jamal is the best player and the face of the team and universally praised.  Exactly what a franchise player is

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, peebag said:

I still can't believe someone is going to give Adams 20 mil.

here's a question 

is there another defensive back you'd rather have for the next 10 years? 

not rhetorical

Is Derwin James better than 33? not really

19 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Jets have saved a lot of cash signing these sackless DTs every year.

oh The Jets save tons of cash 

not signing Jason Peters

not signing a legit pass rusher

not signing 33

eventually not signing 14

if saving cap space was rewarded with wins, the Jets would be a contender

instead of what they are today 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

here's a question 

not rhetorical

not signing Jason Peters

not signing 33

Jalen Ramsey

Marcus Peters

Tre'Davious White

Marshon Lattimore

Marlon Humphrey

Casey Hayward

I bet Jeff Okudah will be on this list soon as well. 

Most are on Jamal's level and play a premium position.

Want me to keep going?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So you think its trade him or leave him on the bench and fine him for no reason?

I would fine him if he does something where a fine can be made to stick.  Sure.

Yes I would consider benching him if he continues to be a distraction the same way that several teams benched and fined TO for example when his antics became too much of an issue.

And yes, I am serious.  His antics are in the let's compare him to TO range.  Hopefully it drives his contract value into the toilet so that others will think twice about copying the same "let me shoot my way out of town" strategy.  His implicit value to the Jets is a ship that has already sailed IMO.  What remains is his value as a caution to others.

You do t know and can never prove what a player adds to totals or what the teams totals would gave been without him

Jamal is universally praised for his talent, hustle and play.  You can argue all you want that everyone is wrong.  His pro bowls and all pro status says you’re wrong

jamal is the best player and the face of the team and universally praised.  Exactly what a franchise player is

Our franchise player is Braden Mann.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

They can easily fine him for "conduct detrimental to the team". 

You do t know and can never prove what a player adds to totals or what the teams totals would gave been without him

I won't argue that Jamal is a franchise player.  The ultimate question is how good is your team if your franchise player is a Safety?  Not very good would be my guess; Ed Reed, who was a FS, and the Ravens being the only exception I can think of for the modern era (although you can make the argument that Ray Lewis was their franchise player, not Reed)

27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

here's a question 

not rhetorical

not signing Jason Peters

not signing 33

I'd take Tredavius White over the safety.

• Upvote 2